Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Campaigns for Imperial City Celebration Event

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

This morning, in preparation for the start of the Imperial City Celebration Event, we opened three new campaigns on all platforms and megaservers:
  • Kastav
  • D'Albei
  • Alkosh
All new campaigns are 7-day campaigns with Kastav and D'Albei being CP enabled, and Alkosh being no-CP. All campaigns will be closed at the conclusion of the event.

Enjoy!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 7, 2018 2:59AM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • the'Doctor
    the'Doctor
    ✭✭
    Good Afternoon,

I watched my friend’s Stream of ESO, but did not get a twitch drop. How do they get Twitch drops enabled?
    They have a blog and have been sharing the fun they have playing ESO from day one.
    If this will help and is allowed, they are: Snoopsdream's ESO stream: #newplayerswelcome
    (https://www.twitch.tv/snoopsdream)
    I would like to receive Twitch drops from watching this player. I want to support her and help her channel and audience grow.
    Any answer or information would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Travel'n Man ~ made a lot of stops
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @the'Doctor

Check out this page:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431857/official-discussion-thread-for-eso-stream-team-current-twitch-drops-schedule/p1.
    It tells you everything you need to know about the "Stream Team" program. If you have any further questions, please post them on that thread, which is more on-topic.

Have a good one!

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Gina!

One of these was noCP in mid-year mayhem, shame not to have again but appreciated all the same.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Thanks Gina!

One of these was noCP in mid-year mayhem, shame not to have again but appreciated all the same.

I wondered about not getting a no CP option, then I remembered the last time I went to IC with no CP. It was pretty brutal with no sustain on my MagDK and that was just the PVE minibosses!

Hopefully ZOS will open up a campaign if the demand is there, but I'll stick to CP imperial City.

(It'd be a great time to farm emperor on the new campaigns, I suppose.)
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Gina,

Please please please make 1-2 of these into a faction locked campaign after the event (CP & nonCP).

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why cant zenimax block off the campaigns that we are allready in, and funnel the new people to NEW campaigns and allow us to be locked into our campaign we allready started? allow us to join the NEW campaigns if we want to as a guest.

Edited by Gilvoth on September 6, 2018 7:25PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why cant zenimax block off the campaigns that we are allready in, and funnel the new people to NEW campaigns and allow us to be locked into our campaign we allready started? allow us to join the NEW campaigns if we want to as a guest.

Because there are no "Reserved" spots on campaigns. First come, first serve.

The same thing applies every night with a poplocked Primetime queue. Its not just for events.

I play regularly on PC/NA Vivec. If I end up in Vivec's queue on a regular poplocked night at Primetime, well, I can sit in queue and whine about it or I can go PVP in Shor while I wait for the Vivec queue.

There's no "Disney FastPass" for the queue. Nor should there be, in my opinion. Go play in a different campaign while you wait for your queue to pop, that's what they are there for.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 6, 2018 7:31PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The same thing applies every night with a poplocked Primetime queue. Its not just for events.

I play regularly on PC/NA Vivec. If I end up in Vivec's queue on a regular poplocked night at Primetime, well, I can sit in queue and whine about it or I can go PVP in Shor while I wait for the Vivec queue.

There's no "Disney FastPass" for the queue. Nor should there be, in my opinion. Go play in a different campaign while you wait for your queue to pop, that's what they are there for.

that's not what i am talking about, my comment is directed to a developer. asking for a new direction for the people coming to our allready assigned campaigns.

Edited by Gilvoth on September 6, 2018 7:52PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's not what i am talking about, my comment is directed to a developer. asking for a new direction for the people coming to our allready assigned campaigns.

Yep. I get that.

I'm pointing out that implementing a FastPass system for bypassing the queues isn't practical. Neither is locking new players out of certain campaigns.

ZOS is providing the new campaigns so everyone can play in some version of Cyrodiil even if its not your home campaign. They aren't going to tell the new players "Guys, we know you want to play on Vivec and Shor, but sorry those spots are reserved for the players who play there outside of special events like this, so go away and queue for the new campaigns instead."

Telling new or primarily PVE players to "Go away, this spot on this campaign should have gone to a PVPer!" as people sometimes do in zone chat is one of those things that makes PVEers look at the PVP community and think its toxic.

How about we be a little more welcoming of new players?

(Or ZOS could just decouple Imperial City from Cyrodiil, and the queue becomes a moot point.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 6, 2018 8:21PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to say on Xbox EU Alkosh is showing as a 7 day noCP @ZOS_GinaBruno. Happy with that! 7 day noCP
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI looks like they disabled the emp mechanic in those new campaigns. D'Albei was all blue with one dude over 50K AP, then 100k AP and he was not emp.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    FYI looks like they disabled the emp mechanic in those new campaigns. D'Albei was all blue with one dude over 50K AP, then 100k AP and he was not emp.

I'd see why they would do that as empty campaigns lead to boosting and emp flipping. But id assume it's more likely a bug as odd they didn't mention anything here as that's quite the change.

Someone else started a thread -

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/434266/was-emp-disabled-for-the-added-campaigns#latest
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to say on Xbox EU Alkosh is showing as a 7 day noCP @ZOS_GinaBruno. Happy with that! 7 day noCP

PC NA as well.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    IDK why campaigns have to apply to IC at all i mean does more tel vars help you get Emp or something?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Whoops, yes. This was intended to have Alkosh be no-CP. Sorry about that! Editing the first post.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are unable to crown emp in Xbox NA in Kastav and another new one. Guildie has 400k ap and submitted a ticket and got a not so nice reply from Zos. What’s going on?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoops, yes. This was intended to have Alkosh be no-CP. Sorry about that! Editing the first post.

No worries, I'm glad we need a 7 day noCP :) thx Gina

Any word on why no one can get Emp?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

No worries, I'm glad we need a 7 day noCP :) thx Gina

Any word on why no one can get Emp?

Not yet, but we've been digging into it. Updates are being posted over here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/434266/was-emp-disabled-for-the-added-campaigns#latest
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are a legend @ZOS_GinaBruno thank you
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. I get that.

I'm pointing out that implementing a FastPass system for bypassing the queues isn't practical. Neither is locking new players out of certain campaigns.

ZOS is providing the new campaigns so everyone can play in some version of Cyrodiil even if its not your home campaign. They aren't going to tell the new players "Guys, we know you want to play on Vivec and Shor, but sorry those spots are reserved for the players who play there outside of special events like this, so go away and queue for the new campaigns instead."

Telling new or primarily PVE players to "Go away, this spot on this campaign should have gone to a PVPer!" as people sometimes do in zone chat is one of those things that makes PVEers look at the PVP community and think its toxic.

How about we be a little more welcoming of new players?

(Or ZOS could just decouple Imperial City from Cyrodiil, and the queue becomes a moot point.)

I'm mostly with you on this, but it definitely rubs me the wrong way that the main competitive PvP activity can be so easily disrupted by events like this. It would be good to know what's driving all these newcomers to the already-overpopulated competitive server instead of the ones specifically set up for the event. Do they think they won't have fun on a low-pop server? Are they just going with the first one on the list? Are they drawn to the servers with longer campaigns? I just feel like there are some easy environmental changes that could be made, such as changing server list order or labeling a section of servers as Imperial City Event Servers, which would help alleviate the problem.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i keep my characters in vivec (ps4/na)...brought my magblade in to IC a couple of days ago to get reacquainted with the place...

was so happy last night that when i logged in at 9:30 pm p.s.t. i was still in IC and hadn't gotten kicked back to rawl'kha...

even later in the night (around 12am p.s.t.) there were still plenty of folks running around the sewers and districts...

it's been years since i've stepped foot in any other map but the main (30 day cp)...

i'd rather wait the queue than to go to some strange new map where everything is totally different :p
    Edited by geonsocal on September 8, 2018 9:33AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place