Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eternaly falling in game

Psychic_Kitty
Psychic_Kitty
✭✭
Is there any actual real GMs in the game?

Because My character has been falling for oh 20 minutes now...seams logging off and back doesn't help..../stuck doesn't work to fix this just kills me as I remain falling....../reloadui just puts me somewhere I think up of where I was and still falling....no teleporting allowed...no place to spawn too.

I noticed the game doesn't like your character yelling a lot so it did log me out a few times.......but so far seams it didn't do that this time.

So any help would be nice.
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    well going to leave my game logged in....hoping I will get to some point....where I will then be warped to the top of the game world....then maybe I can get to the area by falling there.

if not....well then hmm....not sure what will happen when the coordinates go beyond the game's maximum distance...might be funny if the game world crashed.
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    just tried forming a group to teleport to a group member.....I am on line with a player named Old'Scratch...and that didn't work.

Game says I cannot use that in the area I am in.

So seam to be really stuck here.
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    by the way I may be causing these issues due to my location and what is happening....hate to point this out...I may be overloading the game server...oh well
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    ok I left the group....I don't want to impede other players....this is an issue that the developers or GMs need to address
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    For everyone's curiosity the game states "you cannot jump form this area"

when I try any of the teleport to friend or party or wherever option.

So yeah.....cannot delete the character because don't want to lose my special items.....great game so far....a bit purple....j/k

• Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    ok here is the top ten things to do while you eternally fall.

1. move the screen around and make yourself dizzy.

2. look at your inventory and maps

3. use commands like /stuck and /reloadui which wont help

4. form a group and be unable to teleport to them and they be unable to teleport to you

5. make a guild....thought it might be fun to make the stuck falling guild

6. talk on differing channels to others....seams the zone channels are empty....looks like this game basis things based on your distance to other players....so I am at a point even zone chat doesn't do anything.

7. lag the servers and cause others to have loading errors...ok not sure if my character is doing this...but very well could be

8. send in customer assistance requests, probably still wont get help but at least you will get some automated email

9. watch tv, play other games, make forum posts

10. and the number 10 thing to do...make a top ten list just like a certain late night talk show host does...and then maybe think about turning him on to watch.

• Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    hour 3 and still falling...

Amount of help from GMs = 0
    Amount of help from tech support = 0
    Number of automated messages = 2

Think I will log off.....not sure if I will come back or not.

nah... ill just leave the game on....I have no idea what willhappen if I do that...
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    ok I have sent in a bunch of messages and it looks like tech support is cut and pasting from the auto responses to me.

I guess the words from the game "cannot teleport from your present location" and "cannot jump form your present location" seam to not be understood.

As they tell me to try to teleport over and over.

They literally have no idea you cannot go to a way shrine if its covered by the fog of war on a map....or if your icon is not on the map it wont let you go there either.

I highly suggest if you work for the tech support for this company....maybe you should play your own game sometime.

• Arionic
    Arionic
    Same issue here except it's been over 28 hours.
  • gertonab16_ESO
    Guest another Campaign, you can still tp to those, since there is no animation. Found this out from another thread, please spread the information. However, this is not a fix, nor a solution. This is gamebreaking for all those who do not read the forums enough to find what i wrote.
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    ok perhaps this isn't being understood.

Guesting a campaign teleporting to a friend or team member results in a message that says "You may not jump from your location"

any other form of teleport like trying to go to a way point for example results in the message "you may not teleport from this location"

I am going to assume the reason for this as I explained to some tech support automated email is the fact that the locations I am trying to get to are covered by the fog of war....which locks out those areas you have not been to.

But the other reason....I am not sure....perhaps its because the character is in a state of falling...thus is moving...in addition the character is not in the normal coordinates area thus...the movement with no animations isn't being accepted as it has no start point.....or perhaps the axis number of the coordinates are not accepted because they are too large.

I am about to log in and see if this has been fixed or not.

oh and it hasn't been.....still falling....now it looks like I am spinning though...before I wasn't doing that.

going to post some screen shot links in a bit....

so everyone can see the fun of what to expect.....

maybe I will cut and paste the copies of the tech support email I get too....though right now its all been automated or the support person cut and paste something they had in the data base or even got a sorry that you have not been helped yet.
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    ok here is a shot as I fall as you can see I was trying to get help on any channel....and this is where I discovered that the zone chat and things actually have a range. I assume no one saw my messages because I was out of range.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/795191337242610637/3731AAD8B8086C8B0E3AB1290A04AA962958C569/

here we have me accessing the friends list
    and you can see the message I get trying to get to the friend.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/795191337242614458/5875FD80002416D3BE42C79CD8CB0744D71BD30B/

and here is the ground rushing away upwards
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/795191337242607789/47A362DE7AF1E0ABFAD5760FBFA84432BAFC2BE7/

and here is one of many tech support messages I sent

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/795191337242610081/21FBB94AE1961AB5E51569EE27E981D4514A41B0/

notice I am in first person mode at this point....got tired of the character being there.

• Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    It puts you somewhere over the rainbow. I usually fall into the sea and get eaten. Then my closest res spot is all the way across the map from where I was. requiring me to pay to get back home. I have paid a couple hundred in falling charges in a couple days. :)
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    woo something new happened.....I was auto logged out...which happens every so often....I get weird messages as to why....from too many messages which I assume is my character screaming...to unknown error...to being marked as idle for too long.

So when I logged back in for a second I saw what looked like an island....I flew right past it.....not sure if I could glide to it or not....since I don't seam to have control....

If this was city of heroes I would fly to it...but this game doesn't have flight....or super speed...or stealth that lasts longer then 2 seconds....or more then 5 skills you can use.....this game doesn't have a lot of things....
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As entertaining as some of your posts are, @Psychic_Kitty, you probably want to start playing again ;) Could you let us know what your UserID and character name is? You can PM it to me privately, if you'd like.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    ok I am logging out....have to go to work soonish......

I remember in city of heroes being able to teleport my team to me or single players to me....also had a mission teleport....but then again...issues like I am having would have a developer show up...who would fix issues right there.....oh well...this isn't that game....so I don't expect much.

• Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    As entertaining as some of your posts are, @Psychic_Kitty, you probably want to start playing again ;) Could you let us know what your UserID and character name is? You can PM it to me privately, if you'd like.

As I said in the numerous tech support messages and the with the screen shots.....the character is named Psychic Kitty

I sent a PM as well.
  • Tyetonious
    have you reached hell yet? :P
  • djodars
    djodars
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me yesterday but I logged out and typed /stuck 2-3 times and I was back on track.
  • gertonab16_ESO
    you could also read my post, and do what it said, and it would solve the problem for now, since it solved it for me. Guest another campaign. It has no animation, so it works.
  • wanderingbluedragonub17_ESO
    I have had this issue...but I land in the strangest places...I've landed on flat "platforms" floating in the middle of nothing...they all seem to have a purple checkerboard pattern...or one was made entirely out of water once...one of them had a huge and I mean huge black box on it...I took a screenshot...I've also landed on top of a mountain, which killed me, in the other faction's starting area in Cyrodill...and in the middle of the ocean..where slaughter fish decided to eat me..
  • Seaniv
    Seaniv
    Soul Shriven
    This issue (fall through world when jumping) has been happening since beta. It is random, however I can reproduce it quickly. Just normal jumping, that is required for many situations to access chests for example. Just follow me around. It will happen in 10-15 minutes if I am jumping around to explore the top or rocks, etc. I keep jumping to an extreme minimum now.

Workaround:
    Log out.
    Wait 5 minutes. I’ve tried /stuck many times without logging out and it doesn’t work.
    /stuck 2-5 times. The first few times you will respawn below the world and start falling again. Log out. log in. /stuck again. Eventually you will respawn someplace valid.

Problems with workaround:
    /stuck kills you. Armor degrades. At low character level it is not that big a deal. However, the number of times you have to /stuck means broken gear in a few days. Maybe take off armor before using /stuck command? (Just thought of that so have not tried it).

NOT NOT NOT a workaround!!
    Please stop with the generic /reloadui and 'tp to wayshrine' or 'tp to group member' Customer Support copy & paste responses. It only shows a desire to close support cases not resolve issues.
    • /reloadui - how does that help alter the location of the player? The player's in-game location is at an invalid z (height) value. /reloadui will not alter that.
    • TP to wayshrine - /stuck does that also but TP costs gold. The TP to wayshrine seems to not correctly reset the invalid z (height) value. It is likely that an invalid value like a high negative number breaks the function. Like 2-5 /stuck commands maybe 2-5 TPs would work. That would get expensive.
    • TP to group member – see TP to wayshrine. No cost. If group member keeps moving may never work.

Possible cause
    When I get hit with this bug I know it as soon as I hit the jump key. Immediately I am looking at the skybox and see the world above me moving away (up). It is as if as soon as pressing the key my location value for elevation gets set to zero. Maybe a function of the world physics. When jumping the player has no elevation value until the player model touches the ground (collides with geometry). Jump up, get set to zero, never land as are below the geometry. Nothing to collide with to set elevation value.

The Havok physics engine has always had problems with elevation values and geometry collision. Oblivion and Skyrim has this observable when entering a zone (indoor house is a common one) and see objects ‘fall’ through the table they were on because the starting (build) location is slightly above the surface. The collision check happens after the ‘fall’ so it misses.
    Edited by Seaniv on April 4, 2014 7:43PM
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seaniv wrote: »
    The Havok physics engine has always had problems with elevation values and geometry collision.

This is the most amazing thing to me about this game. After all the problems with Fallout series and ES, it's amazing Havok is still being used. They even tried to claim they weren't using it at one point with Skyrim. lol.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • irdalove
    irdalove
    I gotta go. I have a tiny world to save.
  • Remorseless
    Remorseless
    ✭✭✭
    No their are gm's, be patient like the rest of the people.
    Edited by ZOS_JuhoJ on April 5, 2014 3:24AM
    Vice

Love Palace
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    hey thanks for all the posts and support.

I finally did get help earlier today while I was at work....I didn't get help yesterday when I had the issue.

The problem I suffered was not a case of being stuck on texture like a few of you have a work around for.....as you can see from my screen shots I literally fell through the world...underneath the world I found what looked like an island that I fell past and a few buildings(should have taken screen shots just didn't expect to see them)...what was weird was seeing the bottom of those structures right next to me......which would soon fly up as I passed them

waypoints are disabled....teleport seams to be disabled as are jumps when you are truly below the world....notice my screen shots....like when I attempted to teleport to a friend....also they could not get to me either. I could form a team though...I could craft and do stuff...just I was in a falling state.....the stuck command kills you...it replaces the old command suicide.
    the older stuck command has been replaced by reloadui.

Ill fated messages I got included.
    "you may Not jump from this location"
    "you may not teleport form this location"
    "you maybe not use a waypoint from this location"

so anywise....thanks though. =^_^=