The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Be Careful exploring in Cyrodiil this may happen to you

SilentVigil
SilentVigil
✭✭
I am posting this here as there appears to only be two technical support options and I am on a mac but I believe this is a server issue (slightly long tldr may apply).

Yesterday morning I was exploring Cyrodiil and tried to jump over this large rock and fell through. after running around trying to jump out I realized there was no way out so I typed /stuck which I then found out you can't use in Cyrodiil. Next I tried /reloadUI and relogging - I am in the same spot - stuck.

Now since you can't teleport or whatever back to anywhere in Cyrodiil unless you are in a keep etc I went to the interwebs for suggestions and found that my only option was to guest to another campaign. I tried that but nothing happened for like 5 minutes and then when I tried again it said guest campaign locked and you have to wait 24 hours.

After waiting for online support for over an hour I sent my report detailing everything - including everything I've done to support. The email back told me to do exactly what I stated I had done. I replied back again. The second email support person told me to use /stuck. I replied back again that you can't use /stuck in Cryrodiil. On the 4th reply I typed in all caps READ THIS BEFORE ANSWERING and the reply was that they were escalating my problem.

So now we are on day 2 and I have 10 hours left before I can re try to guest to another campaign and nothing has happened to move my character from his rock prison. So caution when wandering around Cyrodiil because if you get stuck you may be in for a long wait.

Screens to follow including location for tech support

• SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    ul680vz36m8x.jpg
    1c.jpg 704.2K
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    vnv6su8ar0b8.jpg
    2c.jpg 814.7K
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    198s01kch8ch.jpg
    4c.jpg 402.1K
  • Bloodmonarch
    Bloodmonarch
    ✭✭
    My Alt is standing by for such events
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suggest posting this to Customer Service section also as it is more likely to get seen by other players and ZOS staff too. Try posting to one of their walls as they seem to respond and try to escalate for this.

Is it possible to group to someone outside Cyrodiil and go to that player? Not tried it myself.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    I figured it would get quickly buried there. I think they know what needs to be done. Someone ( a player) said they will turn /stuck back on at some point but I now realize that there will not be any solution to my immediate problem - I am not impressed with technical support or customer service for that matter. I do like the game however.

Even if I was grouped there is not way to pull me out of that rock, The only way another player could help me would be to be an enemy and kill me but I am not in a place where I would be easily found. Oh well 4 more hours - I hope the guest campaign method works this time.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I figured it would get quickly buried there. I think they know what needs to be done. Someone ( a player) said they will turn /stuck back on at some point but I now realize that there will not be any solution to my immediate problem - I am not impressed with technical support or customer service for that matter. I do like the game however.

Even if I was grouped there is not way to pull me out of that rock, The only way another player could help me would be to be an enemy and kill me but I am not in a place where I would be easily found. Oh well 4 more hours - I hope the guest campaign method works this time.
    Did you try posting direct to a ZOS CS wall like one of the more active ones? I saw someone with a similar problem and they escalated it to get them dealt with by GM in-game.

Hard to get a true feel for Tech Support etc. in launch days as no matter how many extra they take on , they will get swamped especially with a new MMO. This is especially so with Mac specific issues as it's only a small % of their customers. So while they may have decent PC knowledge it's less common they know the specific of OS X. Over time I expect they will update and improve their database so they can offer better informed and focussed help.

Before launch I found that they replied generally quickly and with relevant information and would follow it up if I replied with more queries. I can see though that they have some woeful Mac advice and that needs sorting ASAP.

Hoping the guest campaign thing works. If not Im getting to Level 10 (little time atm from forum) and can get to your campaign and gladly deliver a swift death ;)
    except I am on EU server...
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Ha! It's funny I was thinking of ways I could kill myself but alas nothing - I even tried /suicide and other slash commands that are definitely not in game.

I've just used the online support (worthless unless you want to do nothing but look at the "waiting for an agent" screen. They should at least allow you to play while you wait (or have a cue) and I used the mail support feature.

They have replied but generally didn't look at what I have written which grates me more than anything and just used boilerplate responses. They said they escalated it but that was yesterday and no word today except they will close it in x amount of hours.

I think since they need to fix "why" I was stuck nothing will be done about my character - I asked specifically in the last email if they could in fact move me and if not let me know and I'll go on about my business.

I miss the old days when there were actual Game Masters (GMs) that could fix issues like this while you played.
    Edited by SilentVigil on April 4, 2014 10:14PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing i can think of to try would be to group with another player that is in another zone and then select the option to teleport to them (right click on their name in the group roster, select travel to player). That might work.

If not, it's time to play with an alt for a while ...
    :(
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Yeah, my alt is almost level 10 now so I have been playing - the biggest thing is not being able to upgrade my horse and research
  • tw1jaysin
    tw1jaysin
    ✭✭✭
    Just cue for your guest campaign.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Look at the third picture bro. I was locked out for 24 hours. Wait are you tech support? :wink:
  • tw1jaysin
    tw1jaysin
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you were just locked from changing it not cueing and entering.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    So I chose another campaign to guest to and then when I tried to enter it nothing happened and I waited for like 5 minutes. It didn't look full so I didn't think I was in a cue and it sure didn't tell me I was - there was nothing. So I tried to enter it again and then it gave me the message you see in the 3rd picture. I can't change or enter. I have about 1 hour left till I can try again.

I'm on the Dawnbreaker campaign (NA) so if you want to come on over in about an hour and see my release or preferably kill me all are welcome.

Not that anyone will be there but I am the level 15 Breton named Alistair Blackmoor
    Edited by SilentVigil on April 4, 2014 10:34PM
  • tw1jaysin
    tw1jaysin
    ✭✭✭
    That sux bro, sorry. I had something similar happen to me (hole of doom) and I just right clicked on my guest campaign hit enter campaign, and boom in less then a couple minutes I was loading in there. That's why I suggested it. Good luck, and hope to see you on the battlefield soon.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    thanks man, good hunting!
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    I AM FREE!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I AM FREE!
    Well, how did you do it? The suspense is killing us!
    :D

• SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    My 24 hour lock for guest campaign was finally up and I joined a guest campaign.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I AM FREE!
    Dam! Was just closing in on Level 10 and looking forward to some easy meat :)

Glad you are out of there. Now maybe you wont go exploring wild places :)

• SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    I won't be jumping on rocks looking for shortcuts that is for sure
  • Poppyetta
    Poppyetta
    For what it's worth this exact same thing happened to me (except on a pc) and 7 of my guildmates tonight on a skyshard run....6 of them were able to suicide themselves out by jumping on their horses and trying to fly over the invisable wall which sent them flying waaaaaaaay up into the sky and then dying in midair. Two of us, myself included were not so lucky and had the same guest campaign lockout. Tickets submitted...not so very helpful customer response emails advising to try to use the ./stuck command ... really..in Cyrodil? >.< Followed up by emails that said "I have relocated your character to Glenumbra" while in fact...my poor breton templar is still stuck on a ledge in Cyrodil. :( My other adventuring companion was able to get his ticket escalated to a gm after a couple of hours of dealing his way through simliar not so helpful emails and was relocated by a gm. Hopefully I'll be able to move her in 24 hours *crossing fingers* but it sure did put a damper on my first proper Guild Event. I realize games will have bugs and I've been patience with my bank vaults disappearing and being unable to move my main.... but my experience with the customer service thus far...oi...not a fan :(

But yeah...I totally advise against shortcutting down the side of cliff on the rocks unless you wanna camp on the side of a mountain, playing your lute and singing kumbaya in the rain for awhile...
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    FYI. I finally did receive support for my character being stuck (yesterday) 15 days after I first contacted support and 14 days after I freed myself using the guest campaign method after the lock was up. Interestingly, they say they moved my character from Cyrodiil but I was not currently in Cyrodiil and have not been in Cyrodiil with that character since April 5th. I am tempted to log in just to see what they did with him.

I should have posted this earlier and it may be a server related issue but I had an another issue when I tried to guest campaign at a later time with no message stating I could enter the guest campaign or anything on the screen to show that I had taken action. When I attempted to guest again it was locked. So either server lag or some bug can cause this to happen.

Hail, defier of Molag Bal!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

I apologize that you encountered this issue, and for any frustration we have caused you. However, I am also happy to let you know that your character has been moved from Cyrodiil.

If you log onto your character and still find yourself stuck in Cyrodiil, or encounter any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

My sincerest apologies again, but we thank you for your continued interest and support!