Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP TANK BUILD by Escorpião Noturno and tips

Escorpiao_Noturno
Escorpiao_Noturno
✭✭✭
As some people ask here is my actual build.

https://youtu.be/1WkQcUg7T00

And some tips for new tanks players for PVP TANK

1-)Less damage you do, more tank you are.
So if you thinking about doing damage as tank, you will tank much less.

2-)I tried almost every tank set available, and I dont like health regen sets.
Sure you can take some damage, but you will not tank for much longer.

3-)You can be really good as a tank, but if you find some 2 or 3 VERY good players
you will die really fast.

4-)Some time you find some terrible players and you can tank 10+ enemies for 10 minutes.

5-)If you find a good DPS you will make him kill MUCH easier and faster.

6-)90% of people you think you are USELESS and will say hate tells to you, but normaly
its because they are mad that they cant kill you.

7-)DOTs are you worst enemie, so put a lot CP on Thick Skinned to avoid their damage

8-)Defile, Rune Cage and Fossalize will decrease you tank time a lot.

9-)When tanking a lot enemies you will need hold BLOCK all the time, if you drop block
being hited by 10+ enemies you are dead, so pay a lot atention on stuns.
That why a really like Reactive Armor set :
"While you are affected by a disabling effect, your damage taken is reduced by 35%"

10-)If you want to solo and just see how long you survive it's fine, but when playing in a group,
you should try tank and help you team doing A LOT stun(fossalize), hold enemies(choking talons),using
maybe a defile set(Durok's Bane), (Almalexia's Mercy) or (Brands of Imperium)

• Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NERF BLEEDs PLEASE ZOS

LOL.

“Why are bleeds even a thing?”- Blocknights around the world.

And before someone chimes in pointing out how this tank does no damage, it’s true. But there are definitely builds out there that can abuse these same mechanics showcased here while maintaining plenty lethal damage.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the axe important, or would a sword be as effective?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    Is the axe important, or would a sword be as effective?

any one handed weapon (Sword, knife, axe,) but the trait must be powered.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    NERF BLEEDs PLEASE ZOS

LOL.

“Why are bleeds even a thing?”- Blocknights around the world.

And before someone chimes in pointing out how this tank does no damage, it’s true. But there are definitely builds out there that can abuse these same mechanics showcased here while maintaining plenty lethal damage.

Don't worry, if ZOS ever nerfs absorb magic guys like him would melt faster than butter on the sidewalk in the summer.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Watched about 2 minutes.

What's the point in slotting HoTs and Purge if you aren't going to use them consistently? You are being bruised so fast that you have to stay on your main defensive bar.

From what I can see, your build begs for the potion cooldown and ultimate to be up just to survive.

I'm no expert but I've seen some block builds that don't seem to struggle as much as this - I think it needs some work.

Good luck.
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    Watched about 2 minutes.

What's the point in slotting HoTs and Purge if you aren't going to use them consistently? You are being bruised so fast that you have to stay on your main defensive bar.

From what I can see, your build begs for the potion cooldown and ultimate to be up just to survive.

I'm no expert but I've seen some block builds that don't seem to struggle as much as this - I think it needs some work.

Good luck.

After cast SB ultimate I switch and use Mutagen and Purge skils, only after a SB ultimate, otherwise
    I will get stun and dead.

So please show me on this Patch "Wolfhunter" a cool tank build that do not struggle as much and of course
    the build in action in pvp tanking a lot players.

I was talking to my tanks friends Serra Draconis and Rãch , and we agree that the "old good time " for tanks is gone.
    Bleeds, Dots, Defile, Sloads are too OP for tanks.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    thanks a lot for this really cool video and build, and agree on what you said. ALso made some research and spoke to real Cyro player (I am more BG myself) and yep, good old time the immortal tank is gone, this build is what we can do more or lest best to approach that.
    ALso there is some hybrid build that is powerful (and really underestimate, that"s a shame) but not as tanky as this one.

Again thanks for sharing!
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Watched about 2 minutes.

Good luck.

After cast SB ultimate I switch and use Mutagen and Purge skils, only after a SB ultimate, otherwise
    I will get stun and dead.

So please show me on this Patch "Wolfhunter" a cool tank build that do not struggle as much and of course
    the build in action in pvp tanking a lot players.

I was talking to my tanks friends Serra Draconis and Rãch , and we agree that the "old good time " for tanks is gone.

Look into Werewolf. There's a video of a guy running around tanking everything for a lengthy time. People can't take him down with whatever he is running. I think his name is @RouDeR.
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    Ehhh...see I could get on board with this if it were actually contributing to the fight(s) or campaign somehow, or was anything other than just standing there taking damage and not actually doing anything. I mean, don't get me wrong it is really cool being able to survive a lot of stuff...especially how PvP is today. Outside of being a distraction to less organized groups (GoD, DK, Dom Dom, etc.) the whole PvP tank seems a bit wasteful IMO. 99% of the people who do it seem take a very long time to rank up as well. I guess stuff like this does help new players especially, which is good. It's fairly easy to play any type of DK these days and holding block a lot isn't too stressful. Though as you pointed out, generally the more damage you do...the less damage you can tank...so finding a balance would be pretty difficult.
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moltyr wrote: »
    Ehhh...see I could get on board with this if it were actually contributing to the fight(s) or campaign somehow, or was anything other than just standing there taking damage and not actually doing anything.

Gosh, where to begin... I too made myself a dk tank and have been enjoying it for about a month now.
    I cannot stress enough how wrong you are. Tanks are the most useful role in cyrodiil. They are the ones who shape the field of battle, they decide how it goes on and where the forces move, as dd's would melt in 20 vs 20 situations if they try to direct the enemy somewhere.
    Being able to facetank the incomming force means the keep will not get UA, while your allies push them back.
    Being able to push out of sieged keeps and not melt in 5-10 seconds means you will defend that keep and get the def tick.
    Thing is - people are very greedy and want to be heroes who kill that unkillable guy. 95% of the time the whole zerg focuses you - that means your allies take NO DAMAGE meanwhile and can easily push with you.
    Usually healers see great tank's efforts and help them a lot.
    Tanks can get focused and be chased by 10 players for 10 minutes. That means the enemy has -10 soldiers for 10 minutes, while you faction has only -1 (you).
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ehhh...see I could get on board with this if it were actually contributing to the fight(s) or campaign somehow, or was anything other than just standing there taking damage and not actually doing anything. I mean, don't get me wrong it is really cool being able to survive a lot of stuff...especially how PvP is today. Outside of being a distraction to less organized groups (GoD, DK, Dom Dom, etc.) the whole PvP tank seems a bit wasteful IMO. 99% of the people who do it seem take a very long time to rank up as well. I guess stuff like this does help new players especially, which is good. It's fairly easy to play any type of DK these days and holding block a lot isn't too stressful. Though as you pointed out, generally the more damage you do...the less damage you can tank...so finding a balance would be pretty difficult.

If a tank or other build makes it through the breach and starts taloning enemies, interrupt/stun siegers, or otherwise stop or delay siege, then they are contributing a lot more than an offensive build that would melt and has to sit outside a heavily guarded breach. The thing is, most of these "tanky" guys never really do so because they aren't real tanks without crutching on SnB ult or absorb magic - two things that can't save you from siege. They are only tanks in the sense that they "might" be able to withstand a zerg, but like I said if absorb magic gets changed and no longer works under shield ult or wings we will see a large decrease in these types of builds.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah sure , tanks are useless , they dont have CC, snares and roots and they dont do dmg ^^.
    https://youtu.be/5E_imbzEr60
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »

Yeah sure , tanks are useless , they dont have CC, snares and roots and they dont do dmg ^^.

You weren't the one killing them left and right though. The closest thing you got to solo kill was when a DK was not breaking free from Eclipse while Volatile was eating him alive. So damage part is still untrue.

Tanks are useful when they can aggro the opposition away from the defensive positions. Or holding your own defensive position if the opponents are willing to just knock on you without CC accompanied by really strong damage.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »

You weren't the one killing them left and right though. The closest thing you got to solo kill was when a DK was not breaking free from Eclipse while Volatile was eating him alive. So damage part is still untrue.

Tanks are useful when they can aggro the opposition away from the defensive positions. Or holding your own defensive position if the opponents are willing to just knock on you without CC accompanied by really strong damage.

Tanks are not design for SOLO killing, i apply HUGE AoE pressure almost every deathmatch i have 2+ Million damage done.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vast majority of PVP “tanks” are useless. They are bad players who equate survival with skill...they would be incorrect on that front.

That said there are a few tank builds that do actually play a support role. On xbox I would put the ratio of 10 to 1.
  • PouletRico
    PouletRico
    ✭✭✭

This is true for all DKs tank, even in PvE. It's the only way to sustain efficiently while tanking with this class, because you need to block like 100% of the time, so you can't heavy attack (at least when you take huge damages, like in the video).
    @PouletRico - EU PC Megaserver
    PouletRico - TankDK - EP
    Experimental Kamikaze - StamDK - AD

I'm doing my best, but I'm not a native speaker
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭

They almost certainly made those changes largely because of people like you guys in BGs XD
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    The old and polemic discussion :

" Tanks are useful or useless ? "

Images can some times be better than words, so watch that video below

45% less heal for 10 seconds for which enemie that hits me.
    See how many body on the ground.

yea... everybody ignores tanks.. I see. lol
    Like I said before, even VERY HIGH pvp ranks try desperate to kill tanks.

Watch from 2:18

https://youtu.be/2T9pDaLrIw8
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RouDeR is like The Tank player tho. He's not well known which is a shame, but like, you can't compare normal players to his accomplishments

Also OP didn't die, really the only thing that matters lmfao
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 29, 2018 3:08AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds