Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The helmet goes invisible... Why not the shoulders?

Tonestar34
Some outfits just don't look right with shoulders... Wish we had the same option to make the shoulders invisible as well.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We asked for it many times
    Seems to be available on zo$ internal server but they never made it live :/
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Sometimes stuff looks so wonky with big ol shoulder bits would love the option to toggle them off
  • Tonestar34
    Seriously I would buy this as an option... Let's start a petition.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonestar34 wrote: »
    Seriously I would buy this as an option... Let's start a petition.

Good luck with that

They have a tendency to ignore players that goes beyond my understanding ^^
  • Tonestar34
    That's where you need weight of numbers.
  • nadrokal
    nadrokal
    ✭✭✭
    I'd pay for a hide shoulders option. And also for an option to hide hip flaps. some of them are just.... *shudder*
  • Ngh
    Ngh
    ✭✭
    nadrokal wrote: »
    I'd pay for a hide shoulders option. And also for an option to hide hip flaps. some of them are just.... *shudder*

While hide shoulders would be easy as it is one whole piece. A hide flaps would be hard as it would require another version of the chest piece without flaps.
  • ArthurMatheson
    It would also be cool to have a "hide tail" option in the occasion you may want to play a khajiit that got their tail cut off.. but yeah, first just the shoulders, other stuff for later.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many shoulder styles that are fairly unobrusive. I wouldn’t add this feature for shoulders, specifically. Just add hide to all pieces. Except maybe pants. ;)
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know, shoulder armor wouldn't look so hideous if it wouldn't float around. Older motifs are in dire need to be reworked, some of them look disastrous.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please, it would be very nice to be able to hide shoulders.

I've got a couple of characters who would also like to be able to hide their shoes. And one who would like to show off his chest without actually loosing that much armor rating.

It would also be nice to be able to hide hip flaps on robes/jerkins.

Really they ought to just add a hide option for each pieces of armor and be done with it.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    You know, shoulder armor wouldn't look so hideous if it wouldn't float around. Older motifs are in dire need to be reworked, some of them look disastrous.

I'm not sure there's a way they can really fix this. Different styles have different bulks on the chest pieces sometimes, and the shoulders are set in a way that they won't clip with the same style. In other words, it isn't standardized. This allows artists more freedom in design, but inevitably creates clipping (or floating) issues for some combinations.

Aside from legitimately wonky clipping/floating when combining styles, most other complaints boil down to aesthetic preference. I don't see the developers "fixing" that because it isn't really broken, you know? It's just that you or me or some other girl doesn't like how it looks.

P.S. if you want to "hide shoulders" use the medium assassin's league shoulders. They will clip under bulkier chests or be flush with the arms... which basically looks like no shoulders. Or you can use ones like the light assassin's league shoulders, which are not shoulder plates at all.
    Edited by Starlock on August 21, 2018 3:52PM
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    nadrokal wrote: »

+100 to this
  • Tonestar34
    I can't understand why they can't hide it... Should be simple enough... Basically if you unequip the shoulders you get a charachter that looks pretty cool. Surely the developers can just make a simple disappear option for the shoulders.
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    I would certainly vote for a hide shoulders option. And a hide hip protectors option. And a hide the waggly thing that hangs down at the front and back option.

I don’t see why the hide shoulders wouldn’t be any more difficult to code than the hide helmet option, but I can see that the other two items might be more tricky. On the other hand, since the hip protectors float clear of the rest of the armor, it looks as if they are coded as a separate piece, and might be easily switched off. The dangly bits might be trickier.

Possibly all this stuff could be built into new options for the clothing appearance station, or whatever it is called?
    Edited by bee_tiswasnot on August 28, 2018 4:06PM
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed! there are a lot of chest pieces that would look so much better without a shoulder piece. Also they need to do away with the hip plates on chest pieces as well. So much great looking chest pieces that get ruined but the hip plates.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see an explanation of why the tassets etc. are attached to the chest piece, and not the waist. If they were, and we had a "hide" option for each slot, most of the complaints would be answered.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple of shoulder styles I use that look more like arm bands. So, no matter what style the armor or outfit is, those are the shoulders I use.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all :)

We have seen requests from our players to have the option to hide specific equipment slot visuals, and it is something we'd like to offer in the future.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on August 28, 2018 2:55PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it would be nice. In another MMO I used to play, some equipment pieces were highly sought because they were known to be "invisible", i.e. allowing you to hide certain pieces of your equipment (chest, hands, etc...) when put into their respective visual slots (that was how that MMO handled costumes, you had one "gear" slot, and one "visual" slot on your equipment page).

Having similar "Hide your XYZ" collectible just like for the helmet would be great.
  • cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    Invisible armor slots! :grin:

Can't wait to finally show off the various tattoo styles I use on my chars.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    And a hide the waggly thing that hangs down at the front and back option.

I hate these. They might be realistic from a pratical point of view, but visually they often look bad on many costumes. I also spend a lot of time trying to track down pieces of gear without these for my assassin.

I doubt they could be hidden, as they are part of the legs. It would be up to the designers to stop using these on the majority of the pieces they design.
    Edited by RMerlin on August 28, 2018 2:53PM
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭

We have seen requests from our players to have the option to hide specific equipment slot visuals, and it is something we'd like to offer in the future.

Yaaay! I have one character that would look just like me, if It was even more gorgeous and I was wearing lurid green trousers, but the dangly thing makes my kids laugh. Can’t wait to wipe the smiles off their little faces (-: incidentally, Jess, can we have a vacuum cleaner option, instead of the inferno staff, and then the character would be exactly like me, right down to the green eyes and copper hair.

Edited by bee_tiswasnot on August 28, 2018 4:08PM
  • nordic_two

I'd love the option to hide the Tassets as well. There are many chest appearances that are someone ruined by those huge hip panels.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honest question: will costumes do all this hiding? I’ve not really messed with it much. I made a costume out of the starting light armor styles at the beginning of my play through. The first few starting motifs were used. And never changed it. I’ve never actually seen my real armor ever and the shoulder pieces I use are small and look like a normal shirt for my female toon. She has a Lara Croft look about her.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should be a thing with all of the outfit pieces tbh.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    And a hide the waggly thing that hangs down at the front and back option.

I hate these. They might be realistic from a pratical point of view, but visually they often look bad on many costumes. I also spend a lot of time trying to track down pieces of gear without these for my assassin.

I doubt they could be hidden, as they are part of the legs. It would be up to the designers to stop using these on the majority of the pieces they design.

Nah, I disagree completely. They need to be visible, it's part of the armor. They don't look bad at all.
    Edited by dimensional on August 28, 2018 7:03PM
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably the same reason why tabards cant be invisible without costumes. Or they just cannot make it work.
    Edited by JesQu on August 28, 2018 7:07PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Coming soon: that guy in your PUG with the Crown of Misrule and jester personality - NOW without pants!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Coming soon: that guy in your PUG with the Crown of Misrule and jester personality - NOW without pants!

Agree. My goodies prefer the fresh air.