The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to get rid of the glowing effect on weapons from MoL?

Olupajmibanan
Olupajmibanan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello,

As of Summerset, the old feature is back and when you change apearance on a weapon from Maw of Lorkhaj (Moondancer, Alkosh, Twilight Remedy or Lunar Bastion) the visual glowing effect unique to these sets will stay even after change.
However, this effect does not fit my outfit. Is there any way to turn this glowing effect off?

Thanks for answers.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toggle would be nice.. but I don't want my glow nerfed.
    unknown.png?width=1214&height=683
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Toggle would be nice.. but I don't want my glow nerfed.
    unknown.png?width=1214&height=683

I want my glow gone. Have you ever seen a gladiator with magical glowing Gladius and shield?
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the outfit system
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Use the outfit system

Does not work, when you change appearances in outfit menu at the outfit station, the glow will dissappear. But as soon as you save the changes and leave outfit station, the glow is back.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Use the outfit system

There was a change to the outfit system with Summerset. It no longer suppresses enchantment and other visual effects on the weapons.

It'd be nice if we had the option to turn those off and on, but at present, the Outfit system will reinstate them.

Also, it's currently displaying weapon enchants on sheathed weapons.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only noticed this when i changed to a newer weapon -psijic staff- when i had my old weapons on - AD style staff i did not get this glow on my back, it was the same as it was be for summerset so for the ppl that really hate the glow maybe trying your Faction weapon in the outfit station and see if that works

BTW there willpower weapons that i use just in case that matters

Edited by Valkysas154 on May 27, 2018 3:00PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only noticed this when i changed to a newer weapon -psijic staff- when i had my old weapons on - AD style staff i did not get this glow on my back, it was the same as it was be for summerset so for the ppl that really hate the glow maybe trying your Faction weapon in the outfit station and see if that works

Nord keeps the glow. Hollowjack and Order of the Hour keep the glow as well. :-(
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nord keeps the glow. Hollowjack and Order of the Hour keep the glow as well. :-(

Aldmeri Dominion Style
    Ebonheart Pact Style
    Daggerfall Covenant Style

Are the 3 faction styles
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.webpWe just finally got this fix, which many of us have been waiting for for quite some time, don't ruin it for us!
    Edited by Tyrobag on May 27, 2018 3:40PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    giphy.webpWe just finally got this fix, which many of us have been waiting for for quite some time, don't ruin it for us!

It's not a fix. it's an annoying wannabe feature that should be a toggle.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a fix. If you don't like the glow, use the MoL bits as body bits and not weapons.
    Edited by VilniusNastavnik on May 27, 2018 9:04PM
    Active Toons:

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its a fix. If you don't like the glow, use the MoL bits as body bits and not weapons.

Okay, so you advise me to go 5 heavy 2 medium tank in case I go with Alkosh jewelry. Good advice, really. Or should I take your advice even more seriously and go with 5 body pieces Alkosh?

Fix or bug, this has to be a toggle. You never satisfy everyone if you force players to something. Give them an option, happines everywhere.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on May 27, 2018 9:17PM
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always use weapons from another set, and just use the armor and jewelry from the MoLset. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, so you advise me to go 5 heavy 2 medium tank in case I go with Alkosh jewelry. Good advice, really. Or should I take your advice even more seriously and go with 5 body pieces Alkosh?

Fix or bug, this has to be a toggle. You never satisfy everyone if you force players to something. Give them an option, happines everywhere.

You would only lose 2% from the 5/1/1 passive.

You can also use Torug's pact. No one is forcing you to run Alkosh. Depending on how many synergies your party is feeding you, Torug's pact will generally out perform Alkosh.
    Active Toons:

• BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be fixed, right meow pls
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    You could always use weapons from another set, and just use the armor and jewelry from the MoLset. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not if your other set is Ebon. The 5pc bonus drops off allies every time you bar-swap.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last I heard, the infused weapons of those sets do not glow. So get an infused weapon, transmute it to the desired trait, and then you can disguise it without the glow being an issue.