The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Make players want to pvp in Imperial City

• JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Well despite all our suggestions the population in IC is about to triple with the event. We will get a couple weeks of bliss before it becomes what it was before. What would happen to IC if they left the rewards on after the normal event and made that the norm? Yeah problem solved .... next years IC event double double TV :)
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree with 80% idea because all it ever did was enabling gankblades to reap the most reward. That is no risk but reap high rewards gameplay. And it is not an engaging gameplay to say the least. And what good is it if majority will be just sitting in stealth waiting? That is like still 0 action with triple the gankers. 50% is good. Less incentive for ganking more incentive to actual action.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disagree with 80% idea because all it ever did was enabling gankblades to reap the most reward. That is no risk but reap high rewards gameplay. And it is not an engaging gameplay to say the least. And what good is it if majority will be just sitting in stealth waiting? That is like still 0 action with triple the gankers. 50% is good. Less incentive for ganking more incentive to actual action.

Not just gankblades either, I'd gank on my templar fron max range and one shot people in imp physique.
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭

Ok so you don’t want to make IC about Telvar because it promotes a gank mentality. I can get behind that but that kinda devalues the idea of putting better items in the Telvar store. So what’s my motivation? If we add a separate leader board for IC what would it measure? Telvar Banked? AP earned? Objectives turned? Kills in the City/sewers? Or a combination?

There are no easy answers that do not require a lot of work on ZOS part. It is an old DLC at this point. The easiest solutions are itemization and drop rates. The better long term ones are Rankings and separating or combining it more with Cyrodiil. What are your ideas?
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    Mobs should be neutral/yellow.

They should do rotating events with their own scoring down there. Capture the flag through the sewers, Domination/King of the Hill/Deathmatch in the districts. All of this with a separation from Campaign Cyro, give them their own seasons. Let it be like a non/instanced AvAvA battleground in there. All with specific IC rewards.

Just rethinking this whole thing, this would absolutely bring me into IC. Imagine CTF in the sewers, seems like it was made for it. Also, they should shrink the max group size for IC to 4 or 8.

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • AdzyTaylor
    Id actually like to see a few new (descent sets)
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the main things they changed about IC was the mob difficulty.

When IC came out there were many groups and even whole guilds running around down in the sewers for protection. Not only from the other faction players, but from the density and difficulty of the mobs. It actually had a "fear factor" when you gathered a decent amount of telvar if you were solo, and decently far enough away from the base where you'd be thinking...is there a ganker or some stealth group waiting for me around the next corner?

The mob difficulty also made it harder on those up in the districts. The NPC's were a 3rd or 4th faction to be mindful of. Bringing back that mindset will make players want to bring friends with, hence making the area more populated. That, along with a really great reward that won't lose it's luster after a month is what IC needs. Other suggestions in this thread about rewards should be looked into.

It was billed as a PvP area with NPC dangers. Outside of the boss type mobs, there really is no danger from the NPC portion of this entire zone. It needs to come back imo.

Edit: as a side note, let us be able to use summoned merchants for the love of baby jebus! Having to go back and forth with a bag full of useless vendor trash gear because we want to loot mobs for key fragments is really stupid!! Also a waste to just destroy it all to make room =/
    Edited by Dreyloch on August 22, 2018 3:45PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

When IC came out there were many groups and even whole guilds running around down in the sewers for protection. Not only from the other faction players, but from the density and difficulty of the mobs. It actually had a "fear factor" when you gathered a decent amount of telvar if you were solo, and decently far enough away from the base where you'd be thinking...is there a ganker or some stealth group waiting for me around the next corner?

The mob difficulty also made it harder on those up in the districts. The NPC's were a 3rd or 4th faction to be mindful of. Bringing back that mindset will make players want to bring friends with, hence making the area more populated. That, along with a really great reward that won't lose it's luster after a month is what IC needs. Other suggestions in this thread about rewards should be looked into.

It was billed as a PvP area with NPC dangers. Outside of the boss type mobs, there really is no danger from the NPC portion of this entire zone. It needs to come back imo.

Edit: as a side note, let us be able to use summoned merchants for the love of baby jebus! Having to go back and forth with a bag full of useless vendor trash gear because we want to loot mobs for key fragments is really stupid!! Also a waste to just destroy it all to make room =/

I have to disagree a little with this, the mobs make it too one sided for Nightblades. Increasing the PvE mechanics in IC isn’t going to increase the PvP in IC. It actually needs to be the opposite. The PvE needs to be optional and the PvP needs better objectives and rewards.

IC is a grind spot and not a PvP area cause the rewards are more easily accessible from grinding rather than PvPing. That is the issue, IMO.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s been said 100 times, but not having to run through Cyrodiil to get to the sewers would be a good start. Making IC part of the base game would be nice as well.

Then you can talk about adding new items to the Telvar merchants to encourage more players. I think you have to be careful though, because when IC gets zergy it becomes less fun pretty quickly. At that point you need to start thinking of ways to keep players spread across the districts. Last thing anyone wants is zergs rolling clockwise flipping flags in a never ending circle.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope. The 50% drop was the best change they ever made to IC.

The solution for higher IC population is to bring some exclusive new gear sets to the Tel Var store!

This^^^

Tel Var is pretty worthless. Nobody talks about the cool stuff you can buy...because you can't.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make the Imperial City a totally different thing entirely.
    Make it its own Campaign, not a subsidiary of each other campaign - and separate it completely from overland Cyrodiil.
    That way the small groups of individuals who enjoy IC will actually run into each other pretty often.
    And also offer more / new items purchasable with Tel Var - Cosmetics, Outfits, and Furnishing Recipes would be a good start.
    This would entice a whole new audience to the Imperial City.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I think better would be:

0% loss if you die to mobs
    50% loss if you die to bosses
    100% loss if you die to players

25% loss to mobs
    50% loss to players
    make weekends drop 2x Molab Bal skin and pet
    People will be more interested for sure.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to disagree a little with this, the mobs make it too one sided for Nightblades. Increasing the PvE mechanics in IC isn’t going to increase the PvP in IC. It actually needs to be the opposite. The PvE needs to be optional and the PvP needs better objectives and rewards.

IC is a grind spot and not a PvP area cause the rewards are more easily accessible from grinding rather than PvPing. That is the issue, IMO.

Solution,
    All IC mobs see invis. Problem solved. No more running from base to center invis, with no fear because of stealth. I'm sorry, but even having a NB myself, if your reffering to them being empowered by avoiding mob difficulty? You'll get no quarter from me. Stealth needs to be nerfed hardcore imo.

I think your wrong here. You want more people IC? The more people there are, the more likely PvP will happen. If you want no mobs and small group combat? Then that's what BG's are for. Go all NB stealthy to your hearts content!! lol

Making IC less "soloable" will make players group up to grind. The more players come, the more conflict can happen. There is logic to it, but I know logic is a dirty word within pvP conversations =)
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solution,
    All IC mobs see invis. Problem solved. No more running from base to center invis, with no fear because of stealth. I'm sorry, but even having a NB myself, if your reffering to them being empowered by avoiding mob difficulty? You'll get no quarter from me. Stealth needs to be nerfed hardcore imo.

I think your wrong here. You want more people IC? The more people there are, the more likely PvP will happen. If you want no mobs and small group combat? Then that's what BG's are for. Go all NB stealthy to your hearts content!! lol

Making IC less "soloable" will make players group up to grind. The more players come, the more conflict can happen. There is logic to it, but I know logic is a dirty word within pvP conversations =)

I think you’re outlook on PvP is simply a little different than mine. Luring large grinding groups into the same area isn’t what I’m after. I’d like to have semi-meaningful fights with people who know how to fight back.

In your scenario, I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t go down there to pug stomp on people who are clueless. But to me that’s a band aid which would result in exactly the kind of IC we have now, meaningless ganks and terrible PvP.

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I wish is that IC would 'build up' in favour of the faction owning it, they could rent houses there, have access to services and guild kiosks.

Mobs and flags would be tougher for the non owning alliances, the longer dominance is held.

Other alliances could buy 'work permits' there - to do daily quests/bounties etc - and the reward would be X tel var, AP or Gold, with half going to the players with the work permits and the other half on the top half of the area leaderboard for capturing, defending and retaining the regions.

Must hold 4+ regions to retain hold of IC; and the more regions held the longer, the more built up the area becomes.

Sewers would remain the same, free for all; as now.

I actually have a more detailed plan for this; but since ZOS probably won't care even about a super simplified version; I'm not really gonna waste my time writing out the more complex version!

IC Forever!
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JackAshes wrote: »

Ok so you don’t want to make IC about Telvar because it promotes a gank mentality. I can get behind that but that kinda devalues the idea of putting better items in the Telvar store. So what’s my motivation? If we add a separate leader board for IC what would it measure? Telvar Banked? AP earned? Objectives turned? Kills in the City/sewers? Or a combination?

There are no easy answers that do not require a lot of work on ZOS part. It is an old DLC at this point. The easiest solutions are itemization and drop rates. The better long term ones are Rankings and separating or combining it more with Cyrodiil. What are your ideas?

I did not say anything about making Telvar less important. I just don't agree with rewarding gankers with near 0 risks reaping higher rewards than anyone else which was what happened when IC dropped for the first time. 80% is just way too much reward for someone who has been sitting in stealth safely to reap while others are taking the risk of being seen and actively farm or fight other players. I want them to find a way to promote active fighting, not playing hide and gank. Because group vs group can be very interesting in IC due to its environment. 50% loss so far is decent enough I would say.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    They should properly link the two zones, give IC zones score values that contribute to the monthly campaign. Or separate them entirely. IC should not influence overland population if it has no link to the point system.

Either way the current system is not working.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imperial city is for TV farming/robbery. no one likes to be robbed thats why ic has a low population. stacking up in a big casual group will decrase an amout of stones during farm and wont save pvers/new players from being killed by few true pvpers. that adds more frustration and people dont want to come back
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    imperial city is for TV farming/robbery. no one likes to be robbed thats why ic has a low population.

This.

It also mixes communities who don’t really like each other too much, pvpers and pveers.

Most of the time when I go down there I want to get my TV off players, screw grinding mobs. The problem is a lot of people feel that way so often even when there are fights nobody gets TV.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there was a way to access Imperial City, without having to go through Cyrodiil, more people would use it.
  • Jinazai
    Jinazai
    ✭✭✭
    The entire concept of IC is just a mess. They didnt think this one though at all and just threw everything in there and hope something would stick. The best time to play IC is when nobody else is there.
    If i can endure the inane prattle in chat, I can survive your assuredly erudite eluciations. Proceed.