The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Make players want to pvp in Imperial City

Alfie2072
Alfie2072
✭✭✭
Please guys, i love that place and i looved pvping in the sewers and the districts, go back to the risk reward system we had, increase the telvar we can earn and make it so we lose 80% of telvar if we die to players,
PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pfft yes I haven't been in there for a year and it needs a new draw card it has to have more of a connection to the rest of cyrodil imo because it's great fun and I'd like to return
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interest will increase with the double telvar event soon. Will be a good time to lobby suggestions and showcase as a community of how good ICP PVP can be.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think better would be:

0% loss if you die to mobs
    50% loss if you die to bosses
    100% loss if you die to players
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with TV loss is that gankers themselves don't have to put anything at risk. They can cloak past all the mobs, do their instagib combo and cloak home.

How about you can only loot telvar from killing enemy players up to the amount you yourself are carrying?
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd think re-raising the tel-var loss would drive more people away, not bring them in. I think it should stay at 50%.

that being said I also think IC should be base game content now, I made a thread about this before. Plus should no longer be a requirement for IC.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    I'd think re-raising the tel-var loss would drive more people away, not bring them in. I think it should stay at 50%.

that being said I also think IC should be base game content now, I made a thread about this before. Plus should no longer be a requirement for IC.

i disagree, it gets people down there pvping, the reason they reduced the telvar loss was because of people farming telvar who didnt want to pvp
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I think better would be:

0% loss if you die to mobs
    50% loss if you die to bosses
    100% loss if you die to players

That would just bring back old trick that when You see enemy players around You run into some mobs pack and die plus if You want to travel into base for free You're doing the same.

Also I think tel vars changes are not the way that would bring people back to IC for longer. Tbf I even think tel vars disencourage fights in IC since yeah You can get 50-100k tel vars for whole day of fighting with other ppl or 250k tel vars for 1 hour of farm and avoiding fight.
    Edited by Juhasow on August 20, 2018 3:28PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telvar is not the answer and certainly increasing his much telvar we lose would not be a draw.

Cyrodiil has objectives, both near term and long term within the context of campaign lengths. ICP really has nothing.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    The problem with TV loss is that gankers themselves don't have to put anything at risk. They can cloak past all the mobs, do their instagib combo and cloak home.

How about you can only loot telvar from killing enemy players up to the amount you yourself are carrying?

Yeah I was also thinking about this idea long time ago but the problem is what will happen if multiple people with multiple amount of tel vars will kill 1 dude. How You'll split that ?
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Two things that have been suggested at nauseam:

1) Separate IC load in and scoring from top side Cyrodiil.
    2) Add something of Value that the majorly of people want to purchase with Telvar.

There was a influx of traffic down there when they brought in the storage crates. Now that people have them and the novelty has worn off not so much. This could be a desired PvP set per quarter, rare mats, even unique housing items of value ect.

None of this requires a major change just some tweaking.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer the 80% back for sure. It took alot of the spice away.

Also, gold willpower / agility / endurance would be cool. BOP to stop crazy farming, and for lpads of fragments or something. Bring life back into original concept.

Oh and make base game. Or crazy cheap in event. 500 crowns
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC's problem has always been its limited appeal as the general PVP population shrunk.

There's too much PVE for the main PVP crowd and its smaller scale compared to Cyrodiil in terna of group size and competitiveness. Then there's the risk of PVP keeping out those PVEers who might otherwise enjoy the more challenging miniboss mobs.

Then you add having to ride to the sewer gates through Cyrodiil, and we get to the point where outside of events, there's no reason for people who dont already like IC gameplay to go to IC.

I don't see a solution, other than for ZOS to fix the persistent performance issues with PVP in hopes that more PVP players come back and a rising tide lifts all boats.
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Throw on a ranking system exclusive to IC and people will come. I think ZOS may be scared just how many will show up. As the population has been thinned out already due to BGs for top ground Cyrodiil. But it would be a hell of a lot of fun.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's strange to me that so many want IC even more separate from Cyrodiil, but they want more traffic in IC. You'd get more traffic in IC if it was brought into Cyrodiil properly and became part of the Cyrodiil objective play. I guess that just wouldn't be the kind of traffic that fans of IC currently would like.
    Rebuild the bridges, let me ride through IC as part of overland Cyrodiil and the center of the map will get some action.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    It's strange to me that so many want IC even more separate from Cyrodiil, but they want more traffic in IC. You'd get more traffic in IC if it was brought into Cyrodiil properly and became part of the Cyrodiil objective play. I guess that just wouldn't be the kind of traffic that fans of IC currently would like.
    Rebuild the bridges, let me ride through IC as part of overland Cyrodiil and the center of the map will get some action.

Honestly either would be a step up, but I would prefer it be part of overland Cyro as well. (And therefore free with the base game.) So many good places to fight in the districts; so few people go there anymore to pvp.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should change IC to a separate campaign and combine them all.

Maybe i'd see some actual people.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just needs it's own update patch a whole update dedicated to rethinking what IC is and should be
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. The 50% drop was the best change they ever made to IC.

The solution for higher IC population is to bring some exclusive new gear sets to the Tel Var store!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thing is, pvp in Cyrodiil and in IC are of different kind: the former is large scale and siege based, the latter is small scale skirmish. It's not given that whoever likes one likes the other too.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During NA PC prime time yesterday I was playing in Shor IC and it was super active with lots of skilled small man groups. It was a lot of fun pvping there with my group of 2 to 3. We then switched over to Vivec and IC was dead. It seems like for some reason Shor IC is the place to be while Vivec IC is empty.
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭

The solution for higher IC population is to bring some exclusive new gear sets to the Tel Var store!

you sound like a pve'er, the high telvar loss was good because it gaves rewards and risks to pvp, big ones, the gear sets to increase people in IC is literally a horrible idea, and will not give consistent numbers
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alfie2072 wrote: »

you sound like a pve'er, the high telvar loss was good because it gaves rewards and risks to pvp, big ones, the gear sets to increase people in IC is literally a horrible idea, and will not give consistent numbers

I was a PvEer when IC launched, but I'm mostly PvP now. I've seen this issue from both sides.

The problem with the 90% loss rate to players was that the so-called "risk/reward" balance was not balanced at all. You had all these scumbag nightblades sneaking around looking for players to gank, but they themselves were carrying NO STONES. These gankers were risking NOTHING, so they had everything to gain from attempting a gank. Even if the gank failed, they just cloaked away to heal up and try again.

Also, you're totally wrong about the gear, players love to grind for new stuff. Do you even play this game?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you sound like a pve'er, the high telvar loss was good because it gaves rewards and risks to pvp, big ones

That's true, but the reward must be worth the risk and also must feel worth the hassle
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭

I was a PvEer when IC launched, but I'm mostly PvP now. I've seen this issue from both sides.

The problem with the 90% loss rate to players was that the so-called "risk/reward" balance was not balanced at all. You had all these scumbag nightblades sneaking around looking for players to gank, but they themselves were carrying NO STONES. These gankers were risking NOTHING, so they had everything to gain from attempting a gank. Even if the gank failed, they just cloaked away to heal up and try again.

Also, you're totally wrong about the gear, players love to grind for new stuff. Do you even play this game?

i absolutely play this game, clearly you didnt understand, sure people will go down there and farm, the gear, until everyone has it and everyone is selling it on the guild stores, then theres no more pvp in IC again, aka thats not a way to keep consistent pvp in IC
    also, an idea would be to make it so it stays 50% loss rate, and it goes up the more telvar you have, if you want people to have 90% loss you need to have 20k telvar on you yourself, or something like that
    just a simple new set wont keep consistent pvp
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    IC was introduced to us as something epic. People waited eagerly for them to release it. Its underwhelming for what was told we would get.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »

Thing is, pvp in Cyrodiil and in IC are of different kind: the former is large scale and siege based, the latter is small scale skirmish. It's not given that whoever likes one likes the other too.

That's true, but it's not attracting players and I don't think it's because it's hard to get there (being within Cyrodiil, but also completely disconnected from Cyrodiil).
    As much as I hate to give credit to Battlegrounds for anything because I think it's poorly implemented shell, BGs do what IC would do and they do it better because it's impossible to zerg BGs and still very possible to zerg IC.
    Maybe IC as a separate, small-world instance capped at around 30 players per faction would work, but it still doesn't make any sense to me that it's geographically within Cyrodiil, and is in fact the capitol city, but it has nothing to do with Cyrodiil.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You sound like a ganker. Talking risk reward all the while carrying zero stones and cloaking away after a failed gank. Even when successful you're just going to stay cloaked until you can deposit your stones and rinse repeat. Yeah, you're really risky.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

There is already mechanics that increase how much telvar one gets based on how much they are carrying. This is in a he base design plus a set that increases telvar even more, again based on his much one is risking.

The problem with IC is it’s boring. The only actual objective is the flags but that alone is lame. This leaves telvar as the only reason to go there ans that’s a weak design.

Scrap the PvP since it’s lame there.
    Remove Telvar
    Gear drops from bosses instead of bought with telvar

Or

Keep it like it is.

But without some good objectives it will remain as if is
    Edited by idk on August 21, 2018 3:58PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great environment in the districts...super fun place to fight...

I wish they would revert to allowing us to rez at any district platform, whether we have the flag or not...

I'd also like to see AP gains for killing enemy players tripled...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobs should be neutral/yellow.

They should do rotating events with their own scoring down there. Capture the flag through the sewers, Domination/King of the Hill/Deathmatch in the districts. All of this with a separation from Campaign Cyro, give them their own seasons. Let it be like a non/instanced AvAvA battleground in there. All with specific IC rewards.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)