The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What type of PVP content are you most interested in?

Lexxypwns
Lexxypwns
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
When you’re watching a PvP video which of these would interest you most.

What type of PVP content are you most interested in? 107 votes

Music + Gameplay
24%
arkansas_ESOHidesFromSunDemonDruagaLeifEricksonStrider__RoshinCatchMeTrollingMaster_KasAlexTheLionexeeter702CyrusAryaDKsUniteKdkaSshadowSscalethe_broo11Micah_BayerKingJNelothTheDoomsdayMonsterMinnesotaKidamir412 26 votes
Voice Comms + Gameplay
20%
Iruil_ESODatolitexeNNNNNMojomonkeymancode65536SneaKChunkyCatAedarylkylewwefanLieblingsjungeAdenomaSandman929SiliziumdioxidAki-RalPijngsharquezpzschrekp00txThe_TarantianRaammzzaa 22 votes
Commentary + Gameplay
55%
SolarikenJoy_DivisionMurderMostFoulAlendrinPhilhypeSpringt-Über-ZwergeAnkaridanhollywoodSheezabeaststarlizard70ub17_ESOLoralai_907technohicSkoomahsynnermanForztrkollege14a5SorisTBoisDerramolecule 59 votes
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the above?
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Music + Gameplay
    I don't care how good you are. If you play ghetto rap music I'm not watching it.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    There are way too many pvp videos that have either music from some anime or Nickelback. Some commentary on your playstyle and class is alot more interesting imo.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    I don't care how good you are. If you play ghetto rap music I'm not watching it.

And what about in game sound with commentary on gameplay or voice comms from group? How do you feel about those?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    I personally prefer videos that have commentary on thought process and decisionmaking - probably also analysing mistakes being made.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    Doesn't even have to be good commentary. Trash talking is good imo as long as it is funny.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    I'm a noob so I can learn a lot from some good commentary. Even if I wasn't a noob I'd probably still prefer it because you can a lot of times still learn something new from a different perspective.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Music + gameplay is nice sometimes, especially when it's clear some thought has been put into the music choices (Lyser's magwarden video set to "I Can't Go For That" right after the Fissure nerf, or some of the exquisitely-timed DBOS + beat drop combos in Rhage's videos, for example). Commentary can be nice, but often enough it just feels like superfluous narration to me ("and now I kite up the stairs because there are a lot of blues" blah blah blah). In-game comms can be very nice when they're relevant to what's going on, with callouts and useful info instead of just random chatter.

So in short, all three can be great or mute-worthy, depending on how much thought is put into them.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    Are you making a video.. @Lexxypwns
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Music that isn't terrible and fits ESO, not an edgy call of duty montage. Or commentary if its something unique like an off meta build/playstyle.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you making a video.. @Lexxypwns

I’m considering producing content on a somewhat regular basis and I have some ideas about what I’d like to do if there’s demand for what I’m interested in.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    A youtube page should countain mix of all
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    Decimus style
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voice Comms + Gameplay
    For group play videos, I definitely prefer comms as long as the group is focused and most of the chatter is relevant to the fight I'm watching.
    Music is a little hit or miss. There is some really well made content out there with music, but most of the time it just looks like a compilation video with "here's my favorite song at the moment" tacked on.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    I prefer commentary but only if the person has personality/good voice. Nothing worse than hearing commentary from someone that is rushing or sounds like he should lay off the grass a little lol.

I also liked DDukes recent build videos where is plays an entree BG and has photos overlaid while he is talking. Very informative and entertaining.

I love Jack Daniels PvP commentary that follows a build video.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    I like commentary+gameplay the most.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voice Comms + Gameplay
    Sorry but what's the difference between Voice comms and commentary ?

Both can be a analyse of the game of gameplay with decision taken, mistakes, ect ?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Sorry but what's the difference between Voice comms and commentary ?

Both can be a analyse of the game of gameplay with decision taken, mistakes, ect ?

Voice comms = the people in your group talking to one another. A real time recording of what the group members were saying to one another during the fights.

Commentary = a voice-over, usually recorded after the fact, describing the decisions and actions recorded in the video.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game play, build videos, not as interested in comms or commentary unless it's fun. Music always with gameplay, let the fighting talk. Don't discriminate on music, all genres.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch all videos with mute on
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Music + Gameplay

What exactly is “ghetto” rap music?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What exactly is “ghetto” rap music?

He must be talking about Lauryn Hill, she’s so ghetto, amirite?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 24, 2018 9:28PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Music + Gameplay
    All depends on the type of pvp video. If it’s a montage I’d rsther hear music, but if it’s for educational purposes then commentary matters more. Albeit, you still can have background music.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    any gaming related channel should have one of these three things for me to watch it :

1. good and interesting commentary
    2. great and not boring gameplay(I'm gonna watch fengrush do an ok job at playing a stamDk but I won't watch the best nightblade ever sitting in stealth and ganking people on their horses.)
    3. informative. Alcast might not be the greatest player or have the best commentary , but he sure has informative content, and he does a little bit of everything on my list. Good player, good commentary and great interaction with his viewers, very informative.
    4. Bonus points for not having a garbage taste in music.

I'm telling these three things about all games, not just eso. Commentary should always come first, if you don't have that, you should be as good as shroud is at pubg otherwise you won't get too far. And an informative channel that teaches you things and makes you think outside the box is always welcome too. I like theorycrafting a lot for example, I don't like it when people do builds and don't even use it themselves and when a build makes me say ''how did I not think of this myself'', I know thats worthy of my attention, obviously the next thing I want is to see that build in action.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 25, 2018 12:08AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if Morgan Freeman narrated it:

“I wish I could tell you that lexxy fought the good fight and the zerg let him be. I wish I could tell you that... but cyrodil is no fairy-tale world.”
    Edited by Thogard on August 24, 2018 10:38PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Music + Gameplay
    Definitely solid gameplay and solid music. Voice comms are nice if they are funny or intense, but I don't need to hear why you pressed your heal button at the time you did. Unless you are a new player, you probably know why someone is doing what they are doing. But good gameplay and music I think is entertaining all the time. I prefer watching NA PC videos, though. Not sure if others feel the same about their megaserver.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voice Comms + Gameplay
    Game play, build videos, not as interested in comms or commentary unless it's fun. Music always with gameplay, let the fighting talk. Don't discriminate on music, all genres.

Except Nickleback. If you play that, I'm blocking your channel for life. I don't care if you are a legend in the game or give the best build advice ever...I don't trust people who listen to Nickleback on purpose.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely solid gameplay and solid music. Voice comms are nice if they are funny or intense, but I don't need to hear why you pressed your heal button at the time you did. Unless you are a new player, you probably know why someone is doing what they are doing. But good gameplay and music I think is entertaining all the time. I prefer watching NA PC videos, though. Not sure if others feel the same about their megaserver.

That’s what I’m kinda on the fence about. I mean I’ll use your most recent video as an example. I consider myself a high level player and I know what’s going on and can more or less figure out the nuances of what’s going on. However, I have experience on every class and I can see how a mid, mid-high level player could struggle to understand what’s going on in your head during some of those fights.

I think there’s definitely a gap there concerning educational info and helping other people become higher level players.

@p00tx what if it’s a video about capturing Nickel back from the other alliance, no ironic nickelback there?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 24, 2018 11:00PM
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    Agree with the majority. Too many music videos these days. Some commentary would be far better to listen to.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

Except Nickleback. If you play that, I'm blocking your channel for life. I don't care if you are a legend in the game or give the best build advice ever...I don't trust people who listen to Nickleback on purpose.

Lol

Really tho, just do it all. Everything. I wanna see a commentary on a gameplay with comms while you were jumped making a build video while listening to lauren hill.