The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What type of PVP content are you most interested in?

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    p00tx wrote: »
    Game play, build videos, not as interested in comms or commentary unless it's fun. Music always with gameplay, let the fighting talk. Don't discriminate on music, all genres.

Except Nickleback. If you play that, I'm blocking your channel for life. I don't care if you are a legend in the game or give the best build advice ever...I don't trust people who listen to Nickleback on purpose.

Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
    And live in hilltop houses, drivin' fifteen cars
    The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
    We'll all stay skinny 'cause we just won't eat
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Game play, build videos, not as interested in comms or commentary unless it's fun. Music always with gameplay, let the fighting talk. Don't discriminate on music, all genres.

Except Nickleback. If you play that, I'm blocking your channel for life. I don't care if you are a legend in the game or give the best build advice ever...I don't trust people who listen to Nickleback on purpose.

Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
    And live in hilltop houses, drivin' fifteen cars
    The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
    We'll all stay skinny 'cause we just won't eat

This should be the Official ESO Theme Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1hgVcNzvzY
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    I don't care how good you are. If you play ghetto rap music I'm not watching it.

What about upperclass rap music?
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    Tbh, I also prefer voice comms as well. But there was no option. Commentary gives sometimes insightful info that I did not know about and it is always interesting to hear different people playing same class think and deal with the problems differently. Btw, no music. Ugh,constantly hearing '*** ___' and what not. Not artistic at all. But it is more like teenage temper tantrum.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on August 25, 2018 10:19AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Music + Gameplay
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I don't care how good you are. If you play ghetto rap music I'm not watching it.

And what about in game sound with commentary on gameplay or voice comms from group? How do you feel about those?

Those are great for judgement of character. If you trash talk everyone you kill I'm not going to respect you. Being mad at a particular play style is different (i.e. Shield Stacker, Rune Cage spammer, Snipe spammer, Cloak spammer, etc.). Those aren't personal attacks, and it's more about being frustrated by certain abilities/mechanics.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Music + Gameplay

What exactly is “ghetto” rap music?

Foul language, and lyrics that glorify sex, drugs, crime, or self.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on August 25, 2018 12:29PM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So every song that include one of those topics you label "ghetto rap" even though they do not rap or have anything associated with a ghetto?

(should I post here or pm)
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Music + Gameplay

Doesn’t sound bias at all , every genre (listen to everything besides heavy metal) has some form of that but people want to be over critical when it’s rap/hip-hop.

On another note there’s a certain type of person that tends to use the word “ghetto” when referring to things associated with poc and minority’s. But this isn’t the place to get into that and it would just be derailing the OP.

I’ll just end it by saying hip-hop has surpassed country as the most popular genre in the U.S and it’s also the most popular genre in the world right now, so plenty of people like the genre.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol i wanna create some "ghetto" rap for your videos @Lexxypwns.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested in good skillful pvp, which doesn't exist anymore.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    Most people who post videos somehow love terrible music :D So I usually opne/close such clips. I highly prefer commentaries or/and in game music over some unknown and bad rock or trans..
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    I like it when there is commentary explaining what they see and why they decide to do what they do in the moment.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    Are you making a video.. @Lexxypwns

I’m considering producing content on a somewhat regular basis and I have some ideas about what I’d like to do if there’s demand for what I’m interested in.

Sounds awesome, I'm subbing already mate!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sex and drugs is like all of rock and roll
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s all music.

Sky rockets in flight,
    Afternoon delight!
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voice Comms + Gameplay
    Voice comms are always fun.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay

It’s all music.

Sky rockets in flight,
    Afternoon delight!

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
    Looking forward to a little afternoon delight
    Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
    And the thought of lovin' you is getting so exciting

oh yeah baby - freaky deaky...

Edit: rngeezus - just how old are you to even know that song!!!

ancient :)
    Edited by geonsocal on August 26, 2018 6:31PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a place for all of it;

- Music if it is a highlight reel.

- Voicecomms / Natural (game audio) if you are showing “Full BG” gameplay or something like that.

- Commentary if you are doing an educational piece - or just a longer clip showcasing an entire fight (as opposed to highlights).

All 3 types have their place. In my opinion the whole poll is kind of skewed, since each of them represent totally different types of content. I enjoy all of them equally. I have seen Higglights both good and bad and i have also experienced both awesome commentary, as well as the most cringeworthy content of the same.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you’re watching a PvP video which of these would interest you most.

Unless the title of the video tells me there is commentary I won't know till I watch it.

Good pvp content involving music is best for "proof of concept" (to quote a friend of mine) type of videos, such as sypher's earliest tether/proxy bombs, where you develop swag or style and show your distinctive way of playing a character.

Sometimes there is a rhythm to good play and it's best to find music that highlights it.

On the other hand I love this game and that means the way the battles themselves sound. Music can interfere with that and if I don't like the music it can be plain annoying.

As far as build/theorycrafting or mechanics-based videos like jackdaniels' or benzyboi's, say, these almost require commentary (I've seen some that don't, and they're ok too, just not as compelling), plus a few example clips as proof of concept. If you show off specific mechanics (idk like dark deal, elusive mist, resto heavy channeling for resource management) or lethal burst combos, it would help to hear or read commentary about how to execute them.

ETA: I hope you make some videos, especially mageblade videos.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on August 26, 2018 8:11PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voice Comms + Gameplay

I'll take the ghettoest of rap over tweenie anime music and chipmunk dubstep remixes.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    I can watch bad music videos anytime. When I watch PvP videos, I'd at least like to learn something.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commentary + Gameplay
    Conversely, if you put some Lo-Fi or Vaporwave in your video, that's an automatic Like and Subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNOM9Pb9Me0
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voice Comms + Gameplay
    I prefer voice comms i.e fengrushes stuff mostly because its interesting listening to how people work together or just have a laugh etc.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voice Comms + Gameplay

That's...all music. Except maybe elevator music. If lyrics had been a thing back then for pianists, Mozart would have been the Tupac of his era. Beethoven would have been the Marylin Manson. Don't be such a Salieri.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's...all music. Except maybe elevator music. If lyrics had been a thing back then for pianists, Mozart would have been the Tupac of his era. Beethoven would have been the Marylin Manson. Don't be such a Salieri.

We been dancin' with
    Mr. Brownstone
    He's been knockin'
    He won't' leave me alone
    No, no, no
    He won't leave me alone