The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

dye issue with renegade dragon priest costume

Linaleah
Linaleah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
the costume itself is beautiful, it really is, its why I personaly grabbed it as soon as I saw it. and it doesn't dye badly either except... for this one thing.

this is not the color combination I normally use, but I have chosen it here, becasue its contrasting and shows exactly what I mean

39995763_1780244645422064_7076629249238499328_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=e00ab4d93778cd81e90e0476d0bf8d88&oe=5C36A23B

see how that blue is shifted? I'm reasonably sure that that blue is supposed to cover the armor piece on the hip and not be shifted so half the armor piece is the color of the chainmail. this is NOT a cheap costume, so it would be quite nice if you guys fixed this.

thank you.

P.S. it also seems and I just noticed this, that the whole dye stamp is shifted, so that the there is a very odd widening of color on the back flap of the skirt, while the front is condensed and color encroaches on the front flap where it shouldn't, judging by the actual costume design. its like instead of there being a single point that covers the flap, it mirrored itself on either side of it.

39914017_1780254098754452_5158317664514342912_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=fef28b6d51e799dc807c7413ec0da256&oe=5BF00D47
Edited by Linaleah on August 23, 2018 5:01PM
dirty worthless casual.
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that is bad.

I see why this got moved out of General so fast with that 2,000 Crown sticker on it. LOL
    Edited by BigBragg on August 23, 2018 5:46PM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't anyone actually TEST this stuff before releasing it? Prices are getting higher and the work sloppier.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Doesn't anyone actually TEST this stuff before releasing it? Prices are getting higher and the work sloppier.

They dont need to when people are buying regardless.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was raised on the official thread for the outfit yesterday. Gina replied with 'its been passed to the Devs'.

EDIT: Along with the helmet shrinking the size of your head.
    Edited by Sparr0w on August 24, 2018 7:58AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought this costume yesterday. Since I mostly dye my costumes hist green or legate black I did not notice what @Linaleah stated. Hope they fix that anyways.

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    QA testing is rarer than a unicorn in this game
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, this would have taken ONE person to say “let’s make sure this dyes right before we ask people to spend their money on it” to catch this mistake. I’m convinced QA is non-existent.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS staff can defend their QA guys all they want on Twitter, but they're just not up to the task.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a definite time frame for when this will get fixed, since the sale ends in a few days? I wanted to buy it but not if it's gonna take months (or never) for you guys to fix it. It just seems like actually fixing things is hit-and-miss with you guys, and I will not keep throwing money if it's gonna be this way. Just saying...
    Edited by N00BxV1 on August 25, 2018 9:16AM
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should ask for a refund. I don't think they ever fix it because they never did in the past. (Did you remember holiday balmora dye issue? No matter what color do you choose, it keeps dyeing grey-ish.)
    Edited by Delpi on August 25, 2018 10:04AM
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man i bought this too... So many bugs these days..
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a pass.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should this thread be moved to bug reports so that it doesn't get swept under the rug and forgot about?

2k crowns for a costume is not cheap so I expect it to get fixed or else I'm gonna have to request a refund...

Please disregard - it's already been refunded and the refund was received in less time than it took to make a cup of coffee. Customer Support: 10/10, would refund again...

FWIW I liked the costume and felt bad requesting a refund, but I'm just tired of feeling burned after buying these expensive store items that seem to never actually get fixed.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on August 30, 2018 2:49PM
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    Expect this to never get fixed..
    I mean.. we still have floating Xivkyn shoulders - regardless of how many times it got reported.

But i guess we could try..

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Aiko on August 28, 2018 8:56PM
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    Should this thread be moved to bug reports so that it doesn't get swept under the rug and forgot about?

2k crowns for a costume is not cheap so I expect it to get fixed or else I'm gonna have to request a refund...

Move it to bug reports so it doesn’t get ignored... good one :lol:
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Refund is sounding about right. It's an obvious issue that cant be blamed on modeling or in game limitations. Its a rush job on a money grab with a paint roller.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    N00BxV1 wrote: »

Move it to bug reports so it doesn’t get ignored... good one :lol:

Yeah I was kinda being sarcastic. I know the bug reports forum is a lost cause.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I just pulled out the costume and dyed it in a bright blue and antique silver, and ended up discovering something very startling. The underside/sole of the forefoot is without covering, though the top of the foot has covering completely, as does the back of the sole...very strange. Easy to see when wearing it on a fair-skinned breton and with bright colors like that blue.

@Alassirana
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they could fix this. It looks horrible. I ended up choosing colors all in the same family for this costume so it isn't as noticeable, but still.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumped because the costume is on sale. Is the bug still present?
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumped because the costume is on sale. Is the bug still present?

I had the same thought. Pretty upsetting that they might be knowingly selling a bugged costume for their big Fredas sale. Can anyone confirm if this issue is still present?
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The costume does appear to have had its boundaries redrawn. Definitely no more bleeding color off the tassets, and I'm not noticing any visual bugs on the reissue.

z0KyEiv.png

rRa5Qve.png

jvvt6j8.png

9nyU0W7.png
    signing off
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, that's good to know! Thanks for posting. I don't remember seeing that in any patch notes, they must have slipped a fix in. Makes me wonder what else might be stealth fixed...
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep they fixed it. The first thing I checked when I saw this costume on sale^^