The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Let's talk Stamin DK

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    StamDK DoT's need some work if we are to stand our ground. Maybe more (Or strengthen) options through morphs, more defile access to pair them with. I currently enjoy the 1v1 in PVP, but as soon as anyone else joins I'm done.

It's fun to see people damage dump and stun and then run when they realize you wont go down that easy. That's when the thrill of the hunt begins. Snipe to apply defile. Poison arrow to soften them up. The shield charge to close that gap and get up close and personal.

Now the real fun begins as you realize you wont be getting away that easy either. As your armor is pierced and the poison arrow dot starts to tick harder the panic clouds your mind as you ponder a fight or flight response as your resources begin to falter.

The prey fights back in a desperate response to survive, but my regen holds and block hinders your last efforts. Wings reflect your spells, defensive posture restores my health. That's when I claw you and you start to run away again as I snipe and laugh and watch you die from the second poison arrow shot which ticks harder the lower your health drops.

Now, lets look this form another scenario.

Two players tag team you. You stand your ground and pray for reinforcements. You shield up and careful retreat to group. Or you run and die a coward with bags of tea for teeth.

Honestly 3 dots (bloodcraze, noxious breath, and venomous claw) ticking into a leap reverse slice is devastating. Shoot even just noxious breath, venom claw, leap is nasty. But they need a better spammable tbh.

still too long for damage to be relevant. as a stamin DK I really never had issue to healing through dots of another stam dk...
    only dot really hard to deal with adding on other stuff is the master weapons bleed. but this is not exactly a stam dk skill.

I made a stam warden so I don't quit the game. I still love the game, and the content, and I think ESO is the best MMO out there (played about everything out there).

and honestly, I was shocked of how much I could pull out with warden using same gear with limited passives because I didn't have enough skill points off the bat. the warden is missing several medium armor passives, class passives, fighter's guild, and other passives and I feel tankier than DK in the same gear.... and I have access to insane burst set up that dk doesn't.

an when I fight a stam dk in bg it turns out to be "how cute little think, my leeching vines almost negate your cute dots"...

yeah... specially playing a different class I see how DK is obsolute as a class. the "tank signature class" is less tankier than a "healer" and have less access to burst. the class is so desperate that it has to go medium armor dual wield to try to pull some damage....
    and honestly, I saw , including myself, so many stam dks that end up putting crazy amount of damage in a BG match... but the scores are just "lul"... that you realize it is mostly fluffy healed through damage.

it made me remind me of a frost death knight in the beginning of legion wow update. the class had "strongg" dots, and would end up a pvp match with a ton of "dps" but wouldn't kill anyone because it was basically fluffy healed through damage...

and this is the spot where I feel like stam dk is right now.

yes, I will have some good games, and kill a lot of people, but i think once your mmr is up, and you are fight players just as good or better than you, you get very easily outclassed....

my opinion on stam dk situation remains.

Not saying stamina warden isn't in a slightly better spot, but stam dk is still beast. Troll king with seventh legion on an argonian stam dk is a TON of healing and really easy to survive on tbh.