The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug Hircine's Gift NPC keeps offering quest once completed.

Ethyarion
Ethyarion
✭✭✭
PC EU Megaserver. Character: Tariel Lithaldoren Dominion Nightblade.

Had Were wolf skill line a long while ago but cured as skill line was lacklustre. Was rebitten today to check werewolf changes with Wolfhunter and played through Hircine's Gift (quest obtained from shrine). Quest provided Werewolf skill line as expected.

When returned to Rawl'Kha an NPC appeared near the wayshrine and re-offered the quest. I wasn't sure if completing the quest from here would work so did quest again. NPC still remains at wayshrine and offers Hircine's Gift quest again.
[AD] Tariel Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Stamina Nightblade
[AD] Ethyarion Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Templar Healtank
[AD] Keridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK Tank
[AD] Kerridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK
[AD] Drachenfels Wyndrunner 1000+ cp Stamina Warden
[AD] Drachenfels Shadowstrike 1000+ cp Stamina Sorceror
[DC] Ethyarion 1000+cp Magika Nightblade
[EP] Abbra Cadaver 1000+cp Magika Necromancer

PC EU Server
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's because the initial disease isnt removed when you complete the quest and get Lycanthropy, so the quest is still active. I've got a character that has the same issue and the bug has been reported repeatedly, but it inst a crown store issue so isnt on anyone's radar.

The crown store version skips the first disease and the quest...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned this the other day as well on the general forum. This has apparently been an issue for years with no fix. You would think they would want to fix this given that they are promoting becoming a werewolf right now but nope, if a player bites you and you become a werewolf you will get the quest to become a werewolf again and again until you get "cured" by a priest.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • xCryBxbyx
    xCryBxbyx
    Yep. Happens to me aswell. Im assuming you dont have to do it again tho right? I just ignored it
    Who-You-Fightin High Elf - Magden
    Steals-Many-Skooma Argonian - Magplar
    Eldeya High Elf - Magsorc
    Azishima Khajiit - Stamblade
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xCryBxbyx wrote: »
    Yep. Happens to me aswell. Im assuming you dont have to do it again tho right? I just ignored it

Yep, you just ignore it,
    but it is also probably why the devour skill point isnt getting returned if you got bitten before update 19...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »

Yep, you just ignore it,
    but it is also probably why the devour skill point isnt getting returned if you got bitten before update 19...

That has nothing to to with the devour skill point. None of my werewolves got it back and that was a mix of wolves bitten by other players (for which the disease is not removed) and those bitten by werewolf spawns (for them the disease is removed).

To the OP, you can ignore it or use it to level the WW skill line quickly without needing to feed. Someone also mentioned that you can cure the disease explicitly without curing lycanthropy. That would remove the quest giver. But I have never tried that.
  • Ethyarion
    Ethyarion
    ✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    Gythral wrote: »

Yep, you just ignore it,

That has nothing to to with the devour skill point. None of my werewolves got it back and that was a mix of wolves bitten by other players (for which the disease is not removed) and those bitten by werewolf spawns (for them the disease is removed).

To the OP, you can ignore it or use it to level the WW skill line quickly without needing to feed. Someone also mentioned that you can cure the disease explicitly without curing lycanthropy. That would remove the quest giver. But I have never tried that.

Many thanks for this suggestion. I was already max Werewolf skill line from before I was cured but curing the disease worked without removing the Werewolf skill line. Much appreciated. I don't see some deliquent lycanthrope hanging around places now encouraging me to do the same quest infinitely.

Thanks to all who replied too, I agree it's disappointing that there seems to be little interest from the developers to resolve these glitches.
    [AD] Tariel Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Stamina Nightblade
    [AD] Ethyarion Lithaldoren 1000+ cp Templar Healtank
    [AD] Keridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK Tank
    [AD] Kerridwen Drachenfels 1000+ cp Stamina DK
    [AD] Drachenfels Wyndrunner 1000+ cp Stamina Warden
    [AD] Drachenfels Shadowstrike 1000+ cp Stamina Sorceror
    [DC] Ethyarion 1000+cp Magika Nightblade
    [EP] Abbra Cadaver 1000+cp Magika Necromancer

PC EU Server
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd noticed this, too, but she had the blue quest marker so I figured they just decided to offer it as a special daily for werewolves. A bit weird, but not a bug, per se. But if you can lose Sanies Lupinus without losing Lycanthropy, I guess that explains it (though to me, that's the part that seems more like a bug).
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethyarion wrote: »
    PC EU Megaserver. Character: Tariel Lithaldoren Dominion Nightblade.

Had Were wolf skill line a long while ago but cured as skill line was lacklustre. Was rebitten today to check werewolf changes with Wolfhunter and played through Hircine's Gift (quest obtained from shrine). Quest provided Werewolf skill line as expected.

When returned to Rawl'Kha an NPC appeared near the wayshrine and re-offered the quest. I wasn't sure if completing the quest from here would work so did quest again. NPC still remains at wayshrine and offers Hircine's Gift quest again.

Better to be able to repeat such a quest than to not repeat it. Because any serious werewolf roleplayers would want to be able to pay their respects to the one who gifted them Lycanthropy in the first place.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.