The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tsaeski motif

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How can it be authentically Tsaesci? They're snake people. They don't have any legs or feet! As for the head gear, I wonder if the Heavy Helm is an imitation of horns and crests found on the head of an actual Tsaesci.

The story of Uriel V's invasion of Akavir describes the Tsaesci as being mounted men. I can't quite picture a snake riding a horse.

At the most, the Tsaesci are an offshoot of the Wandering Ehlnofey (like Nords, Redguards, etc) but are ruled (oppressed?) by a serpentine aristocracy.

I really don't understand why so many people on this forum want the Tsaesci to be bipedal humanoids, or even human. Where's the fun in that?

When it comes to lore I prefer the description in 2920:The Last Year of the First Era...
    "A one-on-one battle between two able warriors," said the Potentate, his scaly skin catching the sun as he rose. "Armed befitting their culture."
    "Sounds good," said the Emperor and clapped his hands. "Let the sport commence!"
    As soon as he saw the two warriors enter the arena to the roar of the crowd, Emperor Reman III remembered that he had agreed to this several months before and forgotten about it. One combatant was the Potentate's son, Savirien-Chorak, a glistening ivory-yellow eel, gripping his katana and wakizashi with his thin, deceptively weak looking arms. The other was the Emperor's son, Prince Juilek, in ebony armor with a savage Orcish helm, shield and longsword at his side.
    "This will be fascinating to watch," hissed the Potentate, a wide grin across his narrow face. "I don't know if I've even seen a Cyrodiil fight an Akavir like this. Usually it's army against army. At last we can settle which philosophy is better -- to create armor to combat swords as your people do, or to create swords to combat armor as mine do."
    No one in the crowd, aside from a few scattered Akaviri counselors and the Potentate himself wanted Savirien-Chorak to win, but there was a collective intake of breath at the sight of his graceful movements. His swords seemed to be a part of him, a tail coming from his arms to match the one behind him. It was a trick of counterbalance, allowing the young serpent man to roll up into a circle and spin into the center of the ring in offensive position. The Prince had to plod forward the less impressive traditional way.
    As they sprang at each other, the crowd bellowed with delight. The Akaviri was like a moon in orbit around the Prince, effortlessly springing over his shoulder to attempt a blow from behind, but the Prince whirled around quickly to block with his shield. His counter-strike met only air as his foe fell flat to the ground and slithered between his legs, tripping him. The Prince fell to the ground with a resounding crash.
    Metal and air melted together as Savirien-Chorak rained strike after strike upon the Prince, who blocked every one with his shield.
    "We don't have shields in our culture," murmured Versidue-Shaie to the Emperor. "It seems strange to my boy, I imagine. In our country, if you don't want to get hit, you move out of the way."
    When Savirien-Chorak was rearing back to begin another series of blinding attacks, the Prince kicked at his tail, sending him falling back momentarily. In an instant, he had rebounded, but the Prince was also back on his feet. The two circled one another, until the snake man spun forward, katana extended. The Prince saw his foe's plan, and blocked the katana with his longsword and the wakizashi with his shield. Its short punching blade impaled itself in the metal, and Savirien-Chorak was thrown off balance.
    The Prince's longblade slashed across the Akavir's chest and the sudden, intense pain caused him to drop both his weapons. In a moment, it was over. Savirien-Chorak was prostrate in the dust with the Prince's longsword at his throat.
    "The game's over!" shouted the Emperor, barely heard over the applause from the stadium.
    The Prince grinned and helped Savirien-Chorak up and over to a healer. The Emperor clapped his Potentate on the back, feeling relieved. He had not realized when the fight had begun how little chance he had given his son at victory.
    "He will make a fine warrior," said Versidue-Shaie. "And a great emperor."
    "Just remember," laughed the Emperor. "You Akaviri have a lot of showy moves, but if just one of our strikes comes through, it's all over for you."
    "Oh, I'll remember that," nodded the Potentate.

I'm sure that it is now within the technological capabilities of ESO to have Tsaesci that look and move like this description of Savirien-Chorak. I yearn to see this vision realised.

Dammit zos quit giving fluff and send us to akavir!!
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    I bought for the swords.

You realize you could have gotten those through the Soul Shriven Motif?

nope. soul-shriven swords look different than tsaesci swords.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are still giving this company money?

Bahahahahahahahaha. Suckers.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    i gotta go P
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody likes Schlongflaps
    Edited by Blobsky on July 1, 2018 2:29PM
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've read the story hence - my belief that the Tsaesci are a humanoid people, ruled/dominated by a serpentine aristocracy.

This is a strong possibility, rather like how Valenwood has both the Bosmer and the Imga, Black Marsh used to have the Kothringi and the Limothiit in addition to the Saxhleel, and Skyrim used to have snow elves to go with the Nords. It's also been suggested that the Tsaesci can shapeshift. Another possibility is that the scales and tail are a result of whatever strain of vampirism is dominate in that part of Akavir.

I always imagined it being a humanoid race that worshipped snakes so much that they tattooed themselves and altered themselves to appear serpent-like. Theres two real life examples of I can think of but cant recall names. But they tattooed themselves to appear more snake like and I can imagine such an appearance would attract all sorts of negativity and cultural bashing from any Nibenian or Colovian.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can it be authentically Tsaesci? They're snake people. They don't have any legs or feet! As for the head gear, I wonder if the Heavy Helm is an imitation of horns and crests found on the head of an actual Tsaesci.

The story of Uriel V's invasion of Akavir describes the Tsaesci as being mounted men. I can't quite picture a snake riding a horse.

At the most, the Tsaesci are an offshoot of the Wandering Ehlnofey (like Nords, Redguards, etc) but are ruled (oppressed?) by a serpentine aristocracy.

I really don't understand why so many people on this forum want the Tsaesci to be bipedal humanoids, or even human. Where's the fun in that?

When it comes to lore I prefer the description in 2920:The Last Year of the First Era...
    "A one-on-one battle between two able warriors," said the Potentate, his scaly skin catching the sun as he rose. "Armed befitting their culture."
    "Sounds good," said the Emperor and clapped his hands. "Let the sport commence!"
    As soon as he saw the two warriors enter the arena to the roar of the crowd, Emperor Reman III remembered that he had agreed to this several months before and forgotten about it. One combatant was the Potentate's son, Savirien-Chorak, a glistening ivory-yellow eel, gripping his katana and wakizashi with his thin, deceptively weak looking arms. The other was the Emperor's son, Prince Juilek, in ebony armor with a savage Orcish helm, shield and longsword at his side.
    "This will be fascinating to watch," hissed the Potentate, a wide grin across his narrow face. "I don't know if I've even seen a Cyrodiil fight an Akavir like this. Usually it's army against army. At last we can settle which philosophy is better -- to create armor to combat swords as your people do, or to create swords to combat armor as mine do."
    No one in the crowd, aside from a few scattered Akaviri counselors and the Potentate himself wanted Savirien-Chorak to win, but there was a collective intake of breath at the sight of his graceful movements. His swords seemed to be a part of him, a tail coming from his arms to match the one behind him. It was a trick of counterbalance, allowing the young serpent man to roll up into a circle and spin into the center of the ring in offensive position. The Prince had to plod forward the less impressive traditional way.
    As they sprang at each other, the crowd bellowed with delight. The Akaviri was like a moon in orbit around the Prince, effortlessly springing over his shoulder to attempt a blow from behind, but the Prince whirled around quickly to block with his shield. His counter-strike met only air as his foe fell flat to the ground and slithered between his legs, tripping him. The Prince fell to the ground with a resounding crash.
    Metal and air melted together as Savirien-Chorak rained strike after strike upon the Prince, who blocked every one with his shield.
    "We don't have shields in our culture," murmured Versidue-Shaie to the Emperor. "It seems strange to my boy, I imagine. In our country, if you don't want to get hit, you move out of the way."
    When Savirien-Chorak was rearing back to begin another series of blinding attacks, the Prince kicked at his tail, sending him falling back momentarily. In an instant, he had rebounded, but the Prince was also back on his feet. The two circled one another, until the snake man spun forward, katana extended. The Prince saw his foe's plan, and blocked the katana with his longsword and the wakizashi with his shield. Its short punching blade impaled itself in the metal, and Savirien-Chorak was thrown off balance.
    The Prince's longblade slashed across the Akavir's chest and the sudden, intense pain caused him to drop both his weapons. In a moment, it was over. Savirien-Chorak was prostrate in the dust with the Prince's longsword at his throat.
    "The game's over!" shouted the Emperor, barely heard over the applause from the stadium.
    The Prince grinned and helped Savirien-Chorak up and over to a healer. The Emperor clapped his Potentate on the back, feeling relieved. He had not realized when the fight had begun how little chance he had given his son at victory.
    "He will make a fine warrior," said Versidue-Shaie. "And a great emperor."
    "Just remember," laughed the Emperor. "You Akaviri have a lot of showy moves, but if just one of our strikes comes through, it's all over for you."
    "Oh, I'll remember that," nodded the Potentate.

I'm sure that it is now within the technological capabilities of ESO to have Tsaesci that look and move like this description of Savirien-Chorak. I yearn to see this vision realised.

Though I'd love if Tsaesci were snake people, the book you are referencing is basically historical fiction. The author could have described them as snake like for propaganda or etc
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Darios_Heliodromos
    Darios_Heliodromos
    ✭✭✭

Dammit zos quit giving fluff and send us to akavir!!

The Elder Scrolls VI
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    Though I'd love if Tsaesci were snake people, the book you are referencing is basically historical fiction. The author could have described them as snake like for propaganda or etc

Very well researched historical fiction.
    Carlovac Townway:
    There are very old warriors, survivors of Uriel V's ill-fated invasion, and they told me what they saw. I stand by my descriptions that the Akavir Potentates were serpentine, not only in temperament, but in physical appearance. Even if I did not have witnesses, there are too many descriptions of them as snakes to assume that all writers used the same metaphor.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »

Very well researched historical fiction.
    Carlovac Townway:
    There are very old warriors, survivors of Uriel V's ill-fated invasion, and they told me what they saw. I stand by my descriptions that the Akavir Potentates were serpentine, not only in temperament, but in physical appearance. Even if I did not have witnesses, there are too many descriptions of them as snakes to assume that all writers used the same metaphor.

Indeed, and as I said, I would love it if they were snake men. But recently I have taken to thinking of them as more advanced Lamias. Like what the Minotaurs were before they became what they are now
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This whole conversation makes me wonder if the snake symbolism of the Nedic peoples might not be imported Akaviri culture. The Atmorans were originally monotheistic if what we learn from Solstheim is true. That means they later picked up the animism (Moth, Wolf, Fox, Snake, etc) later on which then morphed into Anthropomorphic deities.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This whole conversation makes me wonder if the snake symbolism of the Nedic peoples might not be imported Akaviri culture. The Atmorans were originally monotheistic if what we learn from Solstheim is true. That means they later picked up the animism (Moth, Wolf, Fox, Snake, etc) later on which then morphed into Anthropomorphic deities.

Given that it's heavily suggested in Craglorn that the Nedes made the constellations, more likely it's the Celestial Serpent. Other way around may be possible; we don't really know enough about the Tsaesci to say if they had any dealings with the Celestials or not.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • orubor
    orubor
    ✭✭
    If you don't like the design, don't get it? It's as simple as that.
  • Araborn31
    Araborn31
    Soul Shriven
    ust very noticeable irresponsible work of the game designer, not to draw an important detail in the armor, even if the emphasis is on the fact that it is a snake then why there are shoes? because they do not need them. I demand that this detail be painted on the motif of the Tsetska
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »
    But.. do you know that Tsaeci don't have legs and are half snakes yes?

Not quite sure about that...the reports of the Tsaesci from the First and Third ages mention them as being humans. The notion of them being snakes appears to be more allegorical than anything. There is no direct evidence of them literally being snakes.

Yeah I'mma just remain in my little bubble about that. A Race in similar appearance to the Lamia is MUCH more interesting.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a pretty wicked motif style though even lacking the groinguard.
    Xbox One Na
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akavir after Black Marsh and Elsweyr.