The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can we please have a sale on renaming tokens?

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Some of the other tokens have been on sale before and I've been waiting for over a year hoping that renaming tokens would go on sale. Like many people I misnamed my first toon as I was unaware that we could use spaces, and I want to rename him, but I really do think that 2500 crowns is too steep to have to pay to correct a cosmetic mistake. I'd happily pay 1500 though.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got like 8 I'd want to rename...
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheThird wrote: »

Heh, I don't think I'll ever have THAT much gold! I would expect for something like 2500 crowns we are talking millions.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half a million gold for a name change is no less BS than 2500 Crowns, it's simply a different flavor.

The 2500 crown cost is, and always has been absurd for what amounts to an automated database entry change.

There is no justification to charging that much, aside from the fact that they simply can.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half a million gold for a name change is no less BS than 2500 Crowns, it's simply a different flavor.

The 2500 crown cost is, and always has been absurd for what amounts to an automated database entry change.

There is no justification to charging that much, aside from the fact that they simply can.

And considering that they do not make it clear in character creation that you can use compound names with spaces, I know a *LOT* of people with names that are more than one name squashed together or with a funky spelling and every time I ask it's "yeah this was my first toon, I would change it but tokens are stupid expensive". So I think they know there's a regular call for it. Another reason we really need a sale. Maybe a supersale one day a year and call it "Fix Your Name Day".
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you happen to buy Crowns when they went on sale. That's one way to get a lower price on anything in the Crown Store.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you happen to buy Crowns when they went on sale. That's one way to get a lower price on anything in the Crown Store.

Couldn't...they ended the sale two days before payday. Not that getting paid on the 15th is a common thing anywhere or anything. :/
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    Before you buy one, better make sure the name you want is actually available.

Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
  • ashkir
    ashkir
    I want a discount!
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you can gift those...or the race change tokens...
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aiko wrote: »
    Before you buy one, better make sure the name you want is actually available.

Well that's the thing, the name I orginally wanted wasn't, but I didn't know that I could've spelled it right and just added a surname or an epithet to make it unique! I'm pretty sure there's going to be something I can add that will be available. :D