The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Deathmatch taking way too long now

Orange_fire_dragon
Orange_fire_dragon
✭✭✭
Seeing that the sigil of power has been removed and the dominance of healers carrying matches not to mention the stupid idea of nerfing defile, the deathmatch type takes way too long now to wrap up. I consistently keep getting that match runs out of time and people leave because it is taking 10 minutes per match.
Probably needed that sigil of power to force push the match forward or optionally reduce healing in battlegrounds or increase points per kill. :/
A lot of people in my games also have mentioned ever since the update, battlegrounds is just terrible for deathmatch.
Edited by Orange_fire_dragon on August 14, 2018 8:18PM
  • gannicus1389
    gannicus1389
    ✭✭✭
    ppl *** all the time. come on. I would rather have a 15minutes game without a team getting every single sigil and smashing everyone .
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BG's have become a lot more playable actually. Stop complaining now that your crutches have been taken away.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing the sigil was a good call.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Perhaps but it definitely was adding to the fact that you get matches often where no-one reaches 500 score.
    As I said on the post, either reduce healing which is unlikely to happen so next logical solution is to increase points per kill.
    It ain't really fun anymore to be fair, I liked BGs for being rather quick matches especially if there was a pre-made(s) vs a solo que team that you're in.
    People really have started to even leave these long exhausting matches too.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »

Perhaps but it definitely was adding to the fact that you get matches often where no-one reaches 500 score.
    As I said on the post, either reduce healing which is unlikely to happen so next logical solution is to increase points per kill.
    It ain't really fun anymore to be fair, I liked BGs for being rather quick matches especially if there was a pre-made(s) vs a solo que team that you're in.

Matches last max. 15 min, that time is exhausting to you? Wow. I really love those full time (15min is not "long" in my opinion) matches without shortcuts. I have to wait 15+ min with my lowest MMR char to even get a match, 30min+ with my higher MMR chars - all that solo, in group its even worse. I highly appreciate at least getting the chance to fight for a few minutes to compensate me for that waiting time.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on August 15, 2018 4:51PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭

Matches last max. 15 min, that time is exhausting to you? Wow. I really love those full time (15min is not "long" in my opinion) matches without shortcuts. I have to wait 15+ min with my lowest MMR char to even get a match, 30min+ with my higher MMR chars - all that solo, in group its even worse. I highly appreciate at least getting the chance to fight for a few minutes to compensate me for that waiting time.

Yeah when match feels like it is taking forever it gets exhausting and old real fast. That is how it for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    BG's have become a lot more playable actually. Stop complaining now that your crutches have been taken away.

^
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanky healers have always been an issue. The defile nerf just makes it sting more.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with it you still have dragged out matches, this usually happens when there’s healers and tanky players. Or premades.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously this is a case of get better
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Even with it you still have dragged out matches, this usually happens when there’s healers and tanky players. Or premades.

Yeah it always was there but now it just is even more dragged out, personally I dislike it a lot. Matches that doesn't have healers in any team are still fun and playable and can expect to actually end with someone getting 500 score (deathmatch) but when there are healers on everyteam, it just goes on for so long.

Reading some comments people say they prefer this, I can understand if your que is long but personally I dislike super long matches that's it. Glad that you can play objective still and they are pretty much forced to end sooner XD
    Edited by Orange_fire_dragon on August 19, 2018 10:37AM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad you can no longer blame this on cp pvp.

This has to do a lot with the meta to build as tanky as possible so it will be extrem hard to kill you. Only get enough damage that you can hardly kill someone alone but still have a good chance to kill someone when you outnumber him and or play organized with focusing one player.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done a few DMs recently. And they've mostly ended with 510 points, although there were one game when both teams had tanks - but no damage threat. (Showed in the scoring.. 390 to 75 or so). If you run damage set-up, you can just kill off the squishier target. (Not all 8 are gonna be super-tanky) and unless they're 4-man premade, they will split up.

And if you run damage, you should easily pick off the potatoes wandering out on the side / alone. Away from their healers. Unless you're a potato yourself, of course. Then it'll be hard B)
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Tbaw
    Tbaw
    Soul Shriven
    Better fights take longer and require at least some skill/good setup to run instead of just waiting for the sigil to spawn and brainlessly burst everyone down without any possibility to counterplay the sigil.
    Just my honest opinion, I liked dm much more without sigil.
    PC EU
    Maining Templar since August 2014
    Never gonna racechange to argonian :P
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn’t a bad thing:
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• d10is13
    d10is13
    I don't understand people that *** about healers. It's so ridiculously easy to kill a healer, it's basically completely pointless to even be a healer in BGs unless the other team is ***. Lethal arrow is the most OP skill in the game and absolutely wrecks healers. One hit with the resource drain poison and a healer will have 0 resources. You can't beat steel tornado spam with anything other than lethal arrow spam.
  • JitchDaddy
    JitchDaddy
    ✭✭✭
    d10is13 wrote: »
    I don't understand people that *** about healers. It's so ridiculously easy to kill a healer, it's basically completely pointless to even be a healer in BGs unless the other team is ***. Lethal arrow is the most OP skill in the game and absolutely wrecks healers. One hit with the resource drain poison and a healer will have 0 resources. You can't beat steel tornado spam with anything other than lethal arrow spam.

This
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf CP!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s because we don’t stay potatoes forever. You really thaught you were something special. Maybe good. Out there murdering noobs. Now you have to fight players with skill and it’s no fun. Hmm.
    Have a nice day.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The difference in the amount of time games are taking is not significant.

Removing the sigil was a good move. Defile was overperforming (in need of a nerf), and now it is in check. People are still dying as fast as ever in no cp.

So, suffice to say, I do not agree with you. This patch is playing fine. People are running around faster than ever before, which may take some getting used to, but other than that it is playing just fine.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    ESO_GOD wrote: »

Removing the sigil was a good move. Defile was overperforming (in need of a nerf), and now it is in check. People are still dying as fast as ever in no cp.

So, suffice to say, I do not agree with you. This patch is playing fine. People are running around faster than ever before, which may take some getting used to, but other than that it is playing just fine.

No idea what kind of BG matches you get because pretty much only statement about players running fast was accurate. There's way too much healing going on, some people here even said they don't mind the longer matches (reason being the healers) defile certainly did not need a nerf that is an opinion I will not change.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭

No idea what kind of BG matches you get because pretty much only statement about players running fast was accurate. There's way too much healing going on, some people here even said they don't mind the longer matches (reason being the healers) defile certainly did not need a nerf that is an opinion I will not change.

That's fine, feel free to disagree with me.

I will concede heals are overperforming this patch, most definitely in CP, and non-cp isn't far behind.

I prefer that over defile overperforming, but to each their own.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously this is a case of get better

Nope you have it backwards; in pleb matches people drop easy. It's when good players clash that people take forever to die. Not that I mind, it's fun to play the long game.

I can understand where you're coming from tho, playing BG PvP on console is mostly like dynamite fishing in a barrel.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matches that are played where all three teams are with in ten to twenty points of each other are fantastic ...

Doesn't matter if the match takes 3 minutes or 20 minutes ... That back and fourth fighting is fun ... And fun is what we need more of in this game
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Matches that are played where all three teams are with in ten to twenty points of each other are fantastic ...

Doesn't matter if the match takes 3 minutes or 20 minutes ... That back and fourth fighting is fun ... And fun is what we need more of in this game

This. Couldn't put it any better.
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad the sigils are gone. The only thing frustrating about the lengthier matches is that there isn’t really a corresponding AP increase. Maybe the bonus amount earned from scoring could be increased?

For example I had a 14 minute match last night end 500-480-480. We didn’t win, so it counted as a tie for 3rd and I got something like 8.4k AP. Not great for almost 15 minutes of intense fighting.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »
    I’m glad the sigils are gone. The only thing frustrating about the lengthier matches is that there isn’t really a corresponding AP increase. Maybe the bonus amount earned from scoring could be increased?

For example I had a 14 minute match last night end 500-480-480. We didn’t win, so it counted as a tie for 3rd and I got something like 8.4k AP. Not great for almost 15 minutes of intense fighting.

I would agree with this, AP gain in BGs needs a further buff, even though it was already buffed. It is not enough.

One thing I have been mulling over is for AP to be granted based upon kills, the same way Cyrodiil distributes AP for kills. So that exact same AP system would be present in BG, in addition to the end of match rewards.

Then, BGs would be an AP goldmine.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree with this, AP gain in BGs needs a further buff, even though it was already buffed. It is not enough.

One thing I have been mulling over is for AP to be granted based upon kills, the same way Cyrodiil distributes AP for kills. So that exact same AP system would be present in BG, in addition to the end of match rewards.

That wouldn't work on BGs

The more times you kill the same player in cyrodil the less ap you get until your earning just 1ap per kill

• Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

That wouldn't work on BGs

The more times you kill the same player in cyrodil the less ap you get until your earning just 1ap per kill

Right, so I'd argue remove that aspect of it. Thoughts?

Or, if that is too much AP, maybe implement the same system as Cyrodiil, without the AP gain reduction, and with smaller amounts granted per kill. I really think this could work.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it very telling that both of the threads on this issue were created by nb sniper players.

Yes defile nerfs have buffed healing. Damage was way too high last patch. Now people are complaining that we have actual contests in engagements, and that it takes more than 2 buttons to kill a player.

I’m all about the long deathmatches AKA good fights.
    PCNA