Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign scoring vivec pc na

bigdavid11b16_ESO
bigdavid11b16_ESO
✭✭✭
PC NA Vivec. How does the rest of the ESO community feel, knowing full well they will never win another campaign against EP with the current scoring system. Prove me wrong.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If EP loses on Vivec I will be surprised.

As a DC player it's always hard to see how far ahead EP gets in points ahead of us and we often have to fight AD for 2nd place every campaign.

The new Cyrodiil changes are going to *** DC over. DC never has enough smart players to take back resources during a siege, and us smart players will have to do it when we need to focus on defending breaches because no one else is good at it.
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • raks200b16_ESO
    raks200b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    EP will always win. it has nothing to do with there skill. the ONLY reason ep will always win, is they have 5 times the number of players, and during off peak hours, when pretty much all of AD sleeps. EP is poplocked and they zerg the map. thats the only reason why they win.

when all 3 factions poplocked you can get some good fights. the other night AD won all battles and control of map, logged off at 4:30 am. come back on at 10 AM and ep had teh whole map plus 2 scrolls, we cannot compete with ep Aussie guilds who play primetime while pretty much everyone else sleeps.

and once the score gets outta whack, pretty much ad, dunno about dc just say screw it, and do something else. makeing it even less fun, and less good fights. but ep dont realize this. they would rather run up the score.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For whatever reason, EP has a much more consistent population. Those statistics that ZOS released awhile back reveal that EP is the most popular faction by only a couple % iiirc. I don't really understand it, but all 3 factions will be pop-locked, the map fairly balanced, and then AD/DC just log off.

Who typically wins Shor? I'm not there often but when I do go while waiting for vivec queue, it seems pretty yellow.
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭
    In the past I've always dismissed zone talk about team green, orange and purple as sour grapes - now I'm not so sure.

The 3-way faction system is intended to ensure that a faction stacking an attack against one faction leaves it vulnerable to the 3rd faction. This is not working. EP is able to faction stack against AD regularly and DC too often does not move against EP when it is vulnerable in its back keeps.

Watching the way that points flowed to EP, I'm guessing there are one or two purple guilds who are feeding points to EP. How else to explain DC doing well followed by pop drop and getting pushed to the gate by EP -- on more than one occasion when EP is slightly pressed for points?

All in all, no big deal, it's just a game -- just don't play PC NA Vivec for faction wins unless you are on EP...
    Edited by srnm on August 14, 2018 2:11AM
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    srnm wrote: »
    In the past I've always dismissed zone talk about team green, orange and purple as sour grapes - now I'm not so sure.

The 3-way faction system is intended to ensure that a faction stacking an attack against one faction leaves it vulnerable to the 3rd faction. This is not working. EP is able to faction stack against AD regularly and DC too often does not move against EP when it is vulnerable in its back keeps.

Watching the way that points flowed to EP, I'm guessing there are one or two purple guilds who are feeding points to EP. How else to explain DC doing well followed by pop drop and getting pushed to the gate by EP -- on more than one occasion when EP is slightly pressed for points?

All in all, no big deal, it's just a game -- just don't play PC NA Vivec for faction wins unless you are on EP...

what happens is this:

[*The DC guilds, there are 3, log off at 2am NA time at the latest. Usually earlier. (There are ZERO off peak guilds)

*DC off peak pugs try hard for an hour or so. They get wiped over and over. Finally at 3.30 am NA time, DC has about 20 non guild pug players left (30 on weekends. Maybe.) We all stood on the walls of Glade once and watched team orange faction stack the last keep and did a head count. . 80 plus team orange players including 2 guilds a side v 20 pugs. LOL

*At 3.30 am NA time, every night, the AD Oceanic guilds and Aussie guild TKG plus most of AD pugs take DC scrolls after taking the gate keeps. Meanwhile EP zergs take the rest of DC keeps. No doubt TKG see this as strategic and cleaning up the map for AD. It's just sad they will never take EP scrolls.That is for reasons to do with their leaving DC, I assume.

*The map is then yellow and red for an hour or two. Mostly red. EP MAY fight AD at this time.

*Then the Aussie and Japanese and Korean AD guilds log off AD at about 4.30 am NA time.

*EP stays on.

* EP rolls the map Pv dooring. They think this takes skill. Actually they just have numbers around the clock.

*By the time the DC guilds , there are 3, log back on the next day, usually mid morning US time, it takes all afternoon snd evening to fix the mess.

Soon there will be no off peak DC playing at all. It will end up like Vivec on Eu and there will be no PvP just PvDoor between 2am and 11 am US time. I hope EP on off peak enjoy their PvE because that's all there will be left to do for 10 hours a day for the next month.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we cannot compete with ep Aussie guilds who play primetime while pretty much everyone else sleeps.

Sorry, which faction has the most aussie guilds?

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *At 3.30 am NA time, every night, the AD Oceanic guilds and Aussie guild TKG plus most of AD pugs take DC scrolls after taking the gate keeps. Meanwhile EP zergs take the rest of DC keeps. No doubt TKG see this as strategic and cleaning up the map for AD. It's just sad they will never take EP scrolls.That is for reasons to do with their leaving DC, I assume.

As a member of TKG, you are way off on our intentions. We'd be very happy to focus EP. Especially when they have the lead and more numbers than DC. But every time we do, DC pushes down to Nickel, and soon takes Roe. Our pugs just cannot for some reason defend against this. So we have to come back and push up on your side.

What we don't see much of is DC pushing EP. Even EP will not push DC much. So if you want TKG to stay on the eastern side more, then why don't you encourage your zone to push eastern as well.

And as much as everyone thinks that AD is full of Oceanic guilds, TKG is actually the only sizeable guild that plays on a nightly basis. Queen's RAM plays on Wed, Sat, Sun. And it sure is a blessing to have them on when they are.

You DC do have 3 active Oceanic guilds. You have two Japanese guilds, Wormhole ( which is playing on blue side again now ) and Vivace. You also have Lost Samurai which is mostly Oceanic players. TKG does enjoy fighting them. We have a friendly rivalry with them.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

As a member of TKG, you are way off on our intentions. We'd be very happy to focus EP. Especially when they have the lead and more numbers than DC. But every time we do, DC pushes down to Nickel, and soon takes Roe. Our pugs just cannot for some reason defend against this. So we have to come back and push up on your side.

What we don't see much of is DC pushing EP. Even EP will not push DC much. So if you want TKG to stay on the eastern side more, then why don't you encourage your zone to push eastern as well.

And as much as everyone thinks that AD is full of Oceanic guilds, TKG is actually the only sizeable guild that plays on a nightly basis. Queen's RAM plays on Wed, Sat, Sun. And it sure is a blessing to have them on when they are.

You DC do have 3 active Oceanic guilds. You have two Japanese guilds, Wormhole ( which is playing on blue side again now ) and Vivace. You also have Lost Samurai which is mostly Oceanic players. TKG does enjoy fighting them. We have a friendly rivalry with them.

Which oceanic guilds does EP have btw :)?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP is generally a bar over the other factions during the NA workday, that’s a significant difference.

During prime time, EP is by far the most competent in both guilds and pug quality. I imagine AD and DC both get double teamed a lot because each gets sick of getting it’s ass handed to it by EP and eventually push each other. It doesn’t make sense from a strategic perspective, but it’s probably more fun for those involved.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Which oceanic guilds does EP have btw :)?

One big massive zerg of DKs mostly:). And they will usually only push south on AD. Don’t need a guild when you faction stack.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP often pushes the second place side over third, which last month was AD. We've grown comfortable on our campaign scoring throne. :#
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for replying.
    DC do try to push EP but we are heavily outnumbered in every fight. The few DC on mostly pug out to bleaks or nickel or get tower farmed by you guys, or Benoms group at glade and ignore the map.
    I agree about pushing south. I have had some heated discussions about this in our zone chat and with some zone generals. I do not like the tendency to say 'small pop. Leave EP alone or we will be double teamed.' The zone chat trolls don't help. I was told last night repeatedly to not push EP. Stuff that. The map today reflects BLP and Joe's groups from zone actually pushing red. Tomorrow we will take ADs scroll from EP if you guys haven't got it back.
    Re oceanic guilds. Lost Samurai do not play the map. They would rather fight you than EP. Neither Wormhole or Lost Samurai explain or recruit in zone (language issues) so the pugs have no clue what to do. This is what i mean by no guilds on. Sorry it was badly worded. BTW I haven't seen Vivace on at all lately. I assumed that they had gone to Shor. Wormhole had not been on for weeks. It was nice to see them back last week.

Here's to some good fights. SPECIALLY against EP.
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on August 18, 2018 9:29AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Devlzdaughter
    Devlzdaughter
    ✭✭✭
    So the question is, after yesterday's fiasco, did a guild that was on EP swap to DC for this new campaign? For two factions who claim to 'NOT ZERG" they both ran 30+ deep yesterday. And getting AD to faction stack against them was a pain in the tush. We had a measly eleven in our group and got swarmed everywhere we went.

I'm just curious if some large group switched factions over the weekend.
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for ...”
    ― Tucker Max

Domina'trix ~ Mag DK
    Dominatresse ~ NB

GM of Total Dominionation Vivec NA PC
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. 2 guilds swapped over.