The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Healing Medals in Team Deathmatch w/ U19

Fake Remedy
Fake Remedy
✭✭✭
Healing Medals in Team Deathmatch now contribute more scoring value towards the end of game scoreboard, as well as weekly Leaderboards.
Screenshot_20180814_230706.png
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
twitch. Fake_Remedy
discord. fake_remedy#3254
e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing. I really was looking forward to this change for my healer.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it sucks but to be fair that healing is kinda low
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems I can only ever get top place or 2nd if I hit 700k or more
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »

1.4m is low?
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭

1.4m is low?

Rip I was looking at the,damage lol
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭

1.4m is low?

What class are ya? Best I've done is 933k, to be fair tho I don't have any gold gear for him yet
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1.4m is low?

What class are ya? Best I've done is 933k, to be fair tho I don't have any gold gear for him yet

Best I got on my NB healer was 1.2m (no gold gear either). I'm guessing OP is a Templar.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's disappointing.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    you had one kill, NO assists and still had 2k+ points just from healing. imo thats fair, wouldve been almost 0 points a week ago so...
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JXNwarrior wrote: »
    you had one kill, NO assists and still had 2k+ points just from healing. imo thats fair, wouldve been almost 0 points a week ago so...

This. Too many healers turtle up and provide zero lethal and wonder why their scores post update are still low in DM games. The change really rewards healers that balance offense with healing support.

Frankly, zero assists is inexcusable for any team memeber in death match, especially seeing how hard red got thrashed that game. I find it hard to believe green alone was putting out so much offensive pressure that you had zero breathing room to assist with pressure of your own.

Just an observation

Edit: just as a side note. I some games against coordinated teams or strong players, healers do tend to have very little breathing room when they become target numero uno in every waking second of a match. In these scenarios where you are sweating your ass off staying alive, the low score can indeed suck.
    Edited by exeeter702 on August 15, 2018 9:47PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you got 2000 points for just healing that means a dps that can put up 200-300k healing plus get kills and assists will dominate the score. But I already said that before the update dropped.

With that being said even if they buff it some more you’ll still be at the bottom simply because you’re only healing.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe assists should be defined as more than doing x amount of damage towards a kill. To me that's one of the problems for support players.

I feel like I assist my teammates plenty. For example when they are about to die, they get that beefy heal, survive, and kill the enemy instead.

What's the most effective way to score in DM as a healer right now? Find a spot on your bar to slot Elemental Blockade. It just has to do some damage (your teammates don't even have to get the kills) and when enemies die you will rack up those assists.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I basically get the same amount of healing medals for off healing. On a stamsorc. Rip.
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭

Not zero but close. Here is a game pre Wolfhunter
    Screenshot_20180510_234713.png
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Edit: just as a side note. I some games against coordinated teams or strong players, healers do tend to have very little breathing room when they become target numero uno in every waking second of a match. In these scenarios where you are sweating your ass off staying alive, the low score can indeed suck.

Good side edit as this is pretty much what happened. Have full recording to confirm.
    If you got 2000 points for just healing that means a dps that can put up 200-300k healing plus get kills and assists will dominate the score. But I already said that before the update dropped.

With that being said even if they buff it some more you’ll still be at the bottom simply because you’re only healing.

Almost all of green had ~200k healing. Have end of matches screenshots to confirm.

Never been interested in battleground medals or even debating on here a particular pvp play style guys. ESO stated, Healing Medals in Team Deathmatch now contribute more scoring value towards the end of game scoreboard, as well as weekly Leaderboards. Which I am calling bs on.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe assists should be defined as more than doing x amount of damage towards a kill. To me that's one of the problems for support players.

I feel like I assist my teammates plenty. For example when they are about to die, they get that beefy heal, survive, and kill the enemy instead.

What's the most effective way to score in DM as a healer right now? Find a spot on your bar to slot Elemental Blockade. It just has to do some damage (your teammates don't even have to get the kills) and when enemies die you will rack up those assists.

Its not really that though... its about being a strong healer and helping your team seal the deal against targets that have a below average BOL zero damage heal bot that cant do the same. Its about being a strong healer and having the ability to take out a glass cannon 1v1 that is caught out of position.

If you are going in with zero damage or useless damage (meager dots etc) just to gain assists, than you are doing it wrong.
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭

Not zero but close. Here is a game pre Wolfhunter
    Screenshot_20180510_234713.png

Good side edit as this is pretty much what happened. Have full recording to confirm.

Almost all of green had ~200k healing. Have end of matches screenshots to confirm.

Never been interested in battleground medals or even debating on here a particular pvp play style guys. ESO stated, Healing Medals in Team Deathmatch now contribute more scoring value towards the end of game scoreboard, as well as weekly Leaderboards. Which I am calling bs on.

The closely identical game pre Wolfhunter that you posted was about half the points with 800k more healing so I would argue that Zos did indeed buff healing medal scores. Was it substantial? No, probably not as much as you'd like. IMO however, healing should absolutely give (significantly) less score than objective play because if if you incentivize healing too much then you have the same problem back from CP BG's. That being too much healing/mitigation and stalemate combat. If you could achieve a score similar to one of your teammates going 10-1-19 by just healing, then why would anyone want to try and get kills?
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you was only down by a few hundred compared to the green team just for healing (which really isn’t a good comparison because they did bad) that means healing has been increased a good amount. The top guy has 10 assists and a few kills. You have 1 kill with a bunch of healing and was only down about 600 points.

You also get points for damage and taking damage so its a bit more to it than killing and healing.
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Too many healers turtle up and provide zero lethal and wonder why their scores post update are still low in DM games. The change really rewards healers that balance offense with healing support.

Frankly, zero assists is inexcusable for any team memeber in death match, especially seeing how hard red got thrashed that game. I find it hard to believe green alone was putting out so much offensive pressure that you had zero breathing room to assist with pressure of your own.

Just an observation

On the other end of the spectrum, my wife does a perfect weave during her heals, is constantly putting out lights and heavies on top of all her healing and ccs, she gets 0 assists everytime even though her heals are literally carrying the *** outa us and shes light/heavy attacking nearly everyone shes usually 1-1-0 with over 200k dmg and 1mil heals
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DarkAedin wrote: »

Just an observation

On the other end of the spectrum, my wife does a perfect weave during her heals, is constantly putting out lights and heavies on top of all her healing and ccs, she gets 0 assists everytime even though her heals are literally carrying the *** outa us and shes light/heavy attacking nearly everyone shes usually 1-1-0 with over 200k dmg and 1mil heals

200k with zero assists? She is doing something very wrong then. Or that is useless damage accumulated over a full duration BG. Weak light weaves trickled in is not going to offer much.
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just an observation

200k with zero assists? She is doing something very wrong then. Or that is useless damage accumulated over a full duration BG. Weak light weaves trickled in is not going to offer much.

Or the game is broken
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just an observation

Doesn't sound like she's doing anything wrong. 200k is really good for "useless damage" as you call it when she kept her team alive with 1m+ heals.

Not sure what you have against dedicated healers but I personally welcome a good one when I see them. If you have three capable damage dealers, what's the problem with allowing one player to play the inverse role?

Assists need to count for more than assisting with damage.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just an observation

Doesn't sound like she's doing anything wrong. 200k is really good for "useless damage" as you call it when she kept her team alive with 1m+ heals.

Not sure what you have against dedicated healers but I personally welcome a good one when I see them. If you have three capable damage dealers, what's the problem with allowing one player to play the inverse role?

Even if you make healers get assists for healing someone that gets a kill the score will still swing in the favor of dps. Nothing changes by buffing healing medal scores , you’d have to nerf damage medals so the gap isn’t as far. So you’d end up getting 3k but the dps now ends up easily getting 7k because of kills, assists and off heals.

Im sure zos knows this and are reluctant to give certain buffs.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just an observation

Which is kinda how ESO was designed to handle the roles in the first place.

Healer/tank is really about specific role objectives, but you are still expected to deal damage that lead to assists/kills in some cases.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just an observation

It is absolutely useless damage when a DM bg goes its full length and that 200k damage was from entropy ticks and a few light attacks here and there. At 200k damage with zero assists, that tells me none of that 200k was used as well timed burst to seal any kills.

I have nothing agaisnt healers. As someone who has been a pvp healer for over a decade, i take issue with healers that behave as if they are doing well by simply healing instead of playing the role to its fullest. I take issue with heal bot players (which is significantly easy) that get upset when they are asked to actually perform.

Dedicated healer does not equal healer that only heals.
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Guess your right, they did increase Healing Medals in Team Deathmatch. But not substantially.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just an observation

It is absolutely useless damage when a DM bg goes its full length and that 200k damage was from entropy ticks and a few light attacks here and there. At 200k damage with zero assists, that tells me none of that 200k was used as well timed burst to seal any kills.

I have nothing agaisnt healers. As someone who has been a pvp healer for over a decade, i take issue with healers that behave as if they are doing well by simply healing instead of playing the role to its fullest. I take issue with heal bot players (which is significantly easy) that get upset when they are asked to actually perform.

Dedicated healer does not equal healer that only heals.

I don't know. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm perfectly fine with a healer not doing damage or getting kills as long as there is some indication of them playing their role effectively (teammates low deaths, various unique medals, high level of healing, etc.)

CC, buffs, debuffs, and healing are what are most important for me in someone who strictly wants to heal. I think we can all recognize when someone is putting in the effort and there are some really impressive things people do that fly under the radar.

When I play my healer I personally let the other three guys boost their ego with kills...and presumably get all the hate tells. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever got a hateful message on my healer from teammates or enemies alike.
    Edited by brandonv516 on August 20, 2018 9:11PM
  • chesspilgrim
    chesspilgrim
    ✭✭
    i will preface by saying that i’m still learning to play, i play pugs, and mostly in battlegrounds.

i have learned that sometimes it is very dificult to keep teammates alive. if one of my teammates is getting focused by multiple enemy players, then i may or may not be able to keep him/her alive. so, do i build for max heals? a glass cannon is one thing, but in pvp a glass healer is a waste of a slot on the team roster. if i build to be able to put out a good heals (with sustain for drawn out conflicts) and be able to survive most encounters, my team might still perform poorly. so what the hell? am i not doing enough already? i’m trying to heal, sustain, and survive...am i not doing my part?

i have learned that the answer to that last question, in battlegrounds, is no. i still was not doing all that could [should?] be done.

i cannot always heal my team enough to kill the other team. i can, however, learn when it is best to pressure opponents with my meager damage output. sometimes all i can do is just take down a sorc’s shields and keep him/her busy for a few seconds, maybe soak up a bit of damage, but one of my teammates can then finish that sorc much more quickly. when the optimum damage burst a player has is simply not enough to take down an enemy, the healer can sit there and watch the opponent not die, and drop another two hots to pre-heal for the next exchange, or the healer can jump in there and add 10 to 15 k more damage to help finish the opponent off. that is a real assist, and i have seen how it can make a real diference in small group pvp.

the difficulty, right now for me, is having the situational awareness to know when heavy heals will be needed vs when i should try to focus some damage on someone. it is a bad feeling to watch a teammate go down when i didn’t get heals out because i was trying to dps. but i have seen more team wins when i find that balance between heals and damage.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Fake Remedy

I actually think they got much better now that I've seen it for myself on console:

49e93c22-f8ff-4a0b-b81d-b5c0b87946d9.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=2MsmfoyeZDBSZ1kJ%2F9c8eM1j2Nb9NTU8vGlkwTGHaIw%3D

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im ok with healers getting medals and point for doing their work, but you should never get more points that someone that is getting a lot of kills. Being an offensive player should always being more rewarding than being a healbot, specially on BGs. We dont want to promote players queuing as healers just to stack point on the leaderboards
  • Jinchuu
    Jinchuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    im ok with healers getting medals and point for doing their work, but you should never get more points that someone that is getting a lot of kills. Being an offensive player should always being more rewarding than being a healbot, specially on BGs. We dont want to promote players queuing as healers just to stack point on the leaderboards

Play a healer for a while and you'll see how borked the scoring system is. You have to do so much more work than everyone else yet get the least rewards for it because people have this hilariously flawed mentality that getting a killshot is the pinnacle of skill (it's not; especially in this game with all the executes, buggy CC mechanics, unbalanced gear etc.).
    Unless you are willing to be a mindless sycophant and/or coddle others due to their insecurities prepare to be harrased by the Orwellian enforcers on these forums. You should also try to refrain from using any words more complex than those used by a small child due to the fact that said enforcers have made it clear that their vocabulary pool is aenemic.