Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Developers...why on Earth are you making it so that using Radiant Magelight breaks Stealth!??

TheDoomsdayMonster
TheDoomsdayMonster
✭✭✭✭✭
Devs...

Using Radiant Magelight while in Stealth was one of the few ways to reliably counter opponents who utilize Stealth...

Making us visible (those who are using Radiant Magelight and similar abilities) to those in Stealth completely shifts the advantage to those who are hiding as they now know exactly where we are (while we still don't know where they are; especially due to the poor detect Radius of the Detection abilities except a Detect Pot) and can react accordingly...

You have, in no uncertain terms, destroyed a large portion of the value of Radiant Magelight and similar abilities as a result...

Please revert this change as it was not needed...

Even with Radiant Magelight, you practically have to be standing right next to an opponent using Cloak to reveal them...

Now, not only do I have to be standing right next to the Cloaked opponent to reveal him, but he'll be able to see me coming the entire time, so what chance have you now actually given me to detect my opponent!??

I'll tell you; a number approaching zero if he has any awareness of whats going on around him...

Once again...

Please change this back; otherwise you have just made Nightblades far stronger than before...
Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on August 14, 2018 3:28AM
Unyeilding Bias
PSN TheLordofMurder
PS4 NA
Magicka Templar
DC
The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Please change this back; otherwise you have just made Nightblades far stronger than before..."

Its almost like they want this hmm?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And nightblades are like harr harr harr dieeee >:);)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

so is whoever came up with this malignant change.

cat_durr2.jpg
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

so is whoever came up with this malignant change.

cat_durr2.jpg

Haha, aye for sure.

Eeeet eees eeevilll :D
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am glad it finally does break stealth for you to cast it.
    constantly being caught in stealth because people sneaking around with mage light was extremely annoying.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    constantly being caught in stealth because people sneaking around with mage light was extremely annoying.

It may have been annoying, but it was one of the few viable ways of playing against a Nightblade...

Now Detect Pots are the only thing that truly work in open world play; everything else lacks the range to effective...

Especially since you can now see us coming a mile away...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to say why they changed it, maybe it's unintended or it's made in terms of consistency with general rule that only single target abilities that doesn't affect others don't brake the stealth. I have mixed feelings about that change.
    On one hand I'm glad that grouped gankers won't be able to hunt their victims as easy, on the other hand I think in usual gameplay this will have bad impact on PvP experience. Basing on frequency of these encounters I think it's a bad change and needs to be reverted. What needs adjustments is piercing mark, in its current state its way overperforming leaving no counterplay, especially for stamblades.
    Edited by Mayrael on August 14, 2018 6:42AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used it to find stealthed players, I've also had it used against me.

I agree it should not break stealth when cast.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class representatives: "Cloak is either too strong or too weak, needs more of a middle ground"
    ZOS: "Let's nerf soft counters while keeping the hard counter (Piercing Mark) untouched"

Detect pots needed something, but the changes to Magelight and Expert Hunter don't make sense at all, because those already had a visual tell.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Class representatives: "Cloak is either too strong or too weak, needs more of a middle ground"
    ZOS: "Let's nerf soft counters while keeping the hard counter (Piercing Mark) untouched"

Detect pots needed something, but the changes to Magelight and Expert Hunter don't make sense at all, because those already had a visual tell.
    Detect pots needed the visual tell.No reason for it to work without the Nb knowing he could be seen and being attack through his cloak.

What they did to magelight and expert hunter was just stupid.Increase the range of both abilities and revert this change.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was a pretty crappy skill already, now it's just like wearing a huge bullseye...

This is the opposite of balancing.
  • chesspilgrim
    chesspilgrim
    ✭✭
    one of the devs might be a fan of the movie the hunt for red october, or at least submarine warfare. it sounds like (pun intended) they are using sonar to model stealth and magelight. advantage always goes to the one hiding, because the seeker has to give away his location to actively search.

if that is the case, then it would require a team (at least two people) to hunt effectively...one or more to be visible with magelight, or a wide spreading dot, and another in stealth to hunt.

idk much about why the devs do anything, but it is interesting how they are choosing to use active vs passive detection.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can also give up a slot to run radiant magelight.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was needed to raise the floor. Some nightblades could still not successfully get away after a failed gank with a classic Incap -> Surprise Attack -> Surprise Attack -> oh crap they didn't die Cloak Cloak Cloak combo. Not knowing which direction to run away safely was an unfair disadvantage for an underperforming class.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cos they frightened of nightblade rage

They saw how many came out the woodwork to get cage nerfed and realized they a huge angry mob to fend off.

"Quick lads fire out some sorc nerfs quick to sate them, there's 100's of em, buff stealth too! Run!"
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    It was needed to raise the floor. Some nightblades could still not successfully get away after a failed gank with a classic Incap -> Surprise Attack -> Surprise Attack -> oh crap they didn't die Cloak Cloak Cloak combo. Not knowing which direction to run away safely was an unfair disadvantage for an underperforming class.

Legend!! Haha

I heard cloak has a 10k tooltip too haha
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ltJQs0j.jpg
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It may have been annoying, but it was one of the few viable ways of playing against a Nightblade...

Now Detect Pots are the only thing that truly work in open world play; everything else lacks the range to effective...

Yeah so guess what... I don't fight you and you survive? Cool. Honestly If you use magelight I'm going to see your little lantern even if I don't see you that's just a immersion buff as far as I can tell
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s literally so you can’t empower an Overload from stealth and pull off those sorc ganks without being pulled from stealth. Shoutout to @blobsky for getting that build out to the world.

OP, Probably you should learn how to play Magplar and perhaps how to build properly. Why don’t you just slot Overwhelming Surge? Why not use solar barrage+gap closer to reveal so your Zerg can chase down one NB? You know Bats counters cloak too, right? And that you can use mist form to ensure you can keep up with the NB, right?

Oh no, I can’t hide in stealth on my Magplar and avoid any and all fights without my Zerg, the world is ending! As obsessive as you clearly are you could be a top tier player if you’d just accept some advice, stop practicing bad habits, and actually try to improve.

I guess it is easier to just be the laughingstock though, to each their own.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 14, 2018 10:28PM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    It’s literally so you can’t empower an Overload from stealth and pull off those sorc ganks without being pulled from stealth. Shoutout to @blobsky for getting that build out to the world.

OP, Probably you should learn how to play Magplar and perhaps how to build properly. Why don’t you just slot Overwhelming Surge? Why not use solar barrage+gap closer to reveal so your Zerg can chase down one NB? You know Bats counters cloak too, right? And that you can use mist form to ensure you can keep up with the NB, right?

Oh no, I can’t hide in stealth on my Magplar and avoid any and all fights without my Zerg, the world is ending! As obsessive as you clearly are you could be a top tier player if you’d just accept some advice, stop practicing bad habits, and actually try to improve.

I guess it is easier to just be the laughingstock though, to each their own.

Ah...ok...The Overload Gank.

Now that makes sense as pertains why this change was made...

As pertains the rest of your post, its:

1) completely off topic...

2) largely untrue...

So with that said, why bring that garbage here?

I disagree with some of your idea's as pertains character building....so what?

Why is that such an issue to you?

Just let it go man...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s totally on topic, you’re asking for potential cloak counters and I’m supplying you with a list of them.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »

Detect pots needed the visual tell.No reason for it to work without the Nb knowing he could be seen and being attack through his cloak.

What they did to magelight and expert hunter was just stupid.Increase the range of both abilities and revert this change.

Or... Maybe, you realize someone has det pots when they hit you through stealth, just like you realize there is an NB when they hit you from stealth.

But nope, that'd be too fair for NBs wouldn't it?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A better more broad question would be ''Why make unnecessary, unasked changes without mentioning in the patch notes?''

Almost every patch we get a silly change like this. No wonder people accuse them of not playing their own game.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great point @Lexxypwns on the OL gank. That makes alot of sense now.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    You make it sound like cyrodiil is all about sneaking around hoping you'll be able to sneak up on a ganker and reveal him. But you don't have to search out and kill such players if you can just keep them from killing you and your group members. Play defense with the reveals (and I want to mention lingering flare here) and if they are dumb enough to still come at you they'll be revealed in the presence of your entire group. And personally I think it's okay that coward builds (such as invisible NBs) made for fleeing any dangerous situation can actually exist in pvp.

I mean, you can still think magelight shouldn't reveal the caster, and fair enough, even though it makes perfect sense from a lore point of view. I just want to point out that stealthed magelight wasn't exactly necessary.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that change was absolutely not needed and hidden, since there is not a word about that in the patch notes.

It must be reverted back.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pots are expensive, but strong.

In any case you can always counter gank a NB with a friend and watch him run away from fight like a rat
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cough* [Equilibrium I] no longer reveals you when cast from stealth/invisibility. (Not sure about Later ranks, or the morphs though).
    OL ganking is just fine.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on August 16, 2018 4:26PM
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade main here:
    I prefer that they revert it. I agree with OP that you should be able to use RM in stealth and not be pulled out when casting.

: P
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!