Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you be in favor of introducing new, Bind-on-Creation crafted sets?

• Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    No - explain.
    No if it is Character Bound.
    Yes if it is Account Bound.

Most people I know have a dedicated crafter character that is no use besides crafting.
    Edited by Hrogun on August 15, 2018 7:18PM
    PC EU
    Healer
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - explain.
    Hrogun wrote: »
    No if it is Character Bound.
    Yes if it is Account Bound.

Most people I know have a dedicated crafter character that is no use besides crafting.

Sorry, I added clarification in the original post just now, but I meant for these to be account bound, not bound only to the crafting character.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - explain.
    Sure, as long as it's limited to a few sets. BOP isn't a concept I love all that much anywhere in the game tbh.

But if there can be nice rewards for PVE and PVP in various types and flavors, and even for fishing, master crafters can have some nice things too without shattering anything important, I think.
  • bee_tiswasnot
    bee_tiswasnot
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - explain.
    I was just about to post a variation on this theme myself, being in much the same situation-unfortunately I play on the Euro server, or I would send the OP a group invite. I don’t have an issue with players dropping out if they have some vital real world ™ task to complete, like finding a lost sock. It all adds to the fun. A friend of mine still recalls the day she visited to find me breastfeeding while taking down a group boss solo (strangely, there is no achievement for doing that). My youngest is probably traumatised by having spent her early years watching me kill demons before reading her bedtime story, but if so, she shows no signs of it.

Crafted sets definitely need some love, because they have been allowed to fall back by comparison to the dropped sets. I suspect that this is an oversight by ZOS, but it would be good to have some more end game crafted sets - for example, a better version of Seducer that could compete with Necropotence, a Burning Spell Weave equivalent, a buffed up version of Hundings, and even another 9 trait set.

I am inclined to the idea that if a few more sets were added, and only half a dozen at most are needed, then it would reward players who go down the crafting route a little more and keep us happy. New crafted sets wouldn’t need to be stupidly powerful, just adequate to deal with soloing ordinary group dungeons and low to mid level PVP-I say this because I believe most high level crafters tend to do PVE, or they would have stuck all the skill points elsewhere. Needless to say, there will be plenty of exceptions to that, but adding in a few new crafted sets would redress the balance, without making the PVP set scream, since the stupidly high DPS sets can be reserved for drops. All crafters probably need is a tier just below that.

ZOS have added dropped sets by the dozen, and it makes the crafted ones look kind of dusty. But if we had those few more sets, then there wouldn’t be a need to bind on create. It would either mean creating more crafting stations, or-better-adding dual set capability to some or all of the existing ones. ZOS have listened to posts in this forum, which is how we ended up with jewellery crafting, so what about it, guys?
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - explain.
    I hate BoP, I hate BoE. I hate everything that limits gear to your account specifically. I used one golden set a couple of weeks back in the days - now I never use it again, but I know some people could need that set - and I still can't sell it.

I'd agree *IF* the set would buff e.g. resource farming, drop chance on Nirn etc. in e.g. Craglorn, "While wearing this set, you gain back 10% of the materials used in crafting" or smth.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - explain.
    Why not.