The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Artaeum Takeaway Broth - Fixed?

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Guys, is the Arateum Takeaway Broth working properly yet?

Does it work with Bone Pirate? Does it give max Stamina and not Magicka?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After two months, we have finally been informed that The takeaway broth was never meant to be a drink and work with bone pirate.

You may be asking yourself why it took them two months to figure that out and tell that to us but it remains a mystery.

It gives max stam for me on Xbox NA and has for awhile now.

Edit: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5362225#Comment_5362225
    Edited by Apache_Kid on August 10, 2018 3:06PM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks bro for the info and update.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Despite the fact that the thumbnail is a picture of a wine bag that's sealed with a cork ZOS has decided that it is food. Yeah.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Bone Pirate and new gold food are each strong enough separately without making them work together. Saying this as someone who uses Bone Pirate AND the new gold food (not on same toon obviously). PvPers should be against any one setup being universal BiS.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think ZOS had originally planned on making the broth a drink but when people started complaining that it would work with Bone Pirate and could be OP’d, they changed their tune. Will be a decent combination for tanks using Green Pact gear, but that’s about it.
    Edited by Ashtaris on August 10, 2018 7:34PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Despite the fact that the thumbnail is a picture of a wine bag that's sealed with a cork ZOS has decided that it is food. Yeah.

Even better, it's a food that never got the attributes of a food or a drink, since it doesn't work with Gourmand or Green Pact.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Good. Bone Pirate and new gold food are each strong enough separately without making them work together. Saying this as someone who uses Bone Pirate AND the new gold food (not on same toon obviously). PvPers should be against any one setup being universal BiS.

I’m confused. How can you say that if the 5th item bonus of Bone Pirate depends on you using a drink, not food? Enlighten me, please.

If artaeum broth was classified as a drink, it + bone pirate would be mathematically superior to every other stam sustain option. Think hulking draugr lite + great sustain + health recovery you can easily build to utilize. Just too strong, pretty near universal BiS for stamina builds.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Even better, it's a food that never got the attributes of a food or a drink, since it doesn't work with Gourmand or Green Pact.

zos said they are looking into those sets so the food will work with those (if they fix it in time)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So it's... a gas?
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

So it's... a gas?

I believe so. Consumable gas. The future is now.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broth is a soup ... Soup is drinkable food .... Ergo everyone had no idea what it is
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think if ZOS renamed drinks to "beverages", this would clear up some confusion. Beverages are not food per se (though, I would argue a nice stout is a meal unto itself). Soup & broths - otoh - are generally considered food items and not beverages, even though you can drink them.

I'm patiently waiting for the ESO versions of Red Bull, Rockstar, and Monster :)
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    Artaeum broth doesn't work with Redguard food duration buff ATM does it?
  • Mikuelray
    Mikuelray
    ✭✭
    It not getting the buff from the provisions passives either. Thought we get 20 extra mins with the passives in place. :(
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it becomes useless :(
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    When is this going to get fixed? It's expensive as hell and it seems like it would be a fairly easy fix to categorize it as food and flag it for relevant passives. Wth Zos?!
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Max stam stam recovery and 10 percent expedition :D it gives you wings, redbull for the win
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly though, why is ZOS so opposed to making this a drink?

Bone Pirate is one of the very few relevant medium armor sets for PvP, and now it's not going to work with Artaeum broth if the planned changes go through.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden