The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dungeon Rant (from a casual)

GamerAeryn
GamerAeryn
✭✭✭
Firstly I'd like to state that I don't group with pugs, I "friends only" play, I don't shove myself into the solo queue, and you've never had to kick me from your group of 3 for low dps/CP (because it's never happened to me) so that's not what this is about, but I wanna say something.

I play solo 98% of my time. I find the most enjoyment from doing quests I've read 15 times and getting shards I've see 30+ times. But on the rare occasion I do want to group and respond to a friend's "hey, join us for a random normal?" most of the time we end up with a DLC dungeon. So, ZOS specifically makes these more difficult and complex than the base game. They're an entire DLC, after all, and require more time and even on normal, a loose understanding of mechanics. Since I avoid such things like the plague, having these for normals instantly makes me say "let's drop and wait it out." which invariably means we'll get a *different* DLC dungeon in our random normal. It's like the finder specifically wants me to have a bad time. Because it knows.... lol.

The only way for me to avoid this is for myself or my friends to unsub because there's no way in fresh hell that I'd buy a dungeon DLC. But then I'd lose my sub benefits and ZOS would lose it's bi-yearly $77. No, there's got to be another way. I know you'll say, just don't do randoms. But I like xp, I want the stupid crafting mat from the mail, I want to help out my friends, and I know and enjoy literally every base game dungeon. Just not the DLC. I have no interest, I haven't even been *in* 8 of them, and I don't want to be. Yes, we pick normal, but that doesn't mean they're nice and mindlessly easy like we were expecting say, Direfrost to be.

Anyway, rant over. I'd just like a button, you know? A DLC opt-out of some sort. I know they work hard, and I know there's those of you that enjoy them... just leave me out of it. I'll be hunting that last bit of paper I need in Cyrodiil to complete my collection. ((tips hat and heads off))
Gaming Youtube: TESO questing gameplay

GamerAeryn - 15/15, ESO+, beta, 1k+
GamerAeryn2 - 15/15, ESO+, 780+
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GamerAeryn wrote: »
    Firstly I'd like to state that I don't group with pugs, I "friends only" play, I don't shove myself into the solo queue, and you've never had to kick me from your group of 3 for low dps/CP (because it's never happened to me) so that's not what this is about, but I wanna say something.

I play solo 98% of my time. I find the most enjoyment from doing quests I've read 15 times and getting shards I've see 30+ times. But on the rare occasion I do want to group and respond to a friend's "hey, join us for a random normal?" most of the time we end up with a DLC dungeon. So, ZOS specifically makes these more difficult and complex than the base game. They're an entire DLC, after all, and require more time and even on normal, a loose understanding of mechanics. Since I avoid such things like the plague, having these for normals instantly makes me say "let's drop and wait it out." which invariably means we'll get a *different* DLC dungeon in our random normal. It's like the finder specifically wants me to have a bad time. Because it knows.... lol.

The only way for me to avoid this is for myself or my friends to unsub because there's no way in fresh hell that I'd buy a dungeon DLC. But then I'd lose my sub benefits and ZOS would lose it's bi-yearly $77. No, there's got to be another way. I know you'll say, just don't do randoms. But I like xp, I want the stupid crafting mat from the mail, I want to help out my friends, and I know and enjoy literally every base game dungeon. Just not the DLC. I have no interest, I haven't even been *in* 8 of them, and I don't want to be. Yes, we pick normal, but that doesn't mean they're nice and mindlessly easy like we were expecting say, Direfrost to be.

Anyway, rant over. I'd just like a button, you know? A DLC opt-out of some sort. I know they work hard, and I know there's those of you that enjoy them... just leave me out of it. I'll be hunting that last bit of paper I need in Cyrodiil to complete my collection. ((tips hat and heads off))

your chances of getting a dlc dungeon is very slim out of the many dungeons in the game. being a casual in a mmorpg though there isnt much room there you have to group up with pugs at some point unless you have 11 friends willing to raid alot for trials. trials are where your most fun times are at. but learning the dlcs for you and friends would be better than just avoiding them. but saying theyd lose 77$ outta probly the millions or billions a month they make yea thats not gonna hurt them.
  • GamerAeryn
    GamerAeryn
    ✭✭✭
    well, I'm already saying that yes, I get them constantly, so I don't know what your point is. and no, I won't be playing them.

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I avoid dlc dungeons, I just can’t face explaining the mechanics anymore, I do them once for the skill point and that’s it, I don’t like the skins, they are not worth it for the gems, I’ve got all the two piece sets I want and I’m bored of waiting around while another group of of bickering players start arguing over who screwed up this time
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I avoid dlc dungeons, I just can’t face explaining the mechanics anymore, I do them once for the skill point and that’s it, I don’t like the skins, they are not worth it for the gems, I’ve got all the two piece sets I want and I’m bored of waiting around while another group of of bickering players start arguing over who screwed up this time

yea i tend to try them and then i figure out which helms worth getting then i get the helm then never touchem again cause its like whats the point.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are grouping with your friends for a random normal and you end up in a dungeon you don't like, you can agree with your friends to travel to the dungeon of your choice and apparently that will complete the "daily random" activity as well. (I've not tried this, but someone mentioned it on the forums a week ago).

The other option is to bring a low level character since dungeons are level gated.
    The Moot Councillor
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say you haven't been in 8 of them and then say they aren't easy on normal. How do you even know? They are all pretty easy on normal. But either way, random dungeon is random dungeon. If you could opt out, it wouldn't be random anymore.
  • GamerAeryn
    GamerAeryn
    ✭✭✭
    Also, no one mentioned trials. Of course I've been in trial groups where we had pugs.

none of us have low levels, so that's out, but yes I enjoy that feature a lot when we do have them. wish there was another gate. I know I'm not the only one to mention this. a little button would make life so much nicer.

• Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ZOS should implement a new system because you spend 2% of your time with a 50% or so chance of drawing a dungeon you don't like even though you're grouped with friends and could likely just communicate and learn the dungeon so the next time you do it, its easy (like it is for everyone else)?

It's amazing to me how many people on this board admit they are complaining about an infinitesimal annoyance but they expect a company to spend the money and time to suit their needs.

and of course someone will chime in and say "ITS JUST ONE SIMPLE LINE OF CODE", because they watched a movie once where someone had to hack the webs.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, no one mentioned trials. Of course I've been in trial groups where we had pugs.

none of us have low levels, so that's out, but yes I enjoy that feature a lot when we do have them. wish there was another gate. I know I'm not the only one to mention this. a little button would make life so much nicer.

The problem with this is that people do the "random normal" for the XP reward. The reason the XP reward is there is to encourage people to queue for dungeons to backfill groups that want to do a specific dungeon (say the pledge, for example). These dungeons include DLC dungeons.

If you could get the same XP reward by selecting an option that will limit yourself to only the "easy" dungeons, who in their right mind would queue up to include DLC dungeons if all they want is their 400k XP as quickly as possible?
    The Moot Councillor
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree with @AlnilamE...

Sounds like you forgot that XP stands for experience points. You want to skip out on the experience and still get the same xp, that’s just not the right way to think about it.

You really do just need to learn the dlc dungeons. I mean, you’re just doing normal for god’s sake. You don’t need a dedicated tank or a dedicated healer. You can still (mostly) mindlessly dps through the mechanics.

In a single player game, I’m all for eating my cake and having it too, but this is an mmo.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surprised at all the opposition here, OP

Personally I have mixed feeling about DLC dungeons. If the mood strikes, some of them are kinda my favorite dungeons. Other times I find the mechanics convoluted and annoying. But that's all personal preference, thus sorta irrelevant I suppose...

What's so bad about a simple checkbox in the Random Dungeon finder for "[ ] DLC dungeons?" How is this so offensive to people if they're not even in that group? Can someone explain what the problem with suggestions like this are, please?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »

Personally I have mixed feeling about DLC dungeons. If the mood strikes, some of them are kinda my favorite dungeons. Other times I find the mechanics convoluted and annoying. But that's all personal preference, thus sorta irrelevant I suppose...

What's so bad about a simple checkbox in the Random Dungeon finder for "[ ] DLC dungeons?" How is this so offensive to people if they're not even in that group? Can someone explain what the problem with suggestions like this are, please?

You must have missed what @AlnilamE said.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that people are doing the Random Normal (or Vet) for the XP bonus. And having a checkbox means that everyone who wants an easy ride will check that box, hence people who are trying to complete groups for DLC dungeons are going to have a harder time filling their groups.

Trust me. It's human nature to take the path of least resistance. It's why I queue for random normals rather than random vets. I know I can carry a normal group with my healers if needed.

If someone really doesn't want to do the DLC dungeons, they can queue for specific dungeons of their choice and forego the XP.

(Meanwhile, it was suggested last week that if you are in a pre-formed group and you end up in a dungeon you don't want to do, you can agree with the group to simply travel to another dungeon and the Activity should complete upon killing the last boss in that new dungeon. I have not tested this yet.)
    The Moot Councillor
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

your chances of getting a dlc dungeon is very slim out of the many dungeons in the game.

On behalf of OP, I'd like to point out that regardless of the vagaries of RNGjesus, it's happening. If it wasn't happening A LOT there would not be an issue here.
    trials are where your most fun times are at. but learning the dlcs for you and friends would be better than just avoiding them.

And once again, that may be what is fun FOR YOU, and I (and most likely OP) would tell you go with your bad self and have fun!

What OP is asking for .... hmm and me too now that I think about it .... would be a simple "no DLC dungeons" button. Now personally, I have an inexplicable fondness for Mazzatun (possibly because my "goblin" Broken Branch Toothmaul really really really likes the hats), but I agree the DLC dungeons appear to be ramped up in complexity so that folks who are basically dungeon and trial runners will be (slightly) more challenged.

Those of us who don't play BIS, and don't worry fanatically about traits (I think about caring, and then ... I still don't) and who still get challenged after years by some of the overland content - we don't need and just get a headache from some of the super-coolo-"super bizarre mechanics" in the DLCs that many of us (well, me) can't figure out without going online to at least two different "walk-throughs".

So I like the idea - I also like that it doesn't effect anyone else's play.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a legitimate gripe as far as I"m concerned.

The DLC dungeons on this game are brutal - especially on Vet mode - and most pugs I join aren't ready for them either. As a result, it often becomes more frustrating than fun.

They should organize those dungeons into a separate tier so players can better control the content they sign up.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 14, 2018 8:02PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    weg0 wrote: »

You really do just need to learn the dlc dungeons. I mean, you’re just doing normal for god’s sake. You don’t need a dedicated tank or a dedicated healer. You can still (mostly) mindlessly dps through the mechanics.

Seriously, listen. Not everyone is "that good" even when YOU don't think it's that good.

I have two characters (a magsorc and a battlemage [stamsorc]) that were painstakingly outfitted, specced and tweaked with the help of two much much better players than I. Yeah, they could probably join into an all DPS group and mop some DLCs, but not all, not even most.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with those points, but maybe I'm a little dense...

Doesn't all of that basically not apply to people who just refuse to do the DLC dungeons? The main reason I stopped doing randoms wasn't the difficulties dealing with pugs (my friend and I carry friendly folks all the time, or used to), it was people dropping out of dungeons constantly on seeing it was WGT, CoS, or RoM again. So they left, and we had to wait at the first boss for new people to come (and hope they stayed).

Going through 4-8 people for each of the random DLC dungeons was an annoyance and time waster for all involved, and I tend to think an option to just forego getting queued for them in the first place would solve that.

I'm all for filling queues quicker, but for the many people that show up in a DLC dungeon and promptly vanish, it seems to me they clog up the dungeon finder system more than they expedite it working as intended... Am I just wrong in my perception of this, or...?

(Not intending to sound snarky or hostile in any way. I'm genuinely curious to have this clarified for me.)

EDIT:: Sorry, forgot the relevant quotes when replying @jaws343 and @AlnilamE ::EDIT
    Edited by GreenHere on August 14, 2018 8:03PM
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody is forcing you to do the daily random dungeon.

You are doing it for "bonus" XP.

Sorry it's not always a total ezmode faceroll for you to pad your xp earnings with a mindless run.

• GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »

Sorry it's not always a total ezmode faceroll for you to pad your xp earnings with a mindless run.

Not always. As a player with more CP than the cap will ever likely be raised to, and 3 friends in the same boat, sometimes we just want the random dungeon finder to give us a random dungeon. Just for the "surprise" of it, or whatever. We don't usually mind if it's a DLC one, but sometimes (like if someone only has about 10-15 minutes of play time left) we'd prefer to not get a DLC dungeon.

Don't care about the xp in the least. But the mailed rewards are kinda nice. I can get something that's worth using to somebody, and I've given more than a few Sharpened Willpower staves or Robust Agility jewels to newer players who were very grateful to get them for free. Happiness all around.

I feel like either I'm just not getting something obvious about this topic, or it's just a difference in attitude that I can't sync up with. Seems like "DEAL WITH IT, SUCKA!!" is the underlying argument here. I don't see the problem in letting people who simply don't want to do DLC dungeons opt out of them when using the finder.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have no objection for means to opt out of DLC dungeons if the reward was changed appropriately.

I’ve suggested before that random as we have it now would offer to be purpose quality reward we receive on the first run of the day dropping to blue quality for subsequent runs.

If someone, or a group, opt out of the dlc then the reward would be blue quality from the first run.

Simple and straightforward with a heavy dose of logic tossed in.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not "deal with it, sucka" - it's:

1.) The dungeon finder exists for a reason
    2.) The DLC dungeons are included for a reason
    3.) The bonus xp and rewards exist for a reason

the reason, as outlined by another poster above, is the same - some people want to do the DLC dungeons but need random players to fill.

Believe it or not, ZOS *wants* players to play the content, not punish the players who actually want to experience and learn the new more challenging dungeons by making them sit in their own separate queue for 4 hours because you want easy xp and loot.
    Edited by Krayl on August 14, 2018 8:31PM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

your chances of getting a dlc dungeon is very slim out of the many dungeons in the game.

On behalf of OP, I'd like to point out that regardless of the vagaries of RNGjesus, it's happening. If it wasn't happening A LOT there would not be an issue here.
    trials are where your most fun times are at. but learning the dlcs for you and friends would be better than just avoiding them.

And once again, that may be what is fun FOR YOU, and I (and most likely OP) would tell you go with your bad self and have fun!

What OP is asking for .... hmm and me too now that I think about it .... would be a simple "no DLC dungeons" button. Now personally, I have an inexplicable fondness for Mazzatun (possibly because my "goblin" Broken Branch Toothmaul really really really likes the hats), but I agree the DLC dungeons appear to be ramped up in complexity so that folks who are basically dungeon and trial runners will be (slightly) more challenged.

Those of us who don't play BIS, and don't worry fanatically about traits (I think about caring, and then ... I still don't) and who still get challenged after years by some of the overland content - we don't need and just get a headache from some of the super-coolo-"super bizarre mechanics" in the DLCs that many of us (well, me) can't figure out without going online to at least two different "walk-throughs".

you dont need a no dlc button. your chances of getting a dlc dungeon are slim to none(which you need to be doing the dlcs anyway or your truly not enjoying the game). trials and stuff make these dungeons easier so why not do them. with the odds of dungeons(even on normal and no you dont have to do them on vet) dlc dungeons are fairly easy to understand after a couple tries. you cant down dlc purely cause you wanna be lazy and not learn mechanics of the game. thus is why zos will never do this they want every inch of their game explored you dont have to do it on vet you can do normal just fine.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    @GreenHere, you make a valid point. I have even commented on another thread about how there should be higher xp thresholds for rando vet DLCs. But normal DLCs are very doable. (if grouping up with friends, I can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t be able to coordinate an easy clear, but let’s forget that point for now)

You’re right, there are many people afraid to attempt these dungeons, that is why I mostly support the current system. The current system encourages growth and exploration. It gives us a little extra incentive to perhaps try something new. My only critique would be that the punishment for abandoning, or reward for finishing, is too low. People should be even more incentivized to stick with the randoms into DLC dungeons.

It just sounds like the OP wants the goodies awarded for queueing up for whatever fate throws his way without the full “danger” fate has to offer. He already has the button option he’s asking for... queue up for specific dungeons. No need to complain about losing out on some added xp and rewards if you admit you want a mindless experience.

And @newtinmpls, you ain’t ever gonna get good if you try to avoid anything that challenges you. If you fall off, dust yourself off and try again.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not always. As a player with more CP than the cap will ever likely be raised to, and 3 friends in the same boat, sometimes we just want the random dungeon finder to give us a random dungeon. Just for the "surprise" of it, or whatever. We don't usually mind if it's a DLC one, but sometimes (like if someone only has about 10-15 minutes of play time left) we'd prefer to not get a DLC dungeon.

Don't care about the xp in the least. But the mailed rewards are kinda nice. I can get something that's worth using to somebody, and I've given more than a few Sharpened Willpower staves or Robust Agility jewels to newer players who were very grateful to get them for free. Happiness all around.

I feel like either I'm just not getting something obvious about this topic, or it's just a difference in attitude that I can't sync up with. Seems like "DEAL WITH IT, SUCKA!!" is the underlying argument here. I don't see the problem in letting people who simply don't want to do DLC dungeons opt out of them when using the finder.

If you aren't worried about the bonus XP, you can always just checkmark every dungeon but the DLC ones and queue for them. The game will randomly put you in one you just won't be doing the random dungeon finder.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS these are the type of players you cater to when you raise the floor and lower the ceiling.

These are the “casuals” you are trying to appease.

Is this really the direction you want to take?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

If you aren't worried about the bonus XP, you can always just checkmark every dungeon but the DLC ones and queue for them. The game will randomly put you in one you just won't be doing the random dungeon finder.

lol... that's so obvious, surprised we never actually did that. Usually it ends up being "crap... guess we're speedrunning Mazzatun today. GO!" on the occasions where a friend has limited time and we get a DLC dungeon. Thanks for the helpful suggestion.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

lol... that's so obvious, surprised we never actually did that. Usually it ends up being "crap... guess we're speedrunning Mazzatun today. GO!" on the occasions where a friend has limited time and we get a DLC dungeon. Thanks for the helpful suggestion.

easy fix for that friend dont go and let another do it seriously if you dont have the time you shouldnt be on the game till later on. it just makes people irritated.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not "deal with it, sucka" - it's:

1.) The dungeon finder exists for a reason
    2.) The DLC dungeons are included for a reason
    3.) The bonus xp and rewards exist for a reason

the reason, as outlined by another poster above, is the same - some people want to do the DLC dungeons but need random players to fill.

Believe it or not, ZOS *wants* players to play the content, not punish the players who actually want to experience and learn the new more challenging dungeons by making them sit in their own separate queue for 4 hours because you want easy xp and loot.

I agree, but am I wrong in thinking that letting players who are just going to bail when they see it's a DLC dungeon anyway opt-out before wasting anyone's time would speed up finding a suitable group for DLC content?

I don't know what it's like on PS4, (or even what the current climate in the finder is in general, really), so as an honest question: Doesn't a lot of your time get wasted when you queue for randoms and land in a DLC dungeon?

Back when I did so, I'd often land in vWGT or whatever and think, "Neat, I like this dungeon! Oh, crap, now we're gonna have to wait 4-15 minutes while the two randoms come and go til we get ones who want to be here..." Is that not a problem anymore?

I always thought the solution to that particular frustration (for us players who want to do the DLC content), was to let those people opt out ahead of time. Hence my confusion over all this discussion, and the pushback to an option to forego DLC dungeons.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get my time wasted in random dungeons all the time, regardless of if they are DLC or not. ;)
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

you dont need a no dlc button. your chances of getting a dlc dungeon are slim to none(which you need to be doing the dlcs anyway or your truly not enjoying the game). trials and stuff make these dungeons easier so why not do them. with the odds of dungeons(even on normal and no you dont have to do them on vet) dlc dungeons are fairly easy to understand after a couple tries. you cant down dlc purely cause you wanna be lazy and not learn mechanics of the game. thus is why zos will never do this they want every inch of their game explored you dont have to do it on vet you can do normal just fine.

Well, that's your opinion. I'm quite sure there are many people who enjoys the game without trials, vet dungeons or even normal dungeons.