The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Daily Rewards pops up on every log-in once again

runagate
runagate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This has "accidentally" started happening since the daily timer reset since the new DLC has gone live.

Very, very annoying.
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes when entering my house, sometimes when using a wayshrine, sometimes when logging out. Not consistent, a little random.
    Bright side I can see the timer til the next daily reward ticking down :)
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »
    Sometimes when entering my house, sometimes when using a wayshrine, sometimes when logging out. Not consistent, a little random.
    Bright side I can see the timer til the next daily reward ticking down :)

I notice you mention zoning/loading screen activities. Perhaps it's per-character. I was doing writs and such. I assure yo that with 15 characters it's astonishingly repetitive.
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :) I was meaning in addition to logging in and out you get the full screen reward notification during "normal" game play, for example entering the house, changing location (in zone or to different zone using wayshrine) and so forth and so on. BUT - not always. I too have many characters (14) and whilst I did not play them all last night it was a feature of each I played :)
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed it too. Pretty pathetic that they sneak it back in without even putting it in the patch notes.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's annoying. As it used to be. But I think they forget to apply the fix in the new DLC. I hope they add it with the next maintenance.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This will be fixed in a future, incremental patch".

See, we don't even need a dev or community manager to reply, we already know what the answer will be.
  • Mica-Tempes
    Getting this too.

At least "No, Thank You." add on still works to block it.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to bug report it and encourage everyone else to do so, they need to get barraged until they go "OMG JEEZ OKAY OKAY!!!" and fix it just to stop seeing it reported.

• DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This hasn't been one of the better updates. At least two crashes per day (oddly when idle usually), the return of the Daily Rewards screen (at some really random points as well as when logging in), and just isn't running as well as it was.

Oh well, we'll see what the next patch/update brings.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    lots of old bugs resurrected with the patch :(
  • Decallom
    Decallom
    Having an issue with this as well, though oddly enough only on EU server, not NA.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALT still works as well as it used to though
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, this is getting old....again.I have 12 characters that I load up and do my writs on every day and this popup, that is only suppose to come up once per day per account, is popping up with every character load. It's also popping up when I travel to any of my homes or to other wayshrines, along with those times, it is just randomly popping up when I'm standing in the bank or at a crafting table.

@ZOS_GinaBruno when will this be fixed?
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno when will this be fixed?

I can answer that for you...

"Soon™"

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    When we tested this internally, it appeared to be caused by out of date addons (not just a particular one, but all of them). Could you all try disabling all out of date addons, and let us know if that fixes the issue?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭
    When we tested this internally, it appeared to be caused by out of date addons (not just a particular one, but all of them). Could you all try disabling all out of date addons, and let us know if that fixes the issue?

thanks for the info but the QoL from many of these addons is a must have....oh well its not a big deal to click out of until it gets fixed.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No offense but I'd sooner stop playing than not use my add ons.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on console and I don't have add-ons, but this issue started with me about 2 days ago. As I log in/out of my alts, sometimes it appears, other times it doesn't. Seems completely random.

On a side note: I'd still like to get a reason why ESO+ members have to deal with the banner at all. Couldn't this be used as a perk?
    "Hey, boys and girls! Tired of us shoving our virtual wares down your throats every time you log in with each of your alts? Well, now we have another perk for ESO+ members: No More Ads!

That's right! With your subscription, we will ensure you are no longer bothered by these annoying, screen-filling banners reminding you those motifs you want will take you years to get.

So what are you waiting for? Sign up today to become an ESO+ member and say 'Goodbye' to banner ads forever!"

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    yurimodin wrote: »

thanks for the info but the QoL from many of these addons is a must have....oh well its not a big deal to click out of until it gets fixed.

Understood, but in order for us to confirm what the issue is, it would help to at least temporarily disable them to see if that fixes the problem.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ummmmm....console players? I'm on Xbox One and get this also.

• Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    so my issue was if I didnt claim the reward I got the prompt every time. once claimed it went away
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so my issue was if I didn't claim the reward I got the prompt every time. once claimed it went away

I've claimed the reward and still pop up every time I came back from a loading screen. (I don't use addons)

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yurimodin wrote: »

Understood, but in order for us to confirm what the issue is, it would help to at least temporarily disable them to see if that fixes the problem.

Tried running the game with all addons disabled and box for "allow out of date" unchecked...so essentially no addons at all and still getting the popup box. It's not happening every character login but I would say 8 out of 10 characters I load gets the popup as well as when I travel to any of my houses or to another wayshrine.

Also you should note that my son-in-law is playing on Xbox One and he is having the same issue with the popup, even when there is no reward to claim.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so my issue was if I didnt claim the reward I got the prompt every time. once claimed it went away

That was intended behaviour anyway so it's working just as before in that case.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

No offense but I'd sooner stop playing than not use my add ons.

Sure, but you could easily disable them, then enable a couple at a time to figure out which ones are causing the issue. Not sure if ZoS will do much since they don't control the addons but maybe you can contact the maker(s) to get an update.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    I log into Xbox One NA every day and switch characters at a minimum of three times without fail. I haven't seen this. I don't know what the people claiming this is happening on Xbox NA mean. We won't receive the update till two weeks time anyways.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting this too. I did not try it without add-ons, but all of the ones I use have been updated. Also, I don't run with the allow out of date box checked. I always leave it unchecked.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I just tried it without outdated addon and with all addons.

With all addons it showed up. Then without outdated ones it didn't show up. Then again with all addons it didn't show up. I played some time and the popup showed up after a load screen. Seems to be absolutely random.

I didn't try to remove all addons, yet, to see if it still happens.

EDIT: I now also completely removed my addon folder from the game directory and started the game again. The popup showed up again. So it really doesn't seem to be caused by addons.
    Edited by feyii on August 14, 2018 6:31PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to double check, everyone has claimed their daily rewards, yes? If not, the window will continue to appear until you claim it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Mica-Tempes
    Well I claimed daily reward on first character I logged in with today, next character no window, next 2 characters the window. It missed the next log in but reappeared on my last three characters. So random, but often.