The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

You gotta be kidding.

• RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    A magplar came in here to check if sorcs need any towels to shed their tears.

Anyone?

Maybe if templars would just up their forum histrionics game, the class wouldn't be left mangled for... ever.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tested the new cage a bit today. It’s absolute trash. The dodge window for it is massive both pre and post cast. Which is ironic cus it destroyed its use for skilled Sorcs but maintains its strength for zergling Sorcs dropping it on unsuspecting and outnumbered opponents.

Sorc is very mediocre now.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Frags was nerfed because zos wanted Sorcs to actually have to try to CC, by slotting a skill meant only to CC...
    The rune cage change was evident of this.
    Rune cage was over performing, their initial intent remains unchanged, and new cage Nerf is in line with their initial plans for sorc. God forbid we force a skill into your rotation...you know like every other class has. Ah *** NM...nightblades Will still not have to worry about CCing their target...getting a skill that does everything you can ask it to.

Actually you are wrong. They nerfed frags (no one knows why) and they gave sorcs rune cage and actually thought that it was going to work like it would on any other class. But just like you dont seem to understand sorcs so does ZOS. Sorcs cannot use a cc that does nothing but a stun. It doesnt fit in their kit because of their limited pressure, very small windows of burst meaning they cant extend their rotation to more cds and very limited bar space.

When they understood that they went and gave dmg to cage. And when cage became worth using because of its dmg it became broken as hell cause it was also undodgeable and unblockable. And now they went on and nerfed the ability again to an even worse state than it was before they buffed it. Its just worse than master reach.

There is only one iteration of cage which is balanced. That is to deal dmg but be dodgeable/blockable. In this case however u are just making it similar to frags and its still worse than master reach cause u dont give a bar slot. So what was the freaking point of nerfing frags in the first place if you are going to give them essentially the same crap that no one will use because they can use master reach which is going to be much closer to frags.

This whole rune cage situation is a freaking comedy. Buff,nerf,buff,nerf the same skill for half a year for no reason.

ZOS "smart solution"?

They'll nerf reach. So nobody will be able to tell it's better than rune cage any more.

You know they are NOT above doing this.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Yubarius wrote: »
    leb91han wrote: »
    So u go make rune cage pretty op for a few months and now u nerf it to the ground and we r left with what nothing ? Well guess what ? Nobody asked for cage in the first place. Bring back frag stun . Just Look at how foxy was the tactic : Taking stun from frag leaving sorc hopeless for a while , then buff cage make sorcs pretty much godly op . Then oh look its 2 op we r sorry we need to nerf it to the ground . Then we r left with what ? Nothing : the big flat nerf to frag stun that u intended in the first place . No frag stun + uneffective rune = big big big nerf . BRING BACK FRAG STUN plz ty.

You get frag stun when magden gets A stun and/or an execute. RC still goes through block and streak still stuns no matter what. Stop acting like every sorc entitled to be OP every patch and complaining that your class is on a more even playing field with everyone else.

Hello noob.

Streak is blockable, stop spreading false information ;)

Warden stun and sorc stun issues are not even close. Why bound the both ?

Sorc is before and now after summerset is bad because it's not competitive with others meta builds at high level. If you are a scrub being 1vX by a sorc, go l2p and don't rage and lie on the forum.

kiss kiss

Are you implying that sorc is somehow worse off than mag Warden when it comes to cc?

He's implying that because one class doesn't have a cc doesn't mean another class should become the same.

This 'WAAAA my class sucks so all other should as well WAAA' mentality that on this forum is messed up.

If people want to complain about mag warden needing a cc and i think they do need a cc then they should go make a thread about it.

But in a thread about rune cage on a sorc mag warden is just not relevant to the discussion.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like yet another L2P post right here, I can't wait until it goes live on Xbox and ps4 so we can hear more people cry about it
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    Please explain how rune cage has been nerfed to the ground? It no longer deals damage if you cc break, which should have never been added to begin with. Still has the same long range, still can cc people for a generous 3.5 seconds, instant cast. The only real change that's been made is that it no longer stuns people who are dodge rolling which is a well-needed change. It's BS that sorcs have gotten away with undodgable hit you all at once burst for so long, finally some counterplay, like previously you weren't able to block, you weren't able to dodge, the only counterplay was using a hot or burst heal which doesn't matter since sorc can execute preemptively and hit you with 4 abilities all at once.

Major/minor evasion will dodge it for you, sets that passively dodge things when proc'd will dodge it for you, the list of ways to not get affected by it are astronimcal now. ZoS has even stated that all the means to dodge stuff also apply to rc now, and not just dodge roll to dodge it.

It is now a potato killer skill, unless they have any form of major or minor evasion on them.
    Edited by OGLezard on August 14, 2018 5:44AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So u go make rune cage pretty op for a few months and now u nerf it to the ground and we r left with what nothing ? Well guess what ? Nobody asked for cage in the first place. Bring back frag stun . Just Look at how foxy was the tactic : Taking stun from frag leaving sorc hopeless for a while , then buff cage make sorcs pretty much godly op . Then oh look its 2 op we r sorry we need to nerf it to the ground . Then we r left with what ? Nothing : the big flat nerf to frag stun that u intended in the first place . No frag stun + uneffective rune = big big big nerf . BRING BACK FRAG STUN plz ty.

You get frag stun when magden gets A stun and/or an execute. RC still goes through block and streak still stuns no matter what. Stop acting like every sorc entitled to be OP every patch and complaining that your class is on a more even playing field with everyone else.

Hello noob.

Sorc is before and now after summerset is bad because it's not competitive with others meta builds at high level. If you are a scrub being 1vX by a sorc, go l2p and don't rage and lie on the forum.

kiss kiss

Are you implying that sorc is somehow worse off than mag Warden when it comes to cc?

He's implying that because one class doesn't have a cc doesn't mean another class should become the same.

This 'WAAAA my class sucks so all other should as well WAAA' mentality that on this forum is messed up.

If people want to complain about mag warden needing a cc and i think they do need a cc then they should go make a thread about it.

But in a thread about rune cage on a sorc mag warden is just not relevant to the discussion.

MagWardens damage is more telegraphed than MagSorcs and just as delayed. Not only that it in addition it does not stick to target and is not fire & forget, unlike MagSorcs.

I think it is very relevant to compare and point out that this massive outcry is a bit pathetic, when looking at the problems other classes with similar (and more) restrictions have to deal with.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frags was nerfed because zos wanted Sorcs to actually have to try to CC, by slotting a skill meant only to CC...
    Rune cage was over performing, their initial intent remains unchanged, and new cage Nerf is in line with their initial plans for sorc. God forbid we force a skill into your rotation...you know like every other class has.

Which was stupid to begin with because getting a skill into a rotation works for classes that have some form of sustained pressure.
    Sorc doesn´t have that. Sorc has only delayed burst and the lowest offensive uptime of all classes due to how shields and their sustain skill work.

You have no problem fitting a nonDMG cc into offense based around 8 to 12s dots complemented by offensive spammables - as it generally only means trading ~10 to 15% of potential dmg gcds for cc.
    However on a sorc you have a very strict 3 to 4 cast rotation - having a rotation around a 4 second window means that putting in a nonDMG cc costs you 25% of your potential dmg gcds for cc. This isn´t and never was a reasonable expectation to begin with imo.

And no i don´t think cage was fine - i think removing CC from frags was stupid.
    Same for shalks though i really do think arguing from the pov the the universially agreed worst class/spec (magwarden) currently doesn´t really help making a point. Everyone i know agrees warden needs help and this should point out that it´s really unfit as a point of reference.
    Edited by Derra on August 14, 2018 7:35AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello noob.

kiss kiss

MagWardens damage is more telegraphed than MagSorcs and just as delayed. Not only that it in addition it does not stick to target and is not fire & forget, unlike MagSorcs.

I think it is very relevant to compare and point out that this massive outcry is a bit pathetic, when looking at the problems other classes with similar (and more) restrictions have to deal with.

Is there anyone playing ESO who doesn’t think that magWarden needs buffs and what they did to it is atrocious?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like yet another L2P post right here, I can't wait until it goes live on Xbox and ps4 so we can hear more people cry about it

Being impressed by the game design display (buffing the skill although everybody said not to followed by 4 nerfs) would be more accurate.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much Sorc hate from those who doesn't understand anything beyond buttonmashing, lawl.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    Awww......ONE skill got nerphed in the most broken class in game and crying topics started

Replace your precious rune cage with reach maybe? You know...like templars and wardens. But yeah...who gives a f... about them....
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Hello noob.

kiss kiss

Is there anyone playing ESO who doesn’t think that magWarden needs buffs and what they did to it is atrocious?

My point is, magWarden (just like NB which magSorcs love to compare themselves with) is part of the game.

A substantial part of my critisism stems from the fact that forum sorcs (and ingame sorcs) tend to rarely look at what they actually have compared to the less privileged classes. They only compare themselves upwards to what they perceive as being stronger than their kit. It is a very convenient excuse to just say: "ye, we agree magwarden is trash" and dodge the downwards comparison by singleing out magWarden like that.

That's not how balance is achieved. If we look at ALL classes (not just the outliers on the very top) right now in the current state of the game, there is not much to complain about for MagSorcs. That's just how it is. Yet I have trouble finding a single one of all those oh-so-smart forum sorcs acknowledging that.

If I am considering my MagWarden as totally playable (despite its many shortcomings) at even the higher tiers of PvP - how can people be so ignorant and hysterical to even imply that magSorc would be unplayable now? And they do. All the same forum sorcs that you tend to "agree" with, with very few exceptions are transporting that kind of message all over the forums.

I don't see you making positive posts about magSorc performance, instead you (like all others) are repeating the same eternal mantras "Sorc can only potato mash". I personally don't think that is true at all and I was quite a good magSorc when I mained it. Maybe I'm just a huge potato, but having counterplay doesn't equal to "potato killer" in my books - quite the opposite, it makes for healthy gameplay, tactical gameplay.

Long story short, I still have hope some people have the mental capacities to realise they've been falling into the hyperbole trap. Bringing up magWarden as an example for something being worse off is not me crying louder, it is an attempt to put things into perpective.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long story short, I still have hope some people have the mental capacities to realise they've been falling into the hyperbole trap. Bringing up magWarden as an example for something being worse off is not me crying louder, it is an attempt to put things into perpective.

It´s the same logical fallacy you accuse sorcs of though.

You don´t like sorcs comparing themselves to NBs - which is a valid point to make.
    Yet at the same time you compare sorcs to warden - in which case either this comparison is invalid aswell or your complaint about sorcs comparing themselves to NBs (which is imo the only class that magsorc can be compared to when looking at toolkits - magden fits a different role and even in it´s current meh state is more along the lines of templar and DK than NB and sorc).

My argument isn´t about either of those though. My argument is that when only looking at the sorc toolkit and how the class is played - having a distinct cc ability without dmg in it´s rotation does not work due to points mentioned above (significant reduction in offensive gcds while having generally low offensive uptime already due to defensive and sustain mechanics).
    Such an ability would either be underpowered/useless and thus (like cage is now) not slotted or be OP (like cage was).
    Edited by Derra on August 14, 2018 8:59AM
    <Noricum>

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mojomonkeyman

I see, but I just don't think accepting a nerf by saying "it could be worse, I could play a magWarden" is helping in making any class better. My issue with Sorc isn't specific skills mostly - it's the theme of every magSorc being virtually the same, except some stubborn DW leftovers or players like Malcolm who can pull off a well-fitted dodge roll build. My view is also a bit different because I exclusively play noCP. The strengths the class has are much lesser there because you miss out on stat pool increase and some valuable mitigation CP, as well as the damage ones ofc. For noCP I do think Sorc is a class that lacks a lot, even if less than magWarden.

I'm not even thinking that Sorc needs buffs though - you are right, it has a solid base. The game has changed so much in these 4 years, but Sorcs haven't, and that's why I'd like a rework or overhaul of the class. As for magWarden, by all means buff it.
    Edited by Feanor on August 14, 2018 9:00AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

It´s the same logical fallacy you accuse sorcs of though.

You don´t like sorcs comparing themselves to NBs - which is a valid point to make.
    Yet at the same time you compare sorcs to warden - in which case either this comparison is invalid aswell or your complaint about sorcs comparing themselves to NBs (which is imo the only class that magsorc can be compared to when looking at toolkits - magden fits a different role and even in it´s current meh state is more along the lines of templar and DK than NB and sorc).

My argument isn´t about either of those though. My argument is that when only looking at the sorc toolkit and how the class is played - having a distinct cc ability without dmg in it´s rotation does not work due to points mentioned above (significant reduction in offensive gcds while having generally low offensive uptime already due to defensive and sustain mechanics).
    As such an ability would either be underpowered/useless and thus (like cage is now) not slotted or be OP (like cage was).

Absolutely not, the difference is I don't compare my magWarden solely to Sorcs. I was making a point that all those sorc discussions on the forums are missing other comparisons besides mSorc vs NB or mSorc vs Stam. And I am claiming that it would be an eye-opening experience if those comparisons would include all setups played.

I, on the contrary, am the first to agree that compared to Templars and even DKs, Warden has a lot of privileges in some areas (the Warden house being much more efficient and dangerous than the Templar house, certain skills with similar output having 1/3rd of the cost of corresponding Templar skills, same goes for Warden vs DK with shimmer ing and wings). I can have those duiscussions on a fundamentally different level because its about both, weakness and strengths. I am not cherrypicking the comparisons that suit my agenda best.

I never disagreed with your message in the second paragraph, in fact I agree 100%. The Warden problem is not too different. Due to needing certain buffs (Barslots) to even be remotely competitive (defensively AND offensively), any future cc that is not attached to an already overloaded ability would be VERY difficult to implement in most builds.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on August 14, 2018 9:13AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Mojomonkeyman

I see, but I just don't think accepting a nerf by saying "it could be worse, I could play a magWarden" is helping in making any class better. My issue with Sorc isn't specific skills mostly - it's the theme of every magSorc being virtually the same, except some stubborn DW leftovers or players like Malcolm who can pull off a well-fitted dodge roll build. My view is also a bit different because I exclusively play noCP. The strengths the class has are much lesser there because you miss out on stat pool increase and some valuable mitigation CP, as well as the damage ones ofc. For noCP I do think Sorc is a class that lacks a lot, even if less than magWarden.

I'm not even thinking that Sorc needs buffs though - you are right, it has a solid base. The game has changed so much in these 4 years, but Sorcs haven't, and that's why I'd like a rework or overhaul of the class. As for magWarden, by all means buff it.

Thanks for the reply. Those are exactly the comments I feel are missing in those sorc discussions. Reasonable and analytical comments that don't auto-join the complain-chorus just because.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely not, the difference is I don't compare my magWarden solely to Sorcs. I was making a point that all those sorc discussions on the forums are missing other comparisons besides mSorc vs NB or mSorc vs Stam. And I am claiming that it would be an eye-opening experience if those comparisons would include all setups played.

I, on the contrary, am the first to agree that compared to Templars and even DKs, Warden has a lot of privileges in some areas (the Warden house being much more efficient and dangerous than the Templar house, certain skills with similar output having 1/3rd of the cost of corresponding Templar skills, same goes for Warden vs DK with shimmer ing and wings). I can have those duiscussions on a fundamentally different level because its about both, weakness and strengths. I am not cherrypicking the comparisons that suit my agenda best.

The problem is though - magsorc isn´t really comparable to anything but stamina and magica NB.

The forum sorcs could go the route and compare themselves to warden, magplar and magDK - but then do that in a "standyourground" scenario - the class is utterly unfit for those though and a comparison would just go to point out MORE painpoints about sorcs.

So sorcs are comparing themselves in the same scenario you´d compare your warden in.
    The strenghs lie with shieldstacking (vs magica) and streak - with the latter being hard to utilize effectively. Shieldstacking is a topic that´s been discussed for ages now and i think most good sorcs would love to get away from it with some balanced trade for non shield focused defense + slight offensive buff.

The problem is that the thing sorc really excells at compared to fitting counterparts it´s in creating a *** gameplay experience for all participants of a fight bc it ´s really good at draws.
    Meh.

I dislike playing sorc atm as much as i dislike playing against one bc of how stupid it feels going against pure defense - while at the same time realizing that oftentimes it´s your only option.
    I agree with feanor and the class needing an overhaul on a couple of abilities/rolefocus instead of buffs/nerfs to one or two. It feels unrefined and singlepurpose compared to every other class i play.
    Edited by Derra on August 14, 2018 9:38AM
    <Noricum>

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

The problem is though - magsorc isn´t really comparable to anything but stamina and magica NB.

The forum sorcs could go the route and compare themselves to warden, magplar and magDK - but then do that in a "standyourground" scenario - the class is utterly unfit for those though and a comparison would just go to point out MORE painpoints about sorcs.

So sorcs are comparing themselves in the same scenario you´d compare your warden in.
    The strenghs lie with shieldstacking (vs magica) and streak - with the latter being hard to utilize effectively. Shieldstacking is a topic that´s been discussed for ages now and i think most good sorcs would love to get away from it with some balanced trade for non shield focused defense + slight offensive buff.

The problem is that the thing sorc really excells at compared to fitting counterparts it´s in creating a *** gameplay experience for all participants of a fight bc it ´s really good at draws.
    Meh.

Well, I am not suggesting "mobile" classes to outline why they can't stand their ground and I don't think this is even necessary for the discussinon. The way to bring all the playstyles together for comparisons sake, is rating 1) overall survival and 2) kill potential. That's the common denominantor we all have in PvP no matter the playstyle. We want to be able to kill and we want to be able to survive.

I think the approach is viable, legit and rebuttal to your objection/apprehension. If we apply that approach we can outline power tiers for different scenarios.

My personal conclusion is, that after the removal of scaling mechanics which benefitted "standyourground" most, mobility has far too much influence on survival and partially kill potential (the KPIs for a "fun" gaming experience), too. We talked about it, there even is no need to cut mobility off of the ususal suspects to balance playstyles - scaling mechanics need to be re-enabled to strengthen "standyourground".
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on August 14, 2018 9:56AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Rune cage was over performing, their initial intent remains unchanged, and new cage Nerf is in line with their initial plans for sorc. God forbid we force a skill into your rotation...you know like every other class has. Ah *** NM...nightblades Will still not have to worry about CCing their target...getting a skill that does everything you can ask it to.

Actually you are wrong. They nerfed frags (no one knows why) and they gave sorcs rune cage and actually thought that it was going to work like it would on any other class. But just like you dont seem to understand sorcs so does ZOS. Sorcs cannot use a cc that does nothing but a stun. It doesnt fit in their kit because of their limited pressure, very small windows of burst meaning they cant extend their rotation to more cds and very limited bar space.

When they understood that they went and gave dmg to cage. And when cage became worth using because of its dmg it became broken as hell cause it was also undodgeable and unblockable. And now they went on and nerfed the ability again to an even worse state than it was before they buffed it. Its just worse than master reach.

There is only one iteration of cage which is balanced. That is to deal dmg but be dodgeable/blockable. In this case however u are just making it similar to frags and its still worse than master reach cause u dont give a bar slot. So what was the freaking point of nerfing frags in the first place if you are going to give them essentially the same crap that no one will use because they can use master reach which is going to be much closer to frags.

This whole rune cage situation is a freaking comedy. Buff,nerf,buff,nerf the same skill for half a year for no reason.

ZOS "smart solution"?

They'll nerf reach. So nobody will be able to tell it's better than rune cage any more.

Got to admit, never thought of that. Next patch. We nerfed master reach to make rune cage look better. :trollface:
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

ZOS "smart solution"?

Got to admit, never thought of that. Next patch. We nerfed master reach to make rune cage look better. :trollface:

I don't have a masters staff - and have no intention of farming one.. but currently would rather run non-masters reach than cage.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Mojomonkeyman

If the game were homogenized to a tee and all classes were designed to fulfill the same roles, then your argument might have some merit. As it stands however, what you seem to not be grasping is that when it comes to magicka specs, sorc and nightblade are clearly the designated damage dealers in both PvP and PvE. That’s why the two are often used as a benchmark for eachother. They are evaluated on their ability to do primarily one thing: kill. Mag warden and magplar are clearly designed as support roles, and they absolutely excel in that capacity. When it is said that magden underperforms, it’s in regards to solo play. A well played magden is one of the most powerful specs in the game in a good group. Strong magplars are also essential in group play as well. They bring massive offensive and defensive support to any group. Sorc, in contrast, does not. The group utility for mag Sorcs is very low outside of being a negate monkey, which frankly a stam sorc does better.

So if sorc is not gonna be a pillar of group play like magden, magplar, and to a lesser extent mag dk...then it has to excel in damage and solo play to be relevant. This is where cc comes into play. As a class designed entirely around delayed burst damage, without a reliable CC the class is gimped. As any competent pvper understands, burst means nothing without a cc to line it up.

Is mag sorc unplayable now? No. Is it mediocre? Yes. I’m not gonna waste my time playing one when I can get much better results now on a stam build or magblade which sorc competes with for its role and niche...not magdens which you are setting up a comparison with.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tfw you wrote a big ol post and decided 'meh whatever' because there's just no point. :|
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    @Mojomonkeyman

If the game were homogenized to a tee and all classes were designed to fulfill the same roles, then your argument might have some merit. As it stands however, what you seem to not be grasping is that when it comes to magicka specs, sorc and nightblade are clearly the designated damage dealers in both PvP and PvE. That’s why the two are often used as a benchmark for eachother. They are evaluated on their ability to do primarily one thing: kill. Mag warden and magplar are clearly designed as support roles, and they absolutely excel in that capacity. When it is said that magden underperforms, it’s in regards to solo play. A well played magden is one of the most powerful specs in the game in a good group. Strong magplars are also essential in group play as well. They bring massive offensive and defensive support to any group. Sorc, in contrast, does not. The group utility for mag Sorcs is very low outside of being a negate monkey, which frankly a stam sorc does better.

So if sorc is not gonna be a pillar of group play like magden, magplar, and to a lesser extent mag dk...then it has to excel in damage and solo play to be relevant. This is where cc comes into play. As a class designed entirely around delayed burst damage, without a reliable CC the class is gimped. As any competent pvper understands, burst means nothing without a cc to line it up.

Is mag sorc unplayable now? No. Is it mediocre? Yes. I’m not gonna waste my time playing one when I can get much better results now on a stam build or magblade which sorc competes with for its role and niche...not magdens which you are setting up a comparison with.

Your tone doesn't deserve a lengthy reply, sorry. I highly doubt you would even come close to my performance on any of the mentioned classes. The people I was discussing with in this thread at least "grasp" that they have a discussion with someone who knows what hes talking about.

I can say at least fighting Little Mojo wasn’t fun. ;)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap there's still people moaning about sorcs on this thread? Wow.

Ohhh its ok it's my console brethren, clearly no one on PC has an issue with sorcs now. Or if you do I'm sure once you hit L50 and get past Kyne you'll realize they aren't that hard to beat.
    Edited by Beardimus on August 14, 2018 4:21PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    A magplar came in here to check if sorcs need any towels to shed their tears.

Anyone?

Lol people don't know the templar pain from thier high horses
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    Please explain how rune cage has been nerfed to the ground? It no longer deals damage if you cc break, which should have never been added to begin with. Still has the same long range, still can cc people for a generous 3.5 seconds, instant cast. The only real change that's been made is that it no longer stuns people who are dodge rolling which is a well-needed change. It's BS that sorcs have gotten away with undodgable hit you all at once burst for so long, finally some counterplay, like previously you weren't able to block, you weren't able to dodge, the only counterplay was using a hot or burst heal which doesn't matter since sorc can execute preemptively and hit you with 4 abilities all at once.

Umm did you forget about Shuffle? RC can be passively dodged now. This nerfs it to the ground.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Step 1: call everyone a noob
    Step 2: explain why they can't kill any competent player on their magsorc because *gasp* each class has a defensive mechanism to deal with incoming damage.

This has to be some sort of performance art.

Want to know what's the defensive Mechanism of DK. Just, don't say Block...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Step 1: call everyone a noob
    Step 2: explain why they can't kill any competent player on their magsorc because *gasp* each class has a defensive mechanism to deal with incoming damage.

This has to be some sort of performance art.

Want to know what's the defensive Mechanism of DK. Just, don't say Block...

Intimidation?
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    I don’t need to know how you play to evaluate your argument on its rhetoric bud @Mojomonkeyman

Don’t be a snowflake monkey man. I’m not saying you have no idea what you’re talking about. I’m saying you present your argument like someone who doesn’t understand that MagSorc and Magblade are clearly designed around dps, and magden is clearly designated as a support role.

This is completely contrary to ZOS's current stance on class balance and shouldnt be used as a benchmark. Wardens and templars have every fundamental right to be aggressive in pvp with possession of some form of lethal compared to sorcs and nbs just as much as the later are equipped with options to play a support role. The argument that many make is under the ideology and expectation that sorcs shouldnt inherently be superior at dealing damage just because. Regardless of the current state of balance achieved, it is not a hard foundation that sorcs and nbs SHOULD be the strongest damage dealers in pvp by design, that is a complete falacy and that logic falls apart when you look at stam wardens and mag dks.
This discussion has been closed.