The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can someone at zos explain this to me

• TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »
    they have it hard to acknowledge because only 5% of population have this kind of issues at this level. We all have lags and freezes but not this high. I play Vivec pretty much and rarely i even get a bit of lag, never crashed too. And all the people i play with seem to do the same.

No you are undershooting that by a huge margin. Just look up the number of threads about performance... Oh man, one time i counted all the threads from only the first 2 pages of general and the first 1 page of tech support (i think it was anyway)... I made a thread about it... There were like 30-40 threads on those pages alone...

How about this.. Do you play on xbox? If so come to wayrest right now. Go to the undaunted area. And then ask who is lagging. Every single person here will tell u they are. I just had 2 people quit duels over lag. And if ur not on xbox then maybe its different where you are.. But over here almost everyone i talk to has these issues.

The fact that base game major cities have performance and loading issues (at least for a normal xbox one) is really disappointing. Hell, Alinor doesn't even load 90% Of the time.
    Edited by TheUndeadAmulet on August 14, 2018 2:43AM
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair most of your videos are at alessia when red owns it. Yellow definitely has a large presence nearby + red has a zerg already there plus your group of 15+. Cramming half the cyrodil pop at 1 keep. Just too much activity for 1 area.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    To be fair most of your videos are at alessia when red owns it. Yellow definitely has a large presence nearby + red has a zerg already there plus your group of 15+. Cramming half the cyrodil pop at 1 keep. Just too much activity for 1 area.

No I dont think any are at alessia. Chalmen, brk, and aleswell lumber.. Regardless half of those videos were from like 2am on a week day. No excuse for this. If they wanted to make open world pvp, in the way that they have, they should have known people were going to meet to battle at keeps and made the servers stable enough to handle it. And if they cant then something needs to be done..

And i was never in a group of 15. But regardless, expecting like 2-4 full groups to fight at a keep should have been foreseen (if not more, usually more). Thats 48 - 96 players. Even if im not at chalmen while those groups fight ill still get their lag near the bleakers gate or even closer to bleaklers... And its always worse when its pop locked.. 2am on weekday? And lagging like that? The person i was in the group with quit an hour before me because of how bad it was for him.

And im not disagreeing with you completely. Massive keep battles with all alliances is going to create performance issues. But it should never be to the point where you literally cannot play. They should have known and prepared for it. And 2-3 years ago it was never like this... Not at all and thats the issue.. The downward spiral of performance every update. Let me give you an example of how bad it gets..

Last midyear mayhem (before this one) there was a massive 3 way fight at brk. This fight got AD a 230k tick ( i believe ).. It went on for hours.. I could not set foot near that keep without crashing. I knew the tick would be high so i kept trying to fight outside of the keep.. You could barely even move and casting anything was hard to do. But as it went on there came the crashing. Hundreds of people crashing. The chat was full of it.. I could not even go past the brk lumber mill (coming from chalmen) without crashing. I think i crashed 20 -30 times within an hour... And while the crashing has improved the performance has not at all.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. That's even painful to watch...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I run ESO on it's own SSD on a PC where Windows is on a different SSD for performance reasons (not for ESO per se, but it ends up helping ESO anyway with loading, so the game and the OS aren't even sharing the same bus on the mobo), with a 6 core CPE overclocked to 5 Ghz and 16 Gb of RAM which likely makes a console seem like a calculator and I assure you I experience the exact same performance issues in Cyrodiil. Sometimes even while alone, far from a PvP objective, just riding past wolves and rocks. It's server performance, not your console. Though an SSD will almost certainly help loading times as disk read/write is really the only bottleneck that would make a difference. I'm not a console player but I'm rather shocked that the drives aren't solid state. Certainly seems like that would've been the standard for years now.
  • werzui
    werzui
    ✭✭
    that video was painful to watch and i think i got cancer watching this :s
    but honestly, don't get your hopes high because no one at ZoS is even playing this Game regardless if we speak about pc or consoles!
    the performance is just as bad on pc while fighting in open world pvp, and it does not matter how strong my pc is :sweat:

btw that levitate was just awesome, i give you that :wink:
    Edited by werzui on August 14, 2018 9:32AM
    ! . . .
    I once dreamed to be a powerful Cryomancer, then i woke up and a bear was licking my face ...
    "WTB Cryomancy, a Spellsword, intelligent Pets maybe?!"
    . . . ?

*About me:
    PC/EU Deutsch/German
    CP 830+
    Crafter master;
    Magblade main;
    Cryomancer wannabe;
    Spellsword wip;
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    I run ESO on it's own SSD on a PC where Windows is on a different SSD for performance reasons (not for ESO per se, but it ends up helping ESO anyway with loading, so the game and the OS aren't even sharing the same bus on the mobo), with a 6 core CPE overclocked to 5 Ghz and 16 Gb of RAM which likely makes a console seem like a calculator and I assure you I experience the exact same performance issues in Cyrodiil. Sometimes even while alone, far from a PvP objective, just riding past wolves and rocks. It's server performance, not your console. Though an SSD will almost certainly help loading times as disk read/write is really the only bottleneck that would make a difference. I'm not a console player but I'm rather shocked that the drives aren't solid state. Certainly seems like that would've been the standard for years now.

Thanks for the input. And ya you would think that especially on the newest xbox.. Pretty sure its a 1tb hard drive. Either way if it helps even in the slightest then ill do it.

Also i tried playing on PC for a while.. Got around 160 cp, got some gear, ran through vma in hopes of getting a 2h (got a resto) and then went into pvp. I experienced better performance in the time i played, however it was still the same overall performance issues. Just not as often. From then on i decided not to even bother grinding the cp on pc. Every other game on pc and xbox works fine. This game just has a dev team that doesnt seem to care about this stuff, sadly.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    werzui wrote: »
    that video was painful to watch and i think i got cancer watching this :s
    but honestly, don't get your hopes high because no one at ZoS is even playing this Game regardless if we speak about pc or consoles!
    the performance is just as bad on pc while fighting in open world pvp, and it does not matter how strong my pc is :sweat:

btw that levitate was just awesome, i give you that :wink:

Lol you arent the first to say that :)

But ya its pretty sad. Ive been posting these threads for, i believe, over a year and a half.. Ive seen thousands of threads go un answered. In fact i dont think ive ever seen a zos team member actually respond about ongoing performance issues.. Only threads about after update issues (and even that is rare)... Do you know how insane that is??? Holy ***. To just completely and utterly ignore the issue.. So ya i dont get my hopes up..

But i would 100% pay good money to get one of them to come play on console on any given weekend. Then tell me everything is fine with the game. I mean i have heard some of them say they play on PC but ive never heard any of them say they play on console. Or even come here to check on things lmao..
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People ask me why i never pvp.. Well your video is the poster child of why i never pvp..

Honestly why put yourself through all that daily is what i ask pvpers...
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »
    they have it hard to acknowledge because only 5% of population have this kind of issues at this level. We all have lags and freezes but not this high. I play Vivec pretty much and rarely i even get a bit of lag, never crashed too. And all the people i play with seem to do the same.

No you are undershooting that by a huge margin. Just look up the number of threads about performance... Oh man, one time i counted all the threads from only the first 2 pages of general and the first 1 page of tech support (i think it was anyway)... I made a thread about it... There were like 30-40 threads on those pages alone...

How about this.. Do you play on xbox? If so come to wayrest right now. Go to the undaunted area. And then ask who is lagging. Every single person here will tell u they are. I just had 2 people quit duels over lag. And if ur not on xbox then maybe its different where you are.. But over here almost everyone i talk to has these issues.

just how much of forum complains on performance? a third? and how much of player base uses forum? not even a third.
    And people will say they are lagging even in case of delay if they have 28 instead of 30 fps.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube