The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can someone at zos explain this to me

eso_lags
eso_lags
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
How is any of this okay? Please @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom do you all at zos have anyone that actually plays on console to see how things are going? More specifically in cyrodil? This video is a few clips from the one hour nightmare i had in pvp last night and a few clips from the end of the midyear mayhem... Why does it always get worse and never get better? I cant wrap my head around it..

Too bad i couldnt put the clips i have of some eps glitching through the wall at sejanus to take the keep.. Multiple times..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkwSy-vDAwI&t=30s
Edited by eso_lags on August 11, 2018 7:58PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Altough I agree that the lag in this game is way too bad and inexcusable. Like I have had my abilities do damage wayy too late and take a tone of damage at once.

A bit of that may be atrributed to specs too. Like for instance the resource one with the sorc, the debuffs were shown on your tracker but did not render, and it seemed really choppy. Its a lot better on higher powered systems.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie.... you turning Meditate into Levitate was pretty dope. Can we get that skill, plz ZOS?
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Altough I agree that the lag in this game is way too bad and inexcusable. Like I have had my abilities do damage wayy too late and take a tone of damage at once.

A bit of that may be atrributed to specs too. Like for instance the resource one with the sorc, the debuffs were shown on your tracker but did not render, and it seemed really choppy. Its a lot better on higher powered systems.

Ya that is defiantly possible for some of those clips. The problem is zenimax should have never put the game out on console if they werent going to update the servers or whatever causes this bad performance. I have (i think) the strongest console available. I have a gaming modem and router with high internet speeds. But even more to the point everyone i speak to is going through the same thing.

Its a game issue and it gets worse every single damn update.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not gonna lie.... you turning Meditate into Levitate was pretty dope. Can we get that skill, plz ZOS?

lol i know.. When it was happening i thought that would be the perfect time to cast it. Go into god mode and take no damage from the guards on top of it.
    Edited by eso_lags on August 11, 2018 8:54PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console hardware? And were you playing on vivec primetime?
    Edited by Aliyavana on August 11, 2018 9:05PM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Console hardware? And were you playing on vivec primetime?

No.. Last night when i played for 1 hour it was vivec at like 2am and it was terrible for me and the person i was with. Same issues. Just disgusting. This is the game we have.. Its unacceptable..

Most of the event was like that.. Normally it comes and it goes.. Obv its worse when its prime time but even 1am in a 2 bar campaign it still does that ***..

It just comes down to that you cant even be in the same map quadrant as these mega zergs. Even if theres a mega zerg battle at chalmen, and you're at bleakers or the gate, you're still going to get their lag... These servers weren't meant for this many people with this much CP and this many animations... and defiantly not on console... Thats my guess..

but i really want someone at zos to stream themselves playing like this.. *On xbox.. where i dont think a zos employee has been in years..
    Edited by eso_lags on August 12, 2018 12:36AM
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I only play PvP in Battlegrounds now. Much better performance, and I don't have to run around for 15 minutes trying to find something to do only to get insta-gibbed by a sorc or nb.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #GitGud
    #ItsYourInternet
    #L2P
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #GitGud
    #ItsYourInternet
    #L2P

>_< I hope you're trolling but i cant be sure... I HATE COMMENTS LIKE THIS... But if you're serious then no.. Just no..
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    #GitGud
    #ItsYourInternet
    #L2P

>_< I hope you're trolling but i cant be sure... I HATE COMMENTS LIKE THIS... But if you're serious then no.. Just no..

Probably just joking, but what does your setup consists of? Which Xbox are yout playing on? What's your Internet speed? Do you run an external SSD? There are many things to factor in, before I upgraded my Xbox and Internet I would see stuff like that at all times. Currently I'm running an Xbox One X, an external 2TB SSD, fiber Internet 1Gig upload and 1Gig download and nothing hooked to my Internet other than the Xbox, no WiFi or anything and I only see lag spikes during prime time in Vivec or Shor on Xbox NA. Buthe no matter what ZOS should have game masters play on Xbox and PS4 and PC more often, I know 2 months ago there where 2 game masters online on Xbox NA "videos floating around in some of the clubs on Xbox" but we should be seeing them more often.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #GitGud
    #ItsYourInternet
    #L2P

Probably just joking, but what does your setup consists of? Which Xbox are yout playing on? What's your Internet speed? Do you run an external SSD? There are many things to factor in, before I upgraded my Xbox and Internet I would see stuff like that at all times. Currently I'm running an Xbox One X, an external 2TB SSD, fiber Internet 1Gig upload and 1Gig download and nothing hooked to my Internet other than the Xbox, no WiFi or anything and I only see lag spikes during prime time in Vivec or Shor on Xbox NA. Buthe no matter what ZOS should have game masters play on Xbox and PS4 and PC more often, I know 2 months ago there where 2 game masters online on Xbox NA "videos floating around in some of the clubs on Xbox" but we should be seeing them more often.

Well first thanks for the advice.. And second let me explain something about the downward spiral of this game, then ill tell u my setup..

Back around thieves guild, up until one tamriel, i used to play on a 40mb download/2 upload connection on my 1st version of the xbox one... I never had ANY issues... Also i have a lot of friends in this game.. I keep an eye on chat.. Everyone of my friends gets this same lag.. Every single one.. I mean at LEAST one person i know rage quits because of it every day... Granted they come back after cooling off for a day or 2..

Also, with your speeds you should never be lagging.. Remember what i said about my connection in thieves guild..?

As far as my connection and setup goes i have an xbox one x and a gaming router and modem... I have 350 download and 15 or more upload.. Not the best speed in the world, however fiber isnt in ever area of the us.. And even though i live in a very urban area, it still hasnt reached my neighborhood... But my speed should be enough! Remember, never any issues on that garbage speed i used to have...

The game is just on a downward spiral.. But i do have a question.. You have an ssd, do you think that helps? Wouldnt that just be for storage? I mean i know it might help a little just by taking some load off my console (or i would think that it would) but did you notice a difference after u got it? I think ill have to try it. I mean ***, ive tried everything else for this game.. Its just broke..

And one more thing... If myself and others are lagging like i was in that video at ANY time, then zos needs to change something.. This is a massively multiplayer online game with open world ava pvp... If they didnt expect things to get this bad with all these high CP players running around cyrodil with crazy animations, then they should update something to get it on par with all the *** they're adding to this game... I would expect some lag at a massive battle but never not being able to use my abilities 75%, or more, of the time..

Ty for the advice again.

• eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #GitGud
    #ItsYourInternet
    #L2P

Oh and ya im hardwired to my xbox. And the only things on my network are my girlfriends cell phone, my xbox, and my PC... My xbox is the only thing directly connected.. And my xbox should have priority over the pc and phone.

• Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #GitGud
    #ItsYourInternet
    #L2P

Oh and ya im hardwired to my xbox. And the only things on my network are my girlfriends cell phone, my xbox, and my PC... My xbox is the only thing directly connected.. And my xbox should have priority over the pc and phone.

Try running an external SSD that should help you out quite a bit, I play on Xbox NA and stream on twitch as well during prime time in vivec it's 100% garbage for sure to many lag spikes so I don't stream during those times but for the mist parts not alot of lag or issues your having in those videos "only during the last *** up where everything was freezing in pvp" I'm lucky enough to have fiber Internet but I make sure not to be running anything other than the Xbox when playing ESO but yes for sure they need to work on improving there setup on there in. And I been saying it back since 1.6 when they gave away a million dollars they should have put that into improving the game instead of doing a giveaway like that.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to go ahead and throw this out there. As an EP attacking Sej when this happened, the postern wall was "repaired" but only the door showed as being up while the wall itself was still down and players on both sides could freely jump between the gaps. This allowed EP to jump into the outpost through a closed wall. At the time I thought it was a graphics error on my side but it turned out to be a server side issue that should have never occured in the first place.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least we get new content ,money is just more important for ZOS, instead to improve server lags etc.
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least in console players case, they can't use the "have you tried disabling addons?" excuse.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    Going to go ahead and throw this out there. As an EP attacking Sej when this happened, the postern wall was "repaired" but only the door showed as being up while the wall itself was still down and players on both sides could freely jump between the gaps. This allowed EP to jump into the outpost through a closed wall. At the time I thought it was a graphics error on my side but it turned out to be a server side issue that should have never occured in the first place.

Well the sad thing about it is that there are people exploiting this.. I wont say its only EP but i have only seen EP do it personally.. And if you remember the time that im specifically talking about then im guessing you saw me there? Or it was another time? Idk but ive recorded it a few times...

The other sad thing about it is that its difficult to distinguish who is and isnt exploiting it.. Ill take your word for it, that you didnt realize, but its not like my opinion matters... Either way I wouldnt worry about getting banned since zos most likely wont even ban the people who i have on video doing it multiple different times...

But lets be real here... If you see that ONLY the door is up, the wall is repaired, and that you can get in by hopping through a crack, then i would think most people would realize that something is wrong with the picture.. I would anyway... Either way, certain people are exploiting this to sit in an un-flagged outpost and kill players while they load in and then siege the outpost and take it from the inside... Its an annoying issue.

Oh and ill agree with you it should have never happened in the first place.. I truly believe that zos shouldnt blame players for issue they allow to slip through and then players find these issues.. Cheat engine and cheating is another story.. But thats not how zos sees it i guess... However if the same people want to do it in front of me on multiple occasions, kill me and tbag me, and then literally go through the wall again, then I would think they know they're getting reported but are confident enough that zos doesnt care... Unless of course its something like the VAS glitch where a ton of players complained.. Then they just perma ban everyone lol. None of it makes sense.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #GitGud
    #ItsYourInternet
    #L2P

Try running an external SSD that should help you out quite a bit, I play on Xbox NA and stream on twitch as well during prime time in vivec it's 100% garbage for sure to many lag spikes so I don't stream during those times but for the mist parts not alot of lag or issues your having in those videos "only during the last *** up where everything was freezing in pvp" I'm lucky enough to have fiber Internet but I make sure not to be running anything other than the Xbox when playing ESO but yes for sure they need to work on improving there setup on there in. And I been saying it back since 1.6 when they gave away a million dollars they should have put that into improving the game instead of doing a giveaway like that.

Yes. Like i said if i could run it back in TG, and not lag with that terrible speed, then you and me both should be able to run flawlessly at any time of the day..

But the really laggy stuff in the video (the last 3-4 clips i think) came from like 1 or 2 or 3 am on a weekday... It just depends what kind of fight you're at.. Obviously the bigger fights during prime time are a thousand times worse. And the other clips were from the mid year mayhem event... And i didnt even get to put in some of the worst clips from the event because oddly a lot of my clips vanished...

Regardless they need to fix this. This is so incredibly outrageous and scandalous that i cant even believe its gone on this long. They're just letting this game rot. Ive never played a game like this that just gets worse (when it comes to performance) every single update.. A steady decline.. But at least we can hope for a rock bottom where no one can play and they're forced to fix it.. Or hell, maybe even acknowledge that the damn problem even exists lol...

I would actually pay good money to see a zos employee/dev play on xbox for a week lmao... But anyway, when it comes to the SSD, you have an external one that plugs into the xbox usb? Or something else?
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll keep banging the SSD drum

Xbox 1 x with standard hard drive
    Port time from sky watch to grahtwood = 31seconds average

Xbox 1 x with SSD
    Port time from sky watch to grahtwood = 8 seconds average

This game is HDD intensive

• eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    I’ll keep banging the SSD drum

Xbox 1 x with standard hard drive
    Port time from sky watch to grahtwood = 31seconds average

Xbox 1 x with SSD
    Port time from sky watch to grahtwood = 8 seconds average

This game is HDD intensive

Well i never knew it was a big deal. Thank you both for the info.. i will 1000% be trying it out today..
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thread about buggy gameplay, EP gets blamed.

Why am I not the least bit surprised? Oh yes, after 4 years it's still the pact who abuses bugs and drops performance? How cute. >:)
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never encountered problems at this level on PC/EU
    that 5k comet hit was nice for the comet not even landed yet
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #GitGud
    #ItsYourInternet
    #L2P

Your SSD and what not doesn't matter. The GAME is broken. Not his console. If you'd had to have an internal SSD etc., that's not a console game. This console generation doesn't come with internal SSD's, and you can't ask people to void their guarantee etc. just to be able of playing a badly designed game.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thread about buggy gameplay, EP gets blamed.

Why am I not the least bit surprised? Oh yes, after 4 years it's still the pact who abuses bugs and drops performance? How cute. >:)

lol what? im not blaiming ep for anything other than THE SPECIFIC FEW eps that were exploiting a glitch in the wall of sejanus ... They were doing this to glitch through the wall and to take the keep from the inside. And not everyone there were people exploiting, some just didnt know... And on top of it i couldnt even put that in the video so its nothing really to do with this thread.. Just so you know.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    #GitGud
    #ItsYourInternet
    #L2P

Your SSD and what not doesn't matter. The GAME is broken. Not his console. If you'd had to have an internal SSD etc., that's not a console game. This console generation doesn't come with internal SSD's, and you can't ask people to void their guarantee etc. just to be able of playing a badly designed game.

Ya i agree with you 100%. I should still be able to play just fine with basic internet and a basic setup. The game is 100% busted and only gets worse every update.. But personally ill upgrade my setup if it has any chance of making it even a bit better... I mean if it helps with this game then it would help with any plus upgrading isnt a bad thing... So im going to try this ssd.. And see what happens.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    never encountered problems at this level on PC/EU
    that 5k comet hit was nice for the comet not even landed yet

Oh i know right. But of course its on my recap.. I think even the dot was.. Everything is just so delayed and laggy. You cant play competitively in a game like this when it is performing this bad..

Even in wayrest, as i type, people are complaining about it at the dueling area.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty bad... That whole thing with missing light attacks - I'm glad I'm not alone, in that, I thought I was just missing. Missing light attacks makes life pretty hard when my only means of killing people (most of the time) is to fear > soul harvest > merciless resolve > concealed weapon. Sometimes it's like merciless resolve never gets a proc, this might be why.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty bad... That whole thing with missing light attacks - I'm glad I'm not alone, in that, I thought I was just missing. Missing light attacks makes life pretty hard when my only means of killing people (most of the time) is to fear > soul harvest > merciless resolve > concealed weapon. Sometimes it's like merciless resolve never gets a proc, this might be why.

Ya i was just having a conversation with someone about this when it comes to 2h magblade... But depends on how the games performing i suppose... Ill be playing 2h magblade again tomorrow so ill see how that goes for myself..

It really is ridiculous that so many threads like this will go unanswered by zos.. In fact its hard to find a performance thread that has actually been acknowledged by someone at zos... Sometimes you think you find one but its just a forum mod scolding people... Sad.. They will ignore this issue until we are all running around with 2 fps and instead of thousands of performance threads there will be only performance threads.

I honestly have no idea what it will take for them to acknowledge this ongoing issue, or for them to do something about it, but i hope they do soon.. But ive been complaining about it and posting threads for at least a year and a half and have only gotten silence.. Except when an update comes out. Then they pretend to care and fix the issues that the update creates but always leave the core issue out of it. What a mess..
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they have it hard to acknowledge because only 5% of population have this kind of issues at this level. We all have lags and freezes but not this high. I play Vivec pretty much and rarely i even get a bit of lag, never crashed too. And all the people i play with seem to do the same.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    they have it hard to acknowledge because only 5% of population have this kind of issues at this level. We all have lags and freezes but not this high. I play Vivec pretty much and rarely i even get a bit of lag, never crashed too. And all the people i play with seem to do the same.

No you are undershooting that by a huge margin. Just look up the number of threads about performance... Oh man, one time i counted all the threads from only the first 2 pages of general and the first 1 page of tech support (i think it was anyway)... I made a thread about it... There were like 30-40 threads on those pages alone...

How about this.. Do you play on xbox? If so come to wayrest right now. Go to the undaunted area. And then ask who is lagging. Every single person here will tell u they are. I just had 2 people quit duels over lag. And if ur not on xbox then maybe its different where you are.. But over here almost everyone i talk to has these issues.