The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Duroks bane next patch

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
With the change from 10 to 5 seconds in time i am wondering if it will still be just as strong. Since the set has a one second cool down, i dont see a huge impact to this except for when an enemy is trying to heal and disengages now they will be good after 5 instead of 10 and be able to get on the offensive quicker, but if they had a dot on you its back on right? I am wondering if i should still use this set next patch. As of right now i dont really see a big enough difference to loose this set.
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEW:
    5: When you take damage, you apply Major Defile to the attacker for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds per enemy.

So it at most will have X<50% uptime.

So, if you have access to defile via ability, that'd probably be a better choice.

It's still alright, it'll save you a decent amount of resources I suppose (i.e.instead of hitting reverb every 4 sec )
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah its trash next patch, much better off having a templar or warden friens using defile through their skills. The set got changed so it can proc once every 8 seconds and lasts 4 seconds, but the cooldown is per person. Essentially you can maintain defile on everyone but only 50% uptime
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Omg i didnt see the nerf to the ground wow i thought it just shortened the time!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEW:
    5: When you take damage, you apply Major Defile to the attacker for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds per enemy.

So, if you have access to defile via ability, that'd probably be a better choice.

It's still alright, it'll save you a decent amount of resources I suppose (i.e.instead of hitting reverb every 4 sec )

I forget if the warden skill is a channel or instant cast.

I do know, aside from rangplars running DF behind groups, the warden spell is the most efficient use of the major defile from an ability come monday. (aside from running this set.)

Though if 2 players are running it, then its a waste of a slot since the debuff will not proc?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden’s defile corrupting pollen is definitely instant cast but it’s also a ground based ability and thus prone to failing when animation canceled, cced, or existing in high amounts of lag... record fail count is 8 times in one duel... absolutely infuriating to use due to its invisible mini cast time
    Edited by _Ahala_ on August 9, 2018 7:27PM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Yubarius wrote: »
    Nah its trash next patch, much better off having a templar or warden friens using defile through their skills. The set got changed so it can proc once every 8 seconds and lasts 4 seconds, but the cooldown is per person. Essentially you can maintain defile on everyone but only 50% uptime

or your DK frens...
    Minno wrote: »
    NEW:

I forget if the warden skill is a channel or instant cast.

I do know, aside from rangplars running DF behind groups, the warden spell is the most efficient use of the major defile from an ability come monday. (aside from running this set.)

Though if 2 players are running it, then its a waste of a slot since the debuff will not proc?

It's instant cast!
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s going to be useless next patch. Only nightblades will have long enough defile (6s) to not the player be free from defile whilst in execute range, unless you want to reapply reverb every 4s.
    So basically roll a nightblade, because that’s all ZoS ever buffs.
    Edited by Sky_WK on August 9, 2018 10:23PM
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »
    It’s going to be useless next patch. Only nightblades will have long enough defile (6s) to not the player be free from defile whilst in execute range, unless you want to reapply reverb every 4s.

I'm thinking about trying a Nightblade myself... and maybe using a bow. Pretty sick of all the Templar nerfs.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 9, 2018 11:49PM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

I'm thinking about trying a Nightblade myself... and maybe using a bow. Pretty sick of all the Templar nerfs.

Just not templars but my dk is taking a small break and I jumped on a stamblade. It's nice to kill things in pvp and get away. Plus a lot easier to play open world solo play.
  • Vencenzo
    Vencenzo
    ✭✭✭
    It's a buff if you're fighting larges amounts of people and the 1 sec cd was your bottleneck.
    This is actually a anti zerg change.
    I approve.
    Edited by Vencenzo on August 11, 2018 12:53PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duroks will be really bad now
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 11, 2018 1:29PM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zos balancing in a nutshell either its OP or useless there's no in between :^)
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vencenzo wrote: »
    It's a buff if you're fighting larges amounts of people and the 1 sec cd was your bottleneck.
    This is actually a anti zerg change.
    I approve.

Wait so as of next patch if 10 people hit you at one time they all get duroks bane debuffed instantaneously for 4 seconds? That could be good if you one bar it then - switch to duroks bane on backbar quickly to get a quick debuff and then go back to front and ulti dump.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder what all the players that got carried hard by this set will do, this nerf should have happend long time ago.
    Edited by amir412 on August 12, 2018 5:33AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    What about fasallas guile? If that works with befoul would it be a substitute, not as strong obviously but would it work?

I don't understand this though...

(5 Items) Apply Minor Defile to all nearby enemies, reducing their healing received by 15% for 2 seconds.

So only two seconds once in a whole fight? Or will it continue to proc over and over again if an enemy stays near you?

What about using a disease glyph? I use a staff, I know that disease does not get the benefit from the destro staff passive, which I think makes fire, shock, and frost have a 40% chance to apply the status effect when the glyph procs. However, I should still get a 20% chance to apply major defile when the disease glyph procs right? This is counter productive not to use a elemental glyph, but major defile is extremely strong. Do you guys think it is worth it?

After doing some reading I found that damage glyphs have a 4 sec cool down which I assume glyphs like fire, and buff/debuff have 10 seconds. Can anybody confirm this? If this is true a 20% chance every 10 seconds is horrible.
    Edited by WacArnold on August 12, 2018 6:10AM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a change coming to an existing set that gives major defile on strike. I imagine a lot of people will change over.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    There's a change coming to an existing set that gives major defile on strike. I imagine a lot of people will change over.

Ward of Cyrodiil: Redesigned this item set.
    OLD:
    2: Stamina Recovery
    3: Mounted Speed
    4: Max Health
    5: Increase the amount of damage you block by 8%.
    NEW:
    2: Weapon Damage
    3: Stamina Recovery
    4: Stamina Recovery
    5: When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Is this what your talking about?
    This looks nasty for stam characters, unfortunately does not really work for magicka characters. Honestly if they are going to keep a set that is so strong they should allow it to work for everybody. At least everybody could benefit from duroks this set creates more balance issues that duroks ever did imo, simply because its geared to stam only.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »

OLD:
    NEW:
    5: When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

This looks nasty for stam characters, unfortunately does not really work for magicka characters. Honestly if they are going to keep a set that is so strong they should allow it to work for everybody. At least everybody could benefit from duroks this set creates more balance issues that duroks ever did imo, simply because its geared to stam only.

That's the one. Sadly there are now no viable sets for defile as a magicka. We've been gimped again D:
    Edited by ellahellabella on August 12, 2018 3:40PM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the new Ward of cyrodiil is now 3/5sec and not 4/5sec if you look at the last PTS patch. So uptime won't be any better than Durok.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WacArnold correct, as long as they stay within range the 2 sec timer is reset
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    I believe the new Ward of cyrodiil is now 3/5sec and not 4/5sec if you look at the last PTS patch. So uptime won't be any better than Durok.

Maybe it wont be to bad, lol just hate how its stam only.
    @WacArnold correct, as long as they stay within range the 2 sec timer is reset

Thanks for confirming that, I was not sure how that worked.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »

OLD:
    NEW:

instead of sacrifycing your 5piece bonus for that defile, you can just run reverb bash and get another better 5 piece set ;)