Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Changes in ESO+ Rewards Retro Active?

fokusnik
fokusnik
✭✭✭
Do those who have already extended their subscription beyond the date the changes come into effect get the benefits of the changes? I only play one online game so when I renew PSN for a year I also renew ESO+ for a year. It would really be nice if those who show support a long time in advance don't feel left out of the new benefits.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d also like to know if being subbed for the past two years will enable loyalty rewards for benchmarks I’ve already passed
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've only been subbed for 4-5 months.. As i only returned then.. Kinda makes no sense to me everyone who currently subs should be getting rewards, isn't everyone paying the same monthly amount..
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol realy? Entitled much?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    I mean... we got a lot of free crates during events in the past few months so that counts for something.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think what the OP is referring to is if you have just recently purchased a 6 month subscription, does the change affect that purchase with increased crowns?

I would assume that any long term subscription purchases would.

The new monthly free item however is unlikely to be rewarded retroactively as there have been no previous rewards like this.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, thinking of this a different way, I think it could be fair to offer players who were there at the time some kind of benefit. If there's a way to track that, of course.

Like getting rewards gotten on PC transferred to your account on console, because you just missed the PC to console transfer deadline. Obviously you wouldn't get everything, but it would be nice to know that even if a player made a small mistake or just barely missed a deadline, ZOS still remembers them and rewards their loyalty.

Or like if players were the first on console, there weren't any exclusive loyalty type rewards. Might be nice to retroactively award those, but then to make sure it goes to everyone who was there, and not exclude say, PC players who still stuck with the game through that time.

Retroactive rewards could be done, and done well, the implementation would just need to be done very carefully, and only could be done really if ZOS still has records of all that data and all that data was specifically tracked back then.

As far as back counting ESO+ sub time... ehhh... probably not the way I'd go. Too many issues with that, players having missed a sub or something because they thought it would be okay to let it lapse for a bit because they didn't know it would count for loyalty rewards.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    I think what the OP is referring to is if you have just recently purchased a 6 month subscription, does the change affect that purchase with increased crowns?

I would assume that any long term subscription purchases would.

The new monthly free item however is unlikely to be rewarded retroactively as there have been no previous rewards like this.

I just renewed a few days ago, I’d be a bit disappointed if i and others got left out as a result
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watched the Quakecon ESO bit and I have the same question.

My sub renews in about 10 days and I'd like to know if I need to drop back to a month by month or a 3 month sub rather than the 6 month sub I normally do to keep from loosing out on the increased allotment of monthly crowns?

I would think that increased amount would be added for the months you've paid for but not yet used. That said, I'm not gonna assume anything, hence the question.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All this will do is make customers not want to sub because they know others get stuff they never will even if they did sub..
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »

What an odd response. Save the toxic comments for places where they make sense. The OP's question is quite reasonable.

As far as the question goes, I assume the OP will miss out on any crown increases since they don't have any renewals -- just a large number of ESO+ days remaining. They should get any loyalty rewards though since I assume those trigger off ESO+ being active on specific dates.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »

Stupid much?

OP had a reasonable question, and one that many want to know the answer for.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access