Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

new to eso

JLPM98191
JLPM98191
hi guys i decided to go dunmer stamina warden so im thinking of going dual wield and a bow while having a bear as a pet is that posible i chosse dunmer cause i dont know if ill be relying on stamina weapons or the magicka pet companions so can some one explain me a little of how warden works
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dunmer stamina warden is a bit like being a jamaican bobsledder.

Is it ideal? nah.

But if you're new to the game, it'll be so long before the minor weaknesses become apparent that you'll have already moved on to your second or third character by then anyway :)

Have fun with it :)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have any trouble with healing, make sure to try your healing tree ultimate, it's really effective :)
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • JLPM98191
    JLPM98191
    mmm so which race will you recommn for a warden stamina or magicka also can i do that have the bear and go stamina also how the warden get thei bear
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this web site. https://www.xynodegaming.com/

While they are not optimum or perfect builds, I believe he has great advice. I love the "simple" to plays he has to offer.

What are you looking for? While I suck at the game I can't give great build advice, all I can say is make a character that you will enjoy. If you don't mind spending money later on, you can always change your race if you are not happy with it when it's a high level.

I have restarted for over 4 years and found out that was a HUGE mistake. So while now it's easy to restart a new character, it sucks when they are leveled up high enough. So as I said, if you have a high character and wished the racial stats were different you can pay to change it.

Also you will see lots of conflicting ideas. There is no "ideal" situation since play styles, goals are different for everyone. If you want to play dunmer warden go right ahead. If you are only doing it to get the "best" stats then maybe it's not a good choice.

Reason I put "best" in quotes is because every time someone says something is bad, someone always makes it work.

So to get best advice, what is your play style, what do you like PvP, PvE, both, want to wreck players. Are you like to shoot from afar, be up close? Tank, heal, damage? All of them combined? None of what I said?

Good Luck. :)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    JLPM98191 wrote: »
    mmm so which race will you recommn for a warden stamina or magicka also can i do that have the bear and go stamina also how the warden get thei bear

Really would just depend on what you plan to do with it as far as pve or pvp. For squeezing the most of out min/maxing stam pve redguard, magicka high elf. Pvp Orcs are nice for stam.

At the end of the day though anything works.

But honestly i say just enjoy the game for now seeing your just picking up and starting. The rest will come as your play, learn and research builds. Find a cool/helpful guild to call home and everything else will fall into place.
    Edited by HiLyfe808 on August 10, 2018 12:55AM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dunmer is fine for a Stamina Warden as your first character. The bear is a summoned familiar and the Ultimate ability in the Animal Companions skill line. Focus on leveling that one to get your bear faster. Once you level the Ult and can morph it, choose the morph that scales with Max Stamina and Weapon Damage.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Try this web site. https://www.xynodegaming.com/

While they are not optimum or perfect builds, I believe he has great advice. I love the "simple" to plays he has to offer.

What are you looking for? While I suck at the game I can't give great build advice, all I can say is make a character that you will enjoy. If you don't mind spending money later on, you can always change your race if you are not happy with it when it's a high level.

I have restarted for over 4 years and found out that was a HUGE mistake. So while now it's easy to restart a new character, it sucks when they are leveled up high enough. So as I said, if you have a high character and wished the racial stats were different you can pay to change it.

Also you will see lots of conflicting ideas. There is no "ideal" situation since play styles, goals are different for everyone. If you want to play dunmer warden go right ahead. If you are only doing it to get the "best" stats then maybe it's not a good choice.

Reason I put "best" in quotes is because every time someone says something is bad, someone always makes it work.

So to get best advice, what is your play style, what do you like PvP, PvE, both, want to wreck players. Are you like to shoot from afar, be up close? Tank, heal, damage? All of them combined? None of what I said?

Good Luck. :)

How unusual. Sensible advice.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hi guys i decided to go dunmer stamina warden so im thinking of going dual wield and a bow while having a bear as a pet is that posible i chosse dunmer cause i dont know if ill be relying on stamina weapons or the magicka pet companions so can some one explain me a little of how warden works

I would suggest starting with a High Elf Magicka Sorc. Fairly easier than other classes to start with and relatively fun to play too. Their build can be effective in PvE and PvP without too much adjustment too.

Good luck @JLPM98191

alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-beginner-guide/

Edited by Odovacar on August 10, 2018 3:53PM