The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A good Tanky hard hitting Stamina class?

jam3s4343
jam3s4343
So ive been playing the game a bit now and have leveled up quite a few classes to level 50 cp is a little over 160 so i can start gearing em out now. Thing is im unsure about what i want. Im looking at stam dk stam sorc and stamplar. All are fun i love all of them equally but wanna focus on one right now. As the title says im looking for somthing tanky that hits hard too. Dawnbreaker musttttt be my main ult im a huge fan of dw and 2H so either one can be my main bar dont care much. Hope this helps. Thanks.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK is the classic tanky brawler class. Honestly though, any of those work. Personally I don't like to choose my class/race by what performs the best, but rather what I have the most fun playing. I play my sNB as a heay hitting brawler (5heavy) cause that's what I enjoy the most. :)

Leap is one of the coolest abilities in the game, IMO. So out of those 3 I'd choose sDK.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need a StamWarden. Tanky, hard hitting and with Dawnbreaker.
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    Stam dk is what i was looking to do thanks for your input.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam DK doesnt use Dawnbreaker but Leap and istn as tanky as stam Warden.

Stam warden also has better healing, more ult regen and hits harder.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam warden also has better healing, more ult regen and hits harder.

RIP DK...
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    Yea jus tthe only thing is stam wardens seem to just really use dizzying swing and shalks and i just feel those two abilities would bore me from using em only really. Plus venemous claws looks cooler haha and so does dawnbreak. Leaps cool but its just not dawnbreaker.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jam3s4343 wrote: »
    Yea jus tthe only thing is stam wardens seem to just really use dizzying swing and shalks and i just feel those two abilities would bore me from using em only really. Plus venemous claws looks cooler haha and so does dawnbreak. Leaps cool but its just not dawnbreaker.

Yep, this is where the, have fun and be good at whatever you prefer, bit comes in. Endlessly pursuing the meta is exhausting and not super rewarding IMO.
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    Yea thats why im tryna stay away from warden. It just doesnt seem all that fun to me and i can watch all the videos on it i even leveled one to 50 on console and i just couldnt. Stamblade seems cool but doesnt fit what im looking for. Thats why i asked about the other 3.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stam DK with something like fury/reactive/bloodspawn. Go to town.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    Would ravagers work on a stam dk or stamsorc or is fury/sevent hthe better option?
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina DragonKnight or Stamina Warden

Any class can use Dawnbreaker, as long as you unlock level 10 on the Fighters Guild skill line...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next patch you can go with werewolf. Not really a "class" by definition, but it´s an option to consider. Their heal is getting reworked to scale of your max health (instead of the current max magicka + spell-damage). It takes a bit of practice to get used to werewolf however, but it offers basically everything you seek for.
    Edited by Qbiken on August 10, 2018 9:13AM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this game is famous for “being anything you want” but you have to be really careful with your builds.

First thing you need to know is: not all builds work for every content, so you need to ask yourself:
    What do I want to play?

What you are describing sounds a lot like a PvP build. In PvP you need to be tanky enough not to die instantly, and ofc have enough damage to kill other players.

If you plan on playing PvE, however, you’ll find that such builds don’t tend to work well.
    In dungeons and trials, your group is composed of three roles:
    Tank: you need to keep aggro and survive, nobody will compliment your DPS
    Damage dealer: you need to kill stuf ASAP, nobody will compliment your tankyness
    Healer: obviously not your role

If you don’t plan on playing dungeons or PvP, you can build any way you want.
    Just know that when you enter a GROUP setting, some things are expected of you regarding your assigned role.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • jam3s4343
    jam3s4343
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    I know this game is famous for “being anything you want” but you have to be really careful with your builds.

First thing you need to know is: not all builds work for every content, so you need to ask yourself:
    What do I want to play?

What you are describing sounds a lot like a PvP build. In PvP you need to be tanky enough not to die instantly, and ofc have enough damage to kill other players.

If you plan on playing PvE, however, you’ll find that such builds don’t tend to work well.
    In dungeons and trials, your group is composed of three roles:
    Tank: you need to keep aggro and survive, nobody will compliment your DPS
    Damage dealer: you need to kill stuf ASAP, nobody will compliment your tankyness
    Healer: obviously not your role

If you don’t plan on playing dungeons or PvP, you can build any way you want.
    Just know that when you enter a GROUP setting, some things are expected of you regarding your assigned role.

Yea i see what you mean. I am planning to run some PVE of course but mostly want a pvp class/build. Alot of people here reccomend Stam DK but then i have others saying sorc.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorc is tankier when you look at the two in a vacuum. They move faster, have an additional self heal that scales with crits, and their class identity damage ability gives you major defenses.

If I'm going to solo something, I'd rather have the sorc.

That said, I've logged precious little pvp time on dk. I do pull more pve damage on a dk than a sorc however.