Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

My Stat is Overcharged??

crimsonBZD
crimsonBZD
✭✭
So, I made my tank some new armor, spent a couple skill points in Heavy Armor, and now it says my stat is "overcharged."

Does this effect my stat or any perks I have modifying my armor stat?

Else what does it really mean as far as gameplay? I don't think I need a warning to tell me I have a level 13 character with way too much armor.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is overcharged? If a stat is overcharged, it means it is so high (for your level) that the more points you put into it, the less you get.
    If you're overcharged in one thing (e.g. health/armour) it's often a good idea to try and increase another stat that you use.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    it means you reached the soft cap and anything above it is gained with diminishing returns. The idea is to keep people from over stacking certain stats and to encourage a more well-rounded character I think. It's just a notification that further gains won't be as beneficial as you are used to.

The overcharge warning comes the first time it happens to you, whether you are 1 or 50 or somewhere in between. My first overcharge warning came at 30ish. /shrug
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    A good video about Overcharging stats and the effects

In a nutshell having a "Overcharged" stat means you simply breached the softcap for your particular Race/Class/Level and the game is saying don't invest anything else or you wont gain much from it. Move on to another stat or change your armor around so you gain some benefits that way IE switch some light with a Heavy chest piece and enhance it with magicka regen so you still have good regen but gain the defense of a heavy armor piece, etc.
    Edited by dagnome on April 3, 2014 8:22PM
  • mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think the overcharge thresholds might be a bit low in some cases. I just noticed that my level 6 DK has armor overcharged. I have 5 pieces of heavy armor, and 1 piece each of light and medium. And only one passive that effects armor (Resolve rank 1, 5% increase). Nothing else is increasing that stat.

Removing a single piece of armor, even my level 1 light belt, gets rid of the overcharge. That is only 8 armor, so even without the passive buff, a full set of white level 6 heavy amor would overcharge the armor stat. I would expect to see overcharge with upgraded armor, multiple passives, and other buffs. But being overcharged with a partial set of basic white crafted armor and a single passive?
    Edited by mr_stealth_b14_ESO on April 4, 2014 2:51AM