The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Newish player who thinks outside the box seeks casual-friendly guild

Boredom
Boredom
Soul Shriven
So, newish? I played ESO a bit when it launched and wasn't impressed. I had heard the game was much much better and finally decided to give it another chance. And yes, its a much much improved game and I'm sticking around this time. So, I'd like to have some people to play with, so I believe a guild is in order.

Thinks outside the box? I understand that there is a meta, every game has one and most players stick to it. And I understand that mentality as I've had that same mentality at times. But I'm also a guy who likes to 'break' the game in other ways. I'm the guy who wants to find ways to do things that people say can't be done. I'm the guy who actually tanked in Vanilla WoW on a paladin and made it work(keyword: vanilla). And ESO's skill building system lends itself very much to that sort of thinking. Now I currently don't have any really off-the-wall ideas, but I don't want to hear from people about how that's not the best way to do it (as I said, I'm aware there is a meta); I want to hear, "here's some ideas I think that might make it work." I realize this eliminates me from any leaderboard seeking and I'm okay with that. I realize this might also eliminate me from any high-end raiding and I'm okay with that.

With that said though, I don't run bad builds. Its one thing to think outside the box and be below optimal, its another thing to try to make something work that just isn't going to happen. I've currently got a level 32 warden who can tank the content at his level pretty well and can also switch out armor and weapons and do pretty good DPS (I think? no Damage Meters here). As I said, I haven't thought up anything really outside the box yet. I just want a guild that's not going to just shut me down for trying something different and fun.

Also, I'm fairly casual. I have other games I want to play. I have a pretty good non-digital social life that I'm unwilling to give up. If I had to take a guess, I think I play around 12 to 15 hours a week. I'm mostly running story missions or slipping into dungeons because I just enjoy running instances (also wanted to get a few pieces of loot to finish out a set). I do a bit of crafting, but its not an emphasis for me, its something fun to do on the side. I haven't tried ESO's PvP yet; although, I might take a dive in there at some point.

So I'm looking for a guild that is the following:
  • casual
  • PvE oriented
  • Willing to play with someone who isn't looking to super-optimize
  • Fun

So, if you think I might fit into your guild, please contact me and we can talk... I tend not to commit on the first date. :wink:
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭

If you are new to trials, looking to get into trials (22k dps Craglorn)( 32kdps on 6mil for HM and above), or want to run vet trials. Ebonheart Defenders is looking for friendly team oriented players. We run Monday, Thursday, Friday Saturday gat 845est plus we run several normals. We have plenty of knowledge players that will help with Dps, tanking and healing plus teach mechanics . We also have regular DLC HM vet dungeon runs/Skin runs, VDSA, PvP in VIVEC and other events. We use the band App communicate/organize plus Xbox Club that we post pics, vids and achievements etc . If you are interested reply here or msg GT Bad Serpico
    Boredom wrote: »
    So, newish? I played ESO a bit when it launched and wasn't impressed. I had heard the game was much much better and finally decided to give it another chance. And yes, its a much much improved game and I'm sticking around this time. So, I'd like to have some people to play with, so I believe a guild is in order.

Thinks outside the box? I understand that there is a meta, every game has one and most players stick to it. And I understand that mentality as I've had that same mentality at times. But I'm also a guy who likes to 'break' the game in other ways. I'm the guy who wants to find ways to do things that people say can't be done. I'm the guy who actually tanked in Vanilla WoW on a paladin and made it work(keyword: vanilla). And ESO's skill building system lends itself very much to that sort of thinking. Now I currently don't have any really off-the-wall ideas, but I don't want to hear from people about how that's not the best way to do it (as I said, I'm aware there is a meta); I want to hear, "here's some ideas I think that might make it work." I realize this eliminates me from any leaderboard seeking and I'm okay with that. I realize this might also eliminate me from any high-end raiding and I'm okay with that.

With that said though, I don't run bad builds. Its one thing to think outside the box and be below optimal, its another thing to try to make something work that just isn't going to happen. I've currently got a level 32 warden who can tank the content at his level pretty well and can also switch out armor and weapons and do pretty good DPS (I think? no Damage Meters here). As I said, I haven't thought up anything really outside the box yet. I just want a guild that's not going to just shut me down for trying something different and fun.

Also, I'm fairly casual. I have other games I want to play. I have a pretty good non-digital social life that I'm unwilling to give up. If I had to take a guess, I think I play around 12 to 15 hours a week. I'm mostly running story missions or slipping into dungeons because I just enjoy running instances (also wanted to get a few pieces of loot to finish out a set). I do a bit of crafting, but its not an emphasis for me, its something fun to do on the side. I haven't tried ESO's PvP yet; although, I might take a dive in there at some point.

So I'm looking for a guild that is the following:
    • casual
    • PvE oriented
    • Willing to play with someone who isn't looking to super-optimize
    • Fun

So, if you think I might fit into your guild, please contact me and we can talk... I tend not to commit on the first date. :wink: