Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

StamDK still pretty new to BGs, couple frustrations - any advice?

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »

With swift jewelry trait in game there’s no reason not to be in heavy. DK is a healing-received class and heavy armor synergizes so well with that. You also need the extra mag regen from constitution to sustain the mag-heavy buff rotation.

Try using a vMA 1h to sustain mag if you have one lying around. It’s acrually really really strong, especially in no cp.

been running BP/Prisoners - infinite sustain. I do have vMA snb laying around but have been enjoying the dw/2h master's dw and prisoner battle axe. Plus - I use fossilize which would be worthless if snb reverb bashing. I guess i could give it another look.

Prisoners is clutch. Glad everyone is running it now!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He wasted his ult on you after grabbing the sigil?
    Ha

Oh definitely haha.

Killing and tbagging little old me who just started serious PVP less than a month ago must have felt pretty good to a player at the top of the NA trials leaderboards.

Edited by Left4Daud on August 7, 2018 6:13AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »

He wasted his ult on you after grabbing the sigil?
    Ha

Oh definitely haha.

Killing and tbagging little old me who just started serious PVP less than a month ago must have felt pretty good to a player at the top of the NA trials leaderboards.
    Those PvEers are salty hehe
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The strategy I use is to make sure I don’t run out of health, while at the same time trying to take away my opponents health.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    You just have to survive the initial attack. 9 times out of 10 when I can survive the gank with healing, shields, and pots, all that's left is to stun them (I use fossilize) then double whip and they should be pretty close to death. Stamblades are typically pretty squishy, as the idea is to spec everything into burst damage.

For a stam dk, I might even suggest wearing heavy armor... You won't deal as much damage, for sure, but there are some sets that will let you have pretty decent damage output, and in heavy armor, it'll be hard for gankers to take you out quickly. Then once their initial attack fails, CC them, put the dots down, and wail until they're dead, which shouldn't take long.
    Heavy armor is mandatory. So is wings. So is troll king.

i don't think heavy is mandatory - surprised u think so.

With swift jewelry trait in game there’s no reason not to be in heavy. DK is a healing-received class and heavy armor synergizes so well with that. You also need the extra mag regen from constitution to sustain the mag-heavy buff rotation.

Try using a vMA 1h to sustain mag if you have one lying around. It’s acrually really really strong, especially in no cp.

Seconding this, vma 1h/s affords me near infinite purging on medium stamplar without tri-pots.

I currently run GDB over obsidian shield to gain the majors and run speed/lingering pots along side that.

With all armor tri-statted, I have enough mag for volatile, about two -"o sh*t" GDBs and a fossilize or two.

Dual wielders, try running carve over obnoxious breath on the backbar. The dot tooltip isn't really exciting, but the minor heroism is. Ulti sustain is key on stamdk
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB