The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Limited Time / Cycle IS Silly...

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just spent $360 AU on games workshop stuff this week because there was nothing of interest in the crown store i spent on my other hobbies..

Because there is very little in the crown store ever.. so i don't buy anything.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Also, there was one limited time house, Pariah's Pinnacle, which was on sale for about a month last December. I have no idea whether that extended time-frame garnered more sales than the shorter ones.

Pariah's Pinnacle is back for the anniversary event!

Yes, I saw that last week! Which I think gives hope to those wanting to purchase Tel Galen. I mentioned in my previous post that they should offer it during a MW anniversary event next year. If Pariah's Pinnacle is any indication, it could happen (along with, perhaps, the Vivec Furnishing Pack - like the Malacath Furnishing Pack also coming back with the Orsinium anniversary). While we didn't get an anniversary event for MW this year, since it's now a DLC, hopefully it will get the anniversary treatment next year.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On one hand, I agree; it's silly of them to lock new players out of cosmetic content. Aesthetics are a huge part of the game now, what with the style system and other things available, so being able to create the perfect look you want, including mounts and costumes, is part of keeping people interested and enticing them to keep playing.

On the other hand, if they DO decide to leave or reintroduce more things to the Crown Store... They better change their interface in a hurry. Because it's cluttered and annoying to sift through as it is, and some of the things (in my opinion) are in counterintuitive categories. Not to mention, there are hundreds of mount recolors at this point, and having to wade through them all would be a nightmare with their current system. So in a way, they do kinda have limited shelf space; everything can't be on display all at once.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, this is very stupid.
    There are impluse buyers, but not that many people would impulse buy a $100 digital item and not all of them play since release without breaks... I've met newer players who were interested in buying those exclusive houses, but they obviously cant so ZOS wont get their money.

I have a bunch of crown store items and many of them were time-limited but I dont think that a "limited edition" label makes them more valuable. I simply buy whatever I like and I dont care how many players also bought that item. After all, digital items can be copied an infinite amount of times so they're not like real life luxury items.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    I know it is very profitable for ZOS to do these limited time offers, because people love exclusive stuff and you get those impulsive buyers as well. So I get why they do it.
    On the other hand I find it as many others annoying to miss several crown store items because of this. I don't have time each day to play the game, or the money to buy new stuff at all time. Some limited time offers are also very, very short (a few days) and you miss out a lot of that.

I know it is not realistic to just discontinue the limited time offers and make them unlimited, because they make a lot of money because of that. So maybe they need to find a way somewhere in the middle with items returning after a while, or making the limited time a bit longer. And make a bit more unlimited stuff for in the store as well, because most new stuff is limited time only now, which is a bit frustrating. It feels a bit unbalanced lately.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't playing when when Tel Galen was released and would like to buy it furnished.
    Edited by Emathides on November 18, 2020 12:04AM
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disagree 100%.

The Crown store would be a crowded cluster-derp if every single time an item was offered it stayed there in perpetuity. There needs to be time limits on special items, otherwise they wouldn't be special.