Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – August 2018"

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jazdia wrote: »
    Why does the Prong-Eared Grimalkin have 4 ears? Confused.

There are a few real-life kitties with that mutation that have made the news in recent years, they tend to go viral when people find them.

catfourb_792694c.jpg
  • LifenLemons
    LifenLemons
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at work on mobile, can someone let me knkw how many crowns the outfit is? :)
    Occasional Online Opinionated Flyby Conversationalist // Part Time Coffee Addict // Hobosapien // Casual Gamer // SAST
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    @Minyassa Thank you! I love cats, if it’s the right price I might have another kitty for the home.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minyassa Thank you! I love cats, if it’s the right price I might have another kitty for the home.

Same here, gotta give our toons the opportunity to be crazy cat ladies or lads. ;)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, a dragon-themed furnishing pack! :)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no female high elf costumes? I don't understand why they are being withheld.

Those costumes are unisex and "female" characters can wear them just as much as "male" characters. What's a "female" costume supposed to look like anyway? Mmhmm.

Stop trying to start a false debate. The poster clearly means the costume they have shown on a female model and which only females are wearing in Summerset. I, too, am bitterly disappointed to NOT see those DRESSES in the crown store this month.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    Still no female high elf costumes? I don't understand why they are being withheld.

Those costumes are unisex and "female" characters can wear them just as much as "male" characters. What's a "female" costume supposed to look like anyway? Mmhmm.

The noble female high elf costume was datamined a LONG time ago, in May of 2017 along with the Morrowind stuff. See "Altmer Female High Elf" under costumes on the first page.

Given how long it has been and the fact that it wasn't added to the CS in June, July, or August, I'm guessing they've scrapped the offering altogether. :(

Probably not actually. ZO$ is notorious for holding out on the costumes that clearly "go with" new zones. The beautiful robe a lot of the NPCs are wearing in TG did not come out until MONTHS after that DLC dropped.I think they just want to make sure we have more crowns by the time they want to sell those costumes to us after buying the DLC. Either that or they just really enjoy irritating the sweet bejesus out of us.

• Svalar
    Svalar
    ✭✭
    And what about this?
    Has it already been out on the crown store? Did I miss it?
    28q6zhhqawiz.jpg

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svalar wrote: »
    And what about this?
    28q6zhhqawiz.jpg

The suspicion from the mining of data and other clues was that something like the angry green psijic moose may be obtained by collecting things over the course of several festivals and events.

This may or may not be the case though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Svalar wrote: »
    And what about this?
    28q6zhhqawiz.jpg

The suspicion from the mining of data and other clues was that something like the angry green psijic moose may be obtained by collecting things over the course of several festivals and events.

This may or may not be the case though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

This better not be the case. I would rather spend the £30-£40 for an Indrik mount rather than collect pieces of it over 12 months! :neutral:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players: Why do we always have to buy stuff, why can't we earn a mount ingame?

ZOS: *adds something that lets you earn a mount*

Player: But...but... I want to buy it!

:D
    Edited by Yuls on August 1, 2018 1:26PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't help but wonder how this thing walks.. Maybe it just crawls as the front legs appear to be twice the length of the body!!
    1d42a246cf3ff1296ec3cf70dc7650e2.jpg

All I can imagine is a pet that follows you around looking something like this

tmg-article_tall;jpeg_quality=20.jpg
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    can we have a engine guardian or sentinel monster weapon set soon? I love all things dwemer. Also please release the dwemer colossus furnishing
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    [SUMMERSET SPOILERS]

So in Sotha Sil's workshop in Artauem, there's a full Dwarven Colossus hanging in a corner.
    6rd5nakxkwde.png
    232omjmqc3ea.png

It's hanging to the ceiling via a connector.
    tigay1wyls0k.png

Any chance we can get this big boy for our own housing in some way?
    nnqtiu90ebk5.png

This please!!!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm at work on mobile, can someone let me knkw how many crowns the outfit is? :)

@LifenLemons We usually don't get crown prices until the specific announcements that the items are available in the store.

However, since this would be the "high" tier male Altmer outfit, it's probably going to be 1000 crowns.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know its not, but it would have been cool if the dragon skeleton was animated like the skeletal dragon pets. I know its the one from the Artaeum vault.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    The weapon packs are becoming very uninteresting due to the elemental effects not being persistent.

Gonna get the firepot spider for my clockwork home, and it's 'meh' to the rest.

I like that the effect disappears when the weapon is stowed and appears when drawn. I know some people don't. Maybe they could add an option for persistent effects. Like the option for "hide helm".
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Why does the Prong-Eared Grimalkin have 4 ears? Confused.
    There are a few real-life kitties with that mutation that have made the news in recent years, they tend to go viral when people find them.
    catfourb_792694c.jpg
    moonio wrote: »
    I1d42a246cf3ff1296ec3cf70dc7650e2.jpg

They can hear your thoughts.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Show me the FELLRUNNER! Eeee-eeee!
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:43PM
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Great Daenian Hound is rather more reminiscent of Scooby Doo's cousin, Scooby Dum, than of Scooby himself. :lol:

WGEcyLe.png

Also, I'm somewhat tempted to buy the Alinor Ringtail and call it Oy... :grin:
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on August 2, 2018 5:59PM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was actually really looking forward to this Great Daenian. I was all set to buy it, and went to check out the preview.

eJc3jAD.jpg

And then he sat.

ZXw0Xa6.jpg

Just for reference:

great-dane-harlequin-sitting-front-260nw-58127023.jpg
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    I was actually really looking forward to this Great Daenian. I was all set to buy it, and went to check out the preview.

eJc3jAD.jpg

And then he sat.

ZXw0Xa6.jpg

Just for reference:

I had the same experience. I was all jazzed for a Great Dane.... until he sat down and I discovered he was a freakish mutant. So, another pass.

• Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Aeslief wrote: »

eJc3jAD.jpg

And then he sat.

ZXw0Xa6.jpg

Just for reference:

I had the same experience. I was all jazzed for a Great Dane.... until he sat down and I discovered he was a freakish mutant. So, another pass.

I love dogs so much, I decided to get him anyway. I have named it ‘Booby-Doo.’
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will also add that after purchasing and summoning him, he keeps freezing in the pose of the store screenshot. While he’s stuck in this pose, his head will move but his body is completely frozen

IqrOT2k.jpg
    Edited by Aeslief on August 6, 2018 3:05PM
  • Jinazai
    Jinazai
    ✭✭✭
    So where is the Furnishing set? Come come give me!
    If i can endure the inane prattle in chat, I can survive your assuredly erudite eluciations. Proceed.
  • ChickenSucker
    ChickenSucker
    ✭✭
    Can someone please clarify if the Molag Kena mask style page can drop from normal or just vet? As there is no mention of veteran in this article:

The Molag Kena Arms Pack will be available on all platforms for a limited time from August 29 to September 26 at 10am EDT. During the same time period, the Molag Kena Mask Style Page will have a chance to drop from the final boss in the White-Gold Tower dungeon, and the Molag Kena Shoulder Style Page will have a chance to drop from Urgarlag Chief-bane’s Undaunted Chest.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys I just wanted to make everyone aware of a weird texture issue with the new non-combat pet, the Prong-Eared Grimalkin. It has the potential to be suuuuch a perfect, cute little baby pet but the tail has some serious problems. I will try to explain. When he is sitting on the ground, the tail is not flush with the surface. Instead, it overlaps/melds with the ground and appears to sink into it a little bit (I didn't photograph this). I understand this is probably how they developed it to give it a fluffy look and for the most part it works... except, when his tail is in the air -- which it often is -- there is a weird black hole at the end of it.

This is how the cat looks just standing around with his tail in the air:
    PctMD8x.png

Stepping forward to get into a cat stretch pose:
    UsKalnX.png

Stretching:
    yquEJLQ.png

I was very close to buying this pet before I saw this thread by user @RaddlemanNumber7 and looked more closely at it in the CS preview.
    Edited by weedgenius on August 31, 2018 3:25AM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    Hey guys I just wanted to make everyone aware of a weird texture issue with the new non-combat pet, the Prong-Eared Grimalkin. It has the potential to be suuuuch a perfect, cute little baby pet but the tail has some serious problems. I will try to explain. When he is sitting on the ground, the tail is not flush with the surface. Instead, it overlaps/melds with the ground and appears to sink into it a little bit (I didn't photograph this). I understand this is probably how they developed it to give it a fluffy look and for the most part it works... except, when his tail is in the air -- which it often is -- there is a weird black hole at the end of it.

This is how the cat looks just standing around with his tail in the air:
    PctMD8x.png

Stepping forward to get into a cat stretch pose:
    UsKalnX.png

Stretching:
    yquEJLQ.png

I was very close to buying this pet before I saw this thread by user @RaddlemanNumber7 and looked more closely at it in the CS preview.

SIGH. ZO$ you desperately need a quality control department STAT! Like every month you release something that has something WRONG with it. WHY?