Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Getting a pink/purple glow on npc's and players now

SilentVigil
SilentVigil
✭✭
Getting a weird pink/purple glow on npc's and players now after reset. Anyone else experiencing this? /reloadUI , restarted game, restarted computer and nothing seems to fix it
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @SilentVigil - Could you try running a repair on your game client and see if that solves the problem?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Do I have to do that from the launcher? Because it currently wants me to download the game again and I can't do that with my data restrictions.
  • ndirector
    ndirector
    Exact same problem. Pink people and launcher is apparently re-downloading the game again. Only it's freezes at 0%. I can launch the game thro the root folder but I get the nice pink people to annoy me.
  • ndirector
    ndirector
    And not the just the pink people but also the sound is messed up.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Yes I am having issues with the sound as well. I looked at all the data files and it doesn't appear that anything was updated so I am not sure why this is happening now. I played beta and early access with no issues like this.

I am currently updating an older version that I had backed up while I wait for hopefully another solution

Also, since my Launcher is back to the Install button there doesn't appear to be any way to manually repair. I tried the Game consultant as well - no repair option. Am I missing something here?
    Edited by SilentVigil on April 3, 2014 11:50PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting a weird pink/purple glow on npc's and players now after reset. Anyone else experiencing this? /reloadUI , restarted game, restarted computer and nothing seems to fix it
    @SilentVigil Best to backup your current install then:

Launcher the Launcher. Pause it then open Options (top right cog icon) and click Cancel.

Now return to window and from the Game Options drop down menu (next to install on left side window) select Repair. Let it run and verify the install.

Now the server is up it should verify your install, perhaps add a few small updated then Complete and be ready to use. Also as @ZOS_JessicaFolsom suggests hopefully it has repaired any corrupt texture causing this.

Launch via Launcher if it is working (It should worked for me and some others) and check again.

If not try these things one at a time.

Edit: Bloom or Ambient Occlusion do not do what's in the photo ;)

Can you provide your System details including OS X version which can help find a cause;

Apple icon (top left of menu bar) > About This Mac > More info…

What location are you in?

After these still do not help try to remove the ShaderCache.cooked file from:
    ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/ShaderCache.cooked

If you have EU install it is liveeu folder name. Launch and test.

If it still doesn't work submit a ticket and ;bug and post back here.

Good luck.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 4, 2014 12:28AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ndirector wrote: »
    Exact same problem. Pink people and launcher is apparently re-downloading the game again. Only it's freezes at 0%. I can launch the game thro the root folder but I get the nice pink people to annoy me.
    Try the steps I posted to OP. By cancelling then Repairing it should not verify correctly and stop the loop install. This also may well resolve the texture issue.

If not please go through that list also.

Good luck.

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please also follow the steps described in my response to the OP. This may well also resolve your audio issue which is usually some corruption in the audio files in vo_en.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    @Moonraker My Launcher now has a install button and is not currently trying to download. I did the first couple steps but do not see a game options and my install button I have is on the right side of the window. We are talking about the launcher still right?

See image below
    Edited by SilentVigil on April 4, 2014 12:03AM
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Moonraker My Launcher now has a install button and is not currently trying to download. I did the first couple steps but do not see a game options and my install button I have is on the right side of the window. We are talking about the launcher still right?

See image below
    See my instructions to try in the other thread I hope can help sort that.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    As for the other items:

Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
    Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
    Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Number of Processors: 2
    Total Number of Cores: 8
    L2 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB
    Memory: 6 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05
    SMC Version (system): 1.25f4

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5770
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    Slot: Slot-1
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
    Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x68b8
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    ROM Revision: 113-C0160C-155
    EFI Driver Version: 01.00.436

I've tried turning on and off all the graphical settings nothing changes it. I'll add a screenshot of what it looks like.
  • ndirector
    ndirector
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Try the steps I posted to OP. By cancelling then Repairing it should not verify correctly and stop the loop install. This also may well resolve the texture issue.

If not please go through that list also.

Good luck.

Currently repairing. I'll keep you posted. Thanks
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for the other items:

Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
    Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
    Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Number of Processors: 2
    Total Number of Cores: 8
    L2 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB
    Memory: 6 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05
    SMC Version (system): 1.25f4

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5770
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    Slot: Slot-1
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
    Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x68b8
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    ROM Revision: 113-C0160C-155
    EFI Driver Version: 01.00.436

I've tried turning on and off all the graphical settings nothing changes it. I'll add a screenshot of what it looks like.
    Thanks for posting system spec.

Thing that jumps straight out is that it looks like a dual CPU Mac Pro? If it is then it's unsupported currently (see Known Issues sticky on this section) It can cause black screen at pressing Play and other issues i game even if you do get in.

There are however possible workarounds which could help. However it appears you have already been playing and apart from the colour issue and Install right now, is this the case? Sorry if I missed you posting about it before but it's better to confirm now. it is a little confusing because it says Quad model which I read is single CPU but the report says 2 processors.

Let me know before I post more on that.

Confirm please and otherwise try the Launcher stuff.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Well I finally see the game options menu - not sure how I missed that but haven't got the repair option - will keep trying.

I have been playing this game from beta through early access till today with no issues like this
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Been a long day - started with my main being trapped in a rock in Cyrodiil and you can't use /stuck in Cyrodill and my guest campaign is on 10 hour timer and no one seems to know what to do in support and then give up and start a new character and then the servers go down and now this lol
  • ndirector
    ndirector
    [/quote]
    Thanks for posting system spec.

Thing that jumps straight out is that it looks like a dual CPU Mac Pro? If it is then it's unsupported currently (see Known Issues sticky on this section) It can cause black screen at pressing Play and other issues i game even if you do get in.

There are however possible workarounds which could help. However it appears you have already been playing and apart from the colour issue and Install right now, is this the case? Sorry if I missed you posting about it before but it's better to confirm now. it is a little confusing because it says Quad model which I read is single CPU but the report says 2 processors.

Let me know before I post more on that.

Confirm please and otherwise try the Launcher stuff.
    [/quote]

At first I couldn't run the game and apparently because of the DUAL CPU problem. I got around that by using Xcode and reducing the active processor cores to half, in my case 12. (made a quick video explaining what I did http://youtu.be/68B1s4RR_zA)

I have a Mid 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core. After I did that the game ran beautifully until the servers went down for launch. Now I have the purple glow and messed up sound. Still waiting for the repair to finish. Fingers crossed.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Yeah I don't think this has anything to do with dual CPUs as I have stated the game has been fine until the server restarted - something got corrupted just need to get it fixed.
  • ndirector
    ndirector
    SUCCESS!

Ok finished Repair after following the instructions and now it's working fine again. Been playing for 5mns. So far so good. Should be working for more people now I hope.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Good to hear. I hope I am right behind you
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please also follow the steps described in my response to the OP. This may well also resolve your audio issue which is usually some corruption in the audio files in vo_en.
    SUCCESS!

Ok finished Repair after following the instructions and now it's working fine again. Been playing for 5mns. So far so good. Should be working for more people now I hope.
    We have a winner! Very glad to hear it resolved it for you.

As you both have the dual CPU Mac Pro and I have never seen that issue before I would suspect there is a link. But fingers crossed, a Repair will also get you sorted @SilentVigil.

• SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    I believe it will as well and thanks again for your help mate.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Well, it said it was repairing but as soon as that was done it wiped the datafilee and started downloading. I'll try my save copy but otherwise I'll just have to update my older version...
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it said it was repairing but as soon as that was done it wiped the datafilee and started downloading. I'll try my save copy but otherwise I'll just have to update my older version...
    It's some real issues with the Launcher still with all this. Most times you would have had it done. All I can say is keep trying and good luck.

If you get stuck on anything else post on it too. I'll check in a bit.
  • anthemik
    anthemik
    I'm having the same issue with my Win8 PC. It's also a Xeon however with "2 processors." I would guess this is part of the issue since I haven't encountered anyone else with the same problem.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    @anthemik Maybe but I wonder why this is happening now when basically nothing game content wise was added today and I have been able to play with no issues before - outside of the crashes everyone has been getting.

I believe something got corrupted during this last patch process and after repair at least ndirector is back with his 2 processors. I'll report back with my latest attempt after it is completed.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    anthemik wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue with my Win8 PC. It's also a Xeon however with "2 processors." I would guess this is part of the issue since I haven't encountered anyone else with the same problem.
    Same pink issue? I am guessing it is related. Though it seems at least for one guy once Repaired and with Mac workaround he was OK.

I am not sure what you could use on PC but othe workaround on a dual CPU Mac Pro is using Apple's developer tool XCode and one of it's apps to disable the cores on one of the CPU, which allows it to run presumably as it is now effectively single CPU. The thread is here for reference.
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    So I repaired the back up version - the launcher still said update after this and I didn't select that at this point. Loaded the client and still pink. Oh well.. I am updating my old client now and calling it quits for the evening. Hopefully tomorrow everything will be sorted.
  • anthemik
    anthemik
    anthemik wrote: »
    Same pink issue? I am guessing it is related. Though it seems at least for one guy once Repaired and with Mac workaround he was OK.

I am not sure what you could use on PC but othe workaround on a dual CPU Mac Pro is using Apple's developer tool XCode and one of it's apps to disable the cores on one of the CPU, which allows it to run presumably as it is now effectively single CPU. The thread is here for reference.

Yes, the pink/purple issue, where many textures are replaced with a pink surface and a black X through the texture, similar to the screenshot above. For the most part it's only on some of the character models, but occasionally the surrounding terrain and structures. The repair process didn't solve the issue. I'll look for a PC workaround.