The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Race for RPing a master thief/assassin?

Cyngar
Cyngar
Just looking to have some fun as thief and assassin. So my main focus with be on TG and DBH. What race would best fit this style of playing?
  • StormRaven
    The two best races for stealth play, given the passive skill lines, are both in the Aldmeri Dominion: Khajiit and Wood Elf. Beyond that, I'd probably go with Dunmer or Argonian for Ebonheart Pact and Redguard for Daggerfall Covenant.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoodElf
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Jack_Of_Shades
    Jack_Of_Shades
    ✭✭✭
    StormRaven wrote: »
    The two best races for stealth play, given the passive skill lines, are both in the Aldmeri Dominion: Khajiit and Wood Elf. Beyond that, I'd probably go with Dunmer or Argonian for Ebonheart Pact and Redguard for Daggerfall Covenant.

However, if you can play any race any alliance, have at it!
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit Is the #1 best race for TG and DBH, best armor sets to use with a Khajiit Nightblade are Night mothers embrace (dropped in deshaan) and Night Terror. (Dropped in stormhaven.)
    be sure to max legerdemain alongside the thieves guild & dark brotherhood skill lines.

turn a Khajiit Nightblade into a vampire for the dark stalker passive which ignores movement speed penalty of sneak, and you will undeniably be the best thief/assassin in tamriel, almost equal to that of the Purring Liar himself.
    (I know because I use this setup myself & I broke into 2 master safeboxes in bangkorai bank without being detected at all.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    Khajiit Is the #1 best race for TG and DBH, best armor sets to use with a Khajiit Nightblade are Night mothers embrace (dropped in deshaan) and Night Terror. (Dropped in stormhaven.)
    be sure to max legerdemain alongside the thieves guild & dark brotherhood skill lines.

turn a Khajiit Nightblade into a vampire for the dark stalker passive which ignores movement speed penalty of sneak, and you will undeniably be the best thief/assassin in tamriel, almost equal to that of the Purring Liar himself.
    (I know because I use this setup myself & I broke into 2 master safeboxes in bangkorai bank without being detected at all.)

nice, ty for the response!
  • Ansuzgardaraivo
    I recommend Nord. Because it's less obvious and it's ultra fun.
    Khaos Keraunos Kybernetos
  • xylus289_ESO
    xylus289_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's Argonian Vampire named Hails-to-Sithis.
    ps: have you ever played DB on previous games to recall characters or NPC's that remind you of DB? i picked what i picked based emotional attachment to previous games.
    Edited by xylus289_ESO on August 8, 2018 8:59PM
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • AL16
    AL16
    ✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »

I do the exact same thing on my khajit nightblade. But only because I want to run through literally every quest(Since I'm sort of a quest guy) without getting into a single fight. Well unless the game forces me, then maybe I'll ult the boss.
    Joined 2015, didn't play a lot and quit. Returned recently
    Stamblade main, trying out other builds atm.