Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you manage inventory without the crafting bag?

Tygerfire
Tygerfire
✭✭
I remember playing ESO early on before the crafting bag, and honestly I can't see how I did it. Ever since it became part of eso Plus (one tam update?), If i'm playing the game, I'm doing it with the crafting bag.

A few months ago, I abandoned my empire on the X1, and restarted from scratch on the PC (and not regretting it one bit) and thus I switched my eso plus over as well. Occasionally I log back in to my x1 but I find myself unable to function with a constant filled inventory.

So I'm just curious for those who don't use plus, what methods do you use for inv management. Is it as simple as using other characters as mules? Or do you just sell everything and not use the crafting system? I've also thought with the addition of the storage chests, you could potentially use that as your crafting bag.

Reading some of the other eso plus threads on the front page got me thinking about this, so was just curious about your opinions and how you do it. Thanks.
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 'private' guild bank, for less commonly used mats, filled up my regular bank with more commonly used mats, and put any gear on toons (with 20 or so free spots on each one). Oh, and I had a dedicated enchanting toon and a dedicated provisioning toon.

Other than that I bounced a lot of mail. I much prefer having the crafting bag. I'm a huge hoarder.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one even get a "private" guild bank ? Don't you need 10 people to form a guild ?
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mules.
  • Malcadicta
    Malcadicta
    ✭✭✭
    I usually store very little gear anywhere, put common crafting mats into bank space... And that's it. Other then that I suffer and run to merchant every 15 minutes to sell crap.
    @Malcadicta - PC EU
    Malamhin - dd magsorc Dunmer (main)
    Maladict Temperance - healer magplar Altmer
    Malifer Viridi - tank magden Bosmer
    Malafas Mastiphal - healer magblade Dunmer
    Malady-Not-Talked-About - healer magden Argonian
    Manutri'Tion - dd stamblade Khajiit
    Malatesta the Fourth - tank magdk Redguard
    Malcadh - healer magcro Altmer

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my crafting stuff is on my CrafterBlade
    Except the runes needed for writs, Alchemy stuffz, refined and raw mats which go to the bank

Itacira wrote: »
    How does one even get a "private" guild bank ? Don't you need 10 people to form a guild ?

Nope, you can create your own guild by yourself. But you do need 10 members to get the Guild Bank
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tryxus Oh, that's right ! Still, if it's a private bank, how do people do it ? TELL ME YOUR SECRET *u*
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Private guild bank for unbound sets and other stuff.

480 set items BoP or already used stuffed into bank during ESO+ promotion.

All mats stuffed into bag during ESO+ promotion.

360 slots of housing inventory for daily use.

One mule for mats. I deleted the other one when I purchased the chests and maxed my bank.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't. I quit the game because of it.

Having 7 alts acting as mules, limited space, and definitely limited personal inventory was a futile fight against the idiotic design of the game where elements stacked up to 200 (and this still hasn't been fixed to this day!).

Constantly logging out, back in, just to grab items was just too much. Researching was a [censored] nightmare trying to save all the items with the traits yet to be learned.

All this frustration led me to say "f[censored] you, ZoS. I'm gone!"

It wasn't until 1T came out that a few friends contacted me to say the game was better. I reluctantly logged in and notice the game had changed drastically. I immediately subbed and got notice "all my mats were moved to the craft bag", freeing up more space than I know what to do with. Despite having 400 slots in the bank, I barely hit 150 items.

Gone are the mules, but 1T came with its own set of problems. Now that I was "back", I was sorely well behind the curve now that my sorc went from "Vet" to "CP". Most of my traits were unlearned, which meant I couldn't even craft basic sets.

This lead to the second frustration, and I left again, shortly after Morrowind was released.

This is my third time returning and I'm finding myself approaching the wall of frustration yet again.

4 years, and yet so much has not been fixed in the game which makes it a chore to play at times.

• fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    @Tryxus Oh, that's right ! Still, if it's a private bank, how do people do it ? TELL ME YOUR SECRET *u*

I got people that quit the game or primarily played on EU to log on and join my guild. And then I gave just my accounts access to deposit/withdraw stuff.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with a crafting back you can not win the inventory management game.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I spend hours logging in and out of each character that stores stuff.
    PS5 EU.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Most people recruit lots of players to their guild during the free play weekends then cut off access to their guild bank after that & hope that 10 players stay
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tygerfire wrote: »
    I remember playing ESO early on before the crafting bag, and honestly I can't see how I did it. Ever since it became part of eso Plus (one tam update?), If i'm playing the game, I'm doing it with the crafting bag.

A few months ago, I abandoned my empire on the X1, and restarted from scratch on the PC (and not regretting it one bit) and thus I switched my eso plus over as well. Occasionally I log back in to my x1 but I find myself unable to function with a constant filled inventory.

So I'm just curious for those who don't use plus, what methods do you use for inv management. Is it as simple as using other characters as mules? Or do you just sell everything and not use the crafting system? I've also thought with the addition of the storage chests, you could potentially use that as your crafting bag.

Reading some of the other eso plus threads on the front page got me thinking about this, so was just curious about your opinions and how you do it. Thanks.

The addition of storage chests has helped me a when I unsubscribe. It gives me a lot more space in my bank since I no longer have to store my extra gear sets there.

Other than that - I usually carry all my raw materials and plants on me and store everything else in my bank. That leaves me with roughly about 100 open inventory slots to work with. But I'm not going to lie - when I play off subscription the one thing I miss most is the crafting bag.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 1, 2018 12:14PM
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to throw out a bunch of stuff simple. The craftbag should be part of the base game but obviously they are gonna use it to get subscriptions. At the least they should allow loot filters for stuff you do not want to pick up. No one is gonna go through every single lootable thing and cherry pick each item except for that dude in stros mi qai that never grabs all of a node and leaves whatever in a chest, who knows maybe he doesnt sub.
    Xbox One Na
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess would be they are just using the bank of dead guilds that people have quit.

So that's not really an accessible solution for most.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 1, 2018 12:16PM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't. My inventory is a fluid, it always takes all the available space.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First, get all storage coffers - these will hold sets or things you sit on for future sales
    now for bank:
    • Dont store any lower tier materials
    • Dont store any unrefined materials (keep them in crafter inventory)
    • Dont store any weapon/armor traits (helps stocking on them when eso+ event is happening to move them)
    • Dont store any provisioning materials (except purple, gold)
    • Keep reasonable amount of stacks of top tier materials
    • Dont store alkahest
    • Dont store TA rune (stock on it and get it moved to craft bag when times comes)
    • Periodically try to sell style materials

Keep alternative sets on characters that need em. Put furnishing in empty houses (buy one if need to). Split your activities between characters - dont have your crafter also be your main pve char or main pvp char - helps greatly if you can just stack sieges and geodes on your pvp char(s) and your pve char(s) have free inventory to actually loot things.

And thats how you can manage without craft bag and without mules.
    Edited by SodanTok on August 1, 2018 12:27PM
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you cant affort 13 euro/month you should play something else.
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    Same way I did b4 the crafting bag!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    First, get all storage coffers - these will hold sets or things you sit on for future sales
    now for bank:
    • Dont store any lower tier materials
    • Dont store any unrefined materials (keep them in crafter inventory)
    • Dont store any weapon/armor traits (helps stocking on them when eso+ event is happening to move them)
    • Dont store any provisioning materials (except purple, gold)
    • Keep reasonable amount of stacks of top tier materials
    • Dont store alkahest
    • Dont store TA rune (stock on it and get it moved to craft bag when times comes)
    • Periodically try to sell style materials

Keep alternative sets on characters that need em. Put furnishing in empty houses (buy one if need to). Split your activities between characters - dont have your crafter also be your main pve char or main pvp char - helps greatly if you can just stack sieges and geodes on your pvp char(s) and your pve char(s) have free inventory to actually loot things.

And thats how you can manage without craft bag and without mules.

A lot of good advice in this post.

I should have mentioned to sell off lower tier materials. That's pretty much a must.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use ALTs with bags maxed
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gresiac wrote: »
    If you cant affort 13 euro/month you should play something else.

@gresiac there's no reason at all people should pay for a subscription in order to properly play a game they've already bought, and I have no idea where you feel you have the right to tell people what they should pay and/or play, but you really should rethink that specific life choice for fear of looking like a complete tool.
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you dont want to subscribe thats ok, dont whine then If you dont have the crafting bag or other stuff.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do like a lot of people do. Buy the crafting stuff you need from Guild Stores.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At start we had what? 3x the number of provi ingredients; runes didn't stack properly; items didn't stack the way do now etc... LOL fun fun xD As a person who likes to pick up anything not nailed down, it was a lot of juggling, but not to the point of quitting the game, sheesh. I appreciated things like not having to have craft items actually in my bags, and not having to put the items one by one into the craft station (yeah, I'm old). Also, am an altoholic anyway, so 'mules' were actually played, and when delving, bouncing mail was always the thing to do.
    PS: Any on PC having inventory probs there are actually addons that filter loot for you.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully upgraded bank, inventory, carrying capacity .
    As well as every storage chest.
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of mules. now I can get by with one mule lol
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a guild bank all to myself. The people in my guild haven't logged into their accounts in years. It used to be a trade guild, but I got tired of managing it. Had to let it go. Felt like a full time job at one point. All I did was micro-manage spreadsheets almost all day everyday.

I also have alts that I store one type of goods on. For example, I've stored most of my undaunted sets on one character. Then on another character I keep sets I may use again in the future (training/leveling sets, gold gear, etc.)

In the future, I plan on getting storage containers for my house. Maybe I'll keep all my alchemy mats there or something. Haven't decided yet.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without ESO+, I manage my inventory by playing other games.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mules. I had one for Provisioning, one for Alchemy and Enchanting, one for Gear mats, one for Misc stuff. Kept current mats on my crafter.

Also, even though I have the crafting bag, I still have the mules, they just carry other stuff.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"