Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We wanna go for emp

OrphanHelgen
OrphanHelgen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Could you be so kind and ban the IC flag flippers now and not after the event is done? We really want to have a reason to take the emp keeps, ty.
PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do not gain AP faster flipping flags in IC than you do running in a group in Cyrodiil, capping keeps, resources and killing players. Anyone flipping flags to try and maintain AP leads is doing it wrong. Ive farmed AP to maintain leaderboard status for the chase for emperor and I got emperor. I did not do it flipping flags in IC!

This is such a rediculous notion.
    I spent the first 3 days of the event in IC. I did not see any flag trading going on.
    I did not see people runniing circles around the districts just flipping flags

This is what I saw, ALL Of which is intended for game play in IC
    I saw groups running from district to district doing the dailies, and killing the bosses and flipping flags
    I saw solo tel var farmers
    I saw solo and duos trying to kill groups and soloers for Tel var and cause its PvP
    I saw people doing the pre-daily quests
    I saw people flipping flags and stealthing to ambush people coming to take the flags

If you want emp, get a group and work for it in Cyrodiil like everyone else did/does

Edited by Katahdin on July 31, 2018 11:37PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have always thought that having these populations tied together was a less than stellar design choice. I meanni get why, but don't agree with it. Once you go into the dlc of Imperial City you should no longer count towards the Cyrodiil servers pop. When you decide to come out, if your faction is locked, back into the queue for you.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    You do not gain AP faster flipping flags in IC than you do running in a group in Cyrodiil, capping keeps, resources and killing players. Anyone flipping flags to try and maintain AP leads is doing it wrong. Ive farmed AP to maintain leaderboard status for the chase for emperor and I got emperor. I did not do it flipping flags in IC!

I spent the first 3 days of the event in IC. I did not see any flag trading going on.

I saw groups running from district to district doing the dailies, and killing the bosses and flipping flags
    I saw solo and duos trying to kill groups and soloers for Tel var and cause its PvP
    I saw people flipping flags and stealthing to ambush people coming to take the flags

If you want emp, get a group and work for it in Cyrodiil like everyone else did/does

Well I don't see the top AP gainers in cyro, and whatever is the most benefitial AP gain, IC has nothing to do with cyrodiil so I don't see a reason to keep these two together anyway.

• modaretto
    modaretto
    ✭✭✭

As far as i understood the point of the post wasnt to get an emperor title, pretty sure anyone who wants emp gets emp, its not thay hard.

The problem is that dude who has highest ap atm is sitting in ic flipping flags. Im not gonna discuss if it is true or not since i havent seen it, only read and i understand people reported it already. The problem is not really wanting to crown that particular player an emp and yes it is no fun playing without emp in your alliance (or a prospect of one). The hammer should be taken out way earlier already if it indeed is a flipping case. Looking forward to same reaction from zos as was last year and hoping for a sooner one.
    Watches-the-wind (Templar healer) / PC EU

Dragon's Crest
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just took a picture of the whole map being taken, exept the last emp keep which is left alone. Someone explain that please. Will upload tomorrow.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just took a picture of the whole map being taken, exept the last emp keep which is left alone. Someone explain that please. Will upload tomorrow.

As someone who's been in the game for a long time ... why all of a sudden do you need to emp during the event?
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I don't see the top AP gainers in cyro, and whatever is the most benefitial AP gain, IC has nothing to do with cyrodiil so I don't see a reason to keep these two together anyway.

PC NA, lack of aoe caps, current leader on the board for AD.

I assure you, he is NOT wasting his time in IC.... I have fought next to him at keep battles and resources countless times since the new campaign.

I can assure you that the top people are also not wasting time in IC. The time it took to bounce a flag between factions, I could of got a 60-100k ap tick at a keep.

IC is a waste of time for ap.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

PC NA, lack of aoe caps, current leader on the board for AD.

I assure you, he is NOT wasting his time in IC.... I have fought next to him at keep battles and resources countless times since the new campaign.

I can assure you that the top people are also not wasting time in IC. The time it took to bounce a flag between factions, I could of got a 60-100k ap tick at a keep.

IC is a waste of time for ap.

I don´t know about you, but 200k +AP /hour isn´t waste, sure you can make more by leeching huge defensive ticks, but IC is not bad AP.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You forgot - quit your job, play 24/7, and disown your family. Or share your account.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I can say is I'm GLAD folks are out there trying to cheese Emp. I got the Kill Emp Achievement. I ain't gonna lie. All I wanted was the last hit on that fool. I got a lil over excited and pressured the poor ol' emp. We were small man, 2vXing at first and added one more. He had 4, 5 or 6 with him. We peeled off from his group and my group. He panicked! He started LOSing around a column and I juked him. I got leap up I leaped him. Whipped him til he died and my screen lit up. LOL.

This dude was so salty he came back and dropped siege solo. So, me and a pal, a well-known 1vxer go out to see whats up. Well, the emp kills me before I can unsheathe anything. Then, he and my pal BRAWL for a bit and the emp manages to win. Dude never said a word. lol Never said a word.

Now this hater acquaintance of mine said, "Oh you must have killed s h**tty emp". Maybe. Maybe not. I unno. That's beside the point. I don't care WHO you are, what buffs you got. You're gonna have to KILL me. That's how I approach each and every fight. This guy took a lil damage and panicked. So , he lost.

You want to be emp, be emp for the right reasons. If you doing it for some dyes, or a chair, a costume or some title, you might be doing it for the wrong reasons. You might step out there and get EXPOSED!

• ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the IC DLC was first made it was linked to Cyrodiil. You had to own all 6 Emp Keeps to gain access to IC, but this didn't work out well so ZoS changed it so the EMP Keeps were not a requirement anymore.

The rest of the code I think was not changed and is now so much a part of the base game, I don't think ZoS can change it without a complete rewrite.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......You want to be emp, be emp for the right reasons. If you doing it for some dyes, or a chair, a costume or some title, you might be doing it for the wrong reasons. You might step out there and get EXPOSED!

Since when is a costume + dye + title doing it for the wrong reasons? Personally if I ever get emperor I would just go to IC with imperial physique and chill :)
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, they banned Bleakers "roleplayers" last year, so they should treat IC flag flippers the same way.

But flipping flags in IC is not so large-scale, so they will probably ignore it.