Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Siege, Repair, and Camps should be part of regular rewards like during Midyear Mayhem Event

Twohothardware
Twohothardware
✭✭✭✭✭
During the Midyear Mayhem event you see far more group effort with many using siege to attack and defend, repairing damaged walls, putting down rams, setting up multiple camps, etc and it's all because we're getting those items from the Midyear Mayhem boxes instead of having to spend our AP which we're PvP'ing in the first place to get for other things.

Right now keep fights are more intense and hard fought because there's much more siege and camps. The way it is right now is how it should always be instead of players standing around doing nothing waiting for a few others to siege, or players standing on walls shooting bows to defend instead of siege, and then being lucky if you even ever have a single camp up let alone two or three.

I think adding siege and other items to the Reward for the Worthy packages instead of a bunch of armor sets which 90% are trash would make for a way better reward system. If we want those Cyrodiil sets we can use the AP we've earned, including the AP we've saved not buying siege all the time, to get them.

Agree or disagree?
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rewards for the worthy should be completely redone, they contain mostly useless junk. I'd be really happy if ZOS could redone them in near future, and idea with adding to them siege weapons (cold fire especially), repair kits and forward camps is really cool. I would feel like I'm actually rewarded for my effort with useful items, instead of trash that's just clogging my inventory. @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And add weapons and jewelry back
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I'm not against them including Cyrodiil sets in the regular reward packages but I think each one should also include Siege, repair mats, camps, etc. they could even include Cyrodiil potions, Alchemy ingredients, and other random items.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

It's pitiful the ten wall repairs you get at campaign end etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH repair kits should just be a miscellaneous item rather than a consumables. You should be able to slot your repair kit, press Q, and rep walls/doors/siege engines.

Making them consumables is frustrating without actually impacting gameplay, especially on PC where you can hotkey different consumable loadouts anyway.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP and also we need a separate bag/bank for siege equipment.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

We probably wouldn't need it if they just made it to where Siege of the same type stacked and counted as one item. Siege is essentially a consumable anyway.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH repair kits should just be a miscellaneous item rather than a consumables. You should be able to slot your repair kit, press Q, and rep walls/doors/siege engines.

Making them consumables is frustrating without actually impacting gameplay, especially on PC where you can hotkey different consumable loadouts anyway.

This would be a major QoL improvement. Having 3 kinds of repair kits is a pain.

And yes, RftW needs a compelte overhaul. It's just a loot table, it's not like it should be a major project.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Making then consumables like sieges lets repair kits be an AP sink.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

What was the reasoning for ever taking them out to begin with?
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

No, just make siege stackable.
  • Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭
    Coldfires are supposed to be hard to obtain because of their potency... Adding them to daily rewards would be a joke for non-cp campaigns and considering more siege damage is coming to cp soon, you might end up sorry for what you wished for
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oxalias wrote: »
    Coldfires are supposed to be hard to obtain because of their potency... Adding them to daily rewards would be a joke for non-cp campaigns and considering more siege damage is coming to cp soon, you might end up sorry for what you wished for

Everyone's using Coldfire siege right now in non cp and it's working just fine as I spent the last few days in Kyne where players have the worst gear and healing. Siege is only effective against zergs when it hits hard and there's a lot of it and when players have to spend their AP to buy it very few actually do.
  • Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭
    Oxalias wrote: »

Everyone's using Coldfire siege right now in non cp and it's working just fine as I spent the last few days in Kyne where players have the worst gear and healing. Siege is only effective against zergs when it hits hard and there's a lot of it and when players have to spend their AP to buy it very few actually do.

You realise zos nerfed the damage of fire ballistas in the summerset patch, there is no way they would want to mainstream coldfire use. Right now a lot of people are using them, but also the zergs are currently far larger.