Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exploitation of in game resources.

Exstazik
Exstazik
✭✭✭✭
Any1 can explain what is implied under "Exploitation of in game resources. "?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using an exploit to gain unintended in game resources. Examples would be exploits leading to extra gold, AP, character sustain or power levels, etc.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Using an exploit to gain unintended in game resources. Examples would be exploits leading to extra gold, AP, character sustain or power levels, etc.

example:
    you are in group and don't hit any mob.You will receive loot.Does it "Exploitation of in game resources."?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »

example:
    you are in group and don't hit any mob.You will receive loot.Does it "Exploitation of in game resources."?

That is not an exploit under normal circumstances. If you are afk while gaining loot, then it could be defined as exploiting. As long as you are in front of your keyboard doing something, then the loot is earned, even if you didn't hit any mobs. Perhaps you are a healer or supporting in some other way?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

example:

No, because that's how loot works in this game.

But trading flags in PVP to generate AP without actually fighting, taking advantage of a duplication glitch with crafting surveys, or continuing to gain bugged exp or skill points from enemies would fall under that.
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just get ban for Exploitation of in game resources.So it can be only afk farming.I was getting loot while others kill stuff in my group
    But the game mechanics allow this.So it's unfair ban.Because for such violate of ToS also get afk people in cyro,afk people in dungeon/dolmens,afk people in skyreach and etc.
    Want to see any response from @ZOS
    Edited by Exstazik on July 31, 2018 8:26PM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it that you can do things AFK without timing out? Are you doing something to defeat the timeout, or just AFK for short enough time that it doesn't timeout? Note that the ToS does not allow "software that permits You to use Services without human input". Software that defeats the AFK timeout while you aren't present might be interpreted as such a case?
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you step away for a glass of water or did you go to the bank? If you were afk for a moment, you should be fine. If you were afk for extended amounts of time, that is not allowed.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    How is it that you can do things AFK without timing out? Are you doing something to defeat the timeout, or just AFK for short enough time that it doesn't timeout? Note that the ToS does not allow "software that permits You to use Services without human input". Software that defeats the AFK timeout while you aren't present might be interpreted as such a case?

AFK for short enough time that it doesn't timeout(4-6min).Kill some mobs-loot-wait-repeat.All by hands.
    Edited by Exstazik on July 31, 2018 9:03PM
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you step away for a glass of water or did you go to the bank? If you were afk for a moment, you should be fine. If you were afk for extended amounts of time, that is not allowed.

if i was AFK a lot of time.It's triggered and log out you on login screen.So still can't understand "Exploitation of in game resources.Yeah,i have several accounts but never use Rubberbanding,Macro or 3rd party program.
    Edited by Exstazik on July 31, 2018 9:10PM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »

AFK for short enough time that it doesn't timeout(4-6min).Kill some mobs-loot-wait-repeat.All by hands.
    I don't know why that would be a bannable offense. Possibly mistaken for someone doing something more nefarious. Contact customer support and ask for an appeal. You might have to keep at them a few times though...
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make a ticket or respond to the one that told you that's why you were banned and ask what it means.

if i was AFK a lot of time.It's triggered and log out you on login screen.So still can't understand "Exploitation of in game resources.Yeah,i have several accounts but never use Rubberbanding,Macro or 3rd party program.

Are you logged into all of them at one time and grouped up, using one character to kill mobs and then switching to the others to pick up the loot? Effectively giving yourself up to 12x the normal loot you should have received? If so then that would be exploitation.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my situation.Example:
    I log in account :A,B
    My active account A and i kill mob with it and loot.
    After i go to account B ,so acc A become inactive.
    I run and loot to mob who was killed by account A.
    Then switch to A and repeat.

Since i use only 1 active account at the same time it's not count as multiboxing.
    Since i do not use any soft for this it's not botting.
    But support said ban for Exploitation of in game resources.
    So in total we get two ways:
    1)Ban is real and everyone who not make dmg to mobs and get loot,who flip flag in IC,who get ticks in cyro while afk,who leveling in group and afk should get ban.
    2)Ban mistake.Because it's clever use of game mechanics.

Edited by Exstazik on July 31, 2018 9:51PM
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Make a ticket or respond to the one that told you that's why you were banned and ask what it means.

Are you logged into all of them at one time and grouped up, using one character to kill mobs and then switching to the others to pick up the loot? Effectively giving yourself up to 12x the normal loot you should have received? If so then that would be exploitation.

Yes.But it's allowded by mechanics of the game so it can not be explotation.I received x1 loot on each acc at the same time.
    If each pick will give loot to all characters so it will be explotation.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just get ban for Exploitation of in game resources.So it can be only afk farming.I was getting loot while others kill stuff in my group
    But the game mechanics allow this.So it's unfair ban.Because for such violate of ToS also get afk people in cyro,afk people in dungeon/dolmens,afk people in skyreach and etc.

You are asking the wrong people then. You need to respond to ZOS via the email they sent you asking for clarification and offering your defense.

Talking to us forum posters isn't,going to accomplish anything, and ZOS doesn't discuss disciplinary actions on the forums.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh for pete's sake. Get outta here with this nonsense.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭

You will absolutely not see a discussion about your ban from ZOS in this forum.

Beyond that, I literally do not believe you. Nothing personal: all the other people who outright lie about "doing nothing" and being banned for it, then a couple posts later admit "well, I did run a bot 24x7 for a decade, but today I wasn't, so it is unfair" have ruined this for you.

Nobody is going to be sympathetic, and nobody is going to believe that you actually got banned for doing something like standing around for a few minutes. Even if it is true, you won't convince basically anyone here...

...and even if you did, it wouldn't matter, because you know what? We can't do anything about it anyhow.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are asking the wrong people then. You need to respond to ZOS via the email they sent you asking for clarification and offering your defense.

Talking to us forum posters isn't,going to accomplish anything, and ZOS doesn't discuss disciplinary actions on the forums.

^This.^

Ban discussions aren't allowed in the forums.

The thread will be closed soon ...
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread as discussing disciplinary actions is a violation of the Forum rules. If you have questions or concerns about an in-game disciplinary action, please open a ticket on https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ to ask about a suspension or ban. We cannot assist with in-game violations on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.