The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is Cheating (not exploiting but actually cheating w/ 3rd party programs) a thing in BGs?

Left4Daud
Left4Daud
✭✭✭✭✭
I just ran into the weirdest thing in a domination BG. One of the purple players was a magDK that made a point to engage me at the spawn instead of going for objectives, part of my team had already rage quit by this point.

However in fighting this guy twice, he was completely immune to my Petrify (I'm a stamDK). I couldn't land this ability once, I was spamming the button and nothing was happening I just kept eating whips to the face while he petrified me 3-4 times per encounter.

He was not using immovable pots, or the immovable heavy armor skill. My ability WAS NOT greyed out when targetting this opponent. He was 100%, completely immune to my CC for 20-30 seconds straight while he cc'd me on cooldown, ulted, and whipped me to death.

This player, and all of the players on his team finished the domination with zero deaths. Which isn't in and of itself a crazy thing, but when this dude was fighting me it was super sketchy.

I have been playing BGs all night and never had trouble using my Petrify on a target if the ability was NOT GREYED out, and they were in range, met the proper conditions etc. This guy met all the conditions and should have been CC'd by my ability and he wasn't. It wasn't a LOS thing, it wasn't a range thing. He was literally in my face on flat terrain, petrifying ME three to four times per fight, and not once would MY petrify stun him.

I actually could have beat this guy if my CC would have went off. All my other abilities fired off like they have been all night. It was the most bizarre thing I've seen and after constant queuing and never having trouble landing Petrify when the conditions were right, this was just super sketchy. I mean I don't want to cry cheater but what the actual hell?

Is there some cheat that makes players immune to Petrify/Rune Cage in BGs or am I crazy?

There is NO WAY this guy had CC immunity for 20-30 seconds straight while standing right in my face spamming his own CC and whip.

Weirdest thing I've seen so far in BGs.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There´s an old bug (6 months +) that causes this. I´m not sure what causes it, but only way for it to disappear is for the target (that you can´t use fossilize/petrify) on does a relog. Happened to me several times. An easy way to check this is if you´ve any other abilities that stuns (leap, Dawnbreaker etc). If fossilize is grayed out, but you can stun them with any other ability, you´re a "victim" of the bug. If you can´t stun them in any way, they´re most likely cc immune.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken

Ohhh crap I think I heard about that. Something where like a character can bug out and get like 4 thousand days of CC immunity unless they relog?

I know people post similar UI bugs where they show 4k days of burning applied to their characters, or more recently sloads but I always thought it was just that, a UI bug.

So your saying there is a bug which can make players permanently immune to CC until they relog?

That would probably explain what I encountered, and more likely than hax.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    @Qbiken

Ohhh crap I think I heard about that. Something where like a character can bug out and get like 4 thousand days of CC immunity unless they relog?

I know people post similar UI bugs where they show 4k days of burning applied to their characters, or more recently sloads but I always thought it was just that, a UI bug.

So your saying there is a bug which can make players permanently immune to CC until they relog?

They´re only immune to your fossilize/petrify until they relogg, but not immune to other stuns.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow interesting, I guess that explains it!

This is the first time I've ran into something like this though. You said it's at least 6 months old? Holy crap, is it a pretty rare bug or what?

Feel like something like that should be higher up on the priority "to fix" list. Since it totally broke combat for me.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    @Qbiken

They´re only immune to your fossilize/petrify until they relogg, but not immune to other stuns.

It also makes them immune to rune cage. But yeah, just those two.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen it too in BG a couple of times with my DK, in that case I completely ignore this player and try to focus on others, frustrating but I don't see what we can do more :(