Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Veteran Maelstrom Arena rework suggestion

TraLOLta
TraLOLta
✭✭
So I've finally done the flawless run on my stamina Nightblade (read no damage shields) and can sport my brand new title,
but going through this experience of trying not to die once in Veteran Maelstrom Arena left me a bit disappointed.

Disappointed in the mechanics of eight out of total nine arenas.
We can all agree that the poison plants inside the Vaults of Umbrage are the best, most fun and skill testing mechanic in the entire arena.
It bothers me that other rounds do not have a mechanic like this so here are my suggestion for the rework.

Stage 1: Vale Of The Surreal
Clanfear jumping on you should leave behind the poison plant if you block their attack.
Maxus the Many should plant a poison plant instead of that silly root mechanic.

Stage 2: Seht's Balcony
The spinning blade things should actually be plates carrying the poison plants on them, and somehow still have the spinning blades idk
Dwarven Sentries should put down a poison plant when they become stationary and get in the position to attack.

Stage 3: Drome Of Toxic Shock
COME ON! This stage is called Drome Of Toxic Shock and it does NOT have poison plants!
Stranglers should shoot out poison plant seeds that bud into poison plants after 5 seconds.
That stupid boss poison AoE attack that does poor damage should be, guess what, a poison plant!

Stage 4: Seht's Flywheel
Dwarven Sentries should act the same as Venomcallers from stage 7 when they get the damage shield.
Mini Bosses should yell nonsense a bit less. Thanks.

Stage 5: Rink of Frozen Blood
Now this one is frozen, and plants have a hard time growing on frozen lakes and icebergs, but I have a solution!
Troll Breakers should carry poison plants on them!

Stage 6: Spiral Shadows
Hoarvors should drop a poison plant in case you do not kill them next to an obelisk.
When the swarm attacks the Venomcaller mechanic should also trigger.

Stage 7: Vaults of Umbrage
0AXlBTh.gif

Stage 8: Igneous Cistern
Fidget Spinners (Dremora Gandrandandrasomething) should act as Venomcallers when they do the spinny flame attack.
If you do not kill the obelisks fast enough during the last bass the Venomcaller mechanic triggers.
Last mini boss and final boss have learned how to animation cancel, thanks for that.

Stage 9: Theater of Despair
Make the Ash Titan the size of a puppy, but still having the same thunderous voice. That'd be pretty funny.
Voriak Solkyn should trigger the Venomcaller mechanic instead of the spinny shield that protects you from falling off the platform. Keep the knockback, use the Psijjic ultimate for something damnit.
Ogrim should shoot out poison plants instead of leaving that sad fire AoE under you.

Thank you for reading!
Hope you enjoyed my suggestions to improving the Veteran Maelstrom Arena experience!
Peace!
This is a joke of course.
CP810
Staminga Nightblade Khajiit DPS J'Catt (~45k on a 6 mil dummy)
Can't play anything else.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, but still there's not enough poison plants. Would be much better if all chests would have poison traps on them and the last chest would have a chance to have a bomb inside of it instead of a Maelstrom weapon.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG mechanics really suck.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone really likes being poisoned while trying to get Flawless!

10/10 make it happen ZOS
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that deep...
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification