The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So... still no Guildhall functionality?

stitchesofdooom
stitchesofdooom
✭✭✭✭
Seriously Zen, it is astonishing to me that a guildmaster can't set one of his player homes as the Guild's official Guildhall. With my guild right now, my guildmates have to pull my name from roster and visit primary residence to use our Guildhall. There's a Guildhall button addon for PC an all but this lack of function is just ridiculous. Especially for the console lot.

Here is a list of Guildhall related features you need to add:

1: The ability for a Guldmaster to set his/her/(whatever it is for trans - #Inclusive #CantTouchMeSJWs) home as a Guildhall IN ADDITION to another home set as a Primary Residence.
2: The ability for Guildmembers to submit their player home as one of several Guildhalls
3: A TRAVEL TO GUILDHALL BUTTON. A dropdown list of available Guildhalls appears (where applicable) and any Guildhall notes added by GM can be viewed. Like main, "extra crafting stations" etc
4: "Don't touch my damn lights" function for all homes. Including the new life bonfire. Or just better control over what people can and can't screw with.
5: A Guildhall map marker
6: An option to enter Guildhall when you enter the applicable home from the door outside.
7: A purchasable Guild Trader that only Guildmembers can use, to be placed in the Guildhall, one you can personalize with look, voice, gear etc. No more than 1500 Crowns. They don't need to follow you about.

If you add this, more guilds will want to set up proper Guildhalls. It's win win. And people who have set stations they want to share, but don't want to give away, can share them.
I'd also like people to be able to place stuff in other people's homes. Like having their own storage chest in the Guildhall. There could be a "Guest Storage Chest" function where all Guildmembers can access all their storage chests. Purchasable from the Master Writ Mediators maybe?

Come on Zenimax, most of this stuff was obvious when you first added housing.
Edited by stitchesofdooom on August 5, 2018 7:11PM
Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
PCMR EU.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    And this guildhall should relate to guild, not to guildmaster personally.
    I mean, if I wan't to make another person in my guild new guildmaster, guildhall administative rights should be able to pass to him. Idk, Zenimax should prevent to delete it my someone or to steal for own only needs if person is froudster, but to makew such possibility.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anethum wrote: »
    I mean, if I wan't to make another person in my guild new guildmaster, guildhall administative rights should be able to pass to him. Idk, Zenimax should prevent to delete it my someone or to steal for own only needs if person is froudster, but to makew such possibility.

I dunno... if YOU are the Guildmaster and it's YOUR Guild... Using the place you own should be fine. That being said, you got me thinking... what if guildmembers donate set stations and such? If they could donate such items through a dedicated system that returned those items if the Guild was disbanded or the player left/got kicked... that would work pretty well. It would keep the guildmaster from being able to screw people over.
    Edited by stitchesofdooom on July 22, 2018 3:31AM
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

I dunno... if YOU are the Guildmaster and it's YOUR Guild... Using the place you own should be fine. That being said, you got me thinking... what if guildmembers donate set stations and such? If they could donate such items through a dedicated system that returned those items if the Guild was disbanded or the player left/got kicked... that would work pretty well. It would keep the guildmaster from being able to screw people over.

I don't know how to be with donations for guild in current system.
    I'm guildmaster of guild now and I feel a huge discomfort of using resourses of guildmembers.
    So still didn't bought any mundus stone furnishings(48k crowns = 290 euro if to buy crowns without discount...), didn't added 45 sets from 74 available.
    Because if in my brain happends (notionally) something bad - I can do anything I want. It's a fact.
    They are not in safe by the laws. It's stupid.
    There should be something to prevent bad actions from me or another guildmaster with a guild and guildhall.
    Personally I will not allow myself to skrew ppl, who donated something for our joint property.
    I will not disband guild or kick members who take part in this.
    Exceptions can be only if to say about very toxic behaviour from someone and even in such case... still who knows where is the line.
    But thousands of ppl aren't responsible persons, it's a fact.
    And we are not telepaths to detect them.
    And how ppl know, if they can trust me or another guildmaster for example...huge window for fraudsters.
    Idk, I would like to have a clear system for all that.
    With rights, rules, joint property for guildhalls.
    Edited by Anethum on July 22, 2018 6:46AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know how to be with donations for guild in current system.
    I'm guildmaster of guild now and I feel a huge discomfort of using resourses of guildmembers.
    So still didn't bought any mundus stone furnishings(48k crowns = 290 euro if to buy crowns without discount...), didn't added 45 sets from 74 available.
    Because if in my brain happends (notionally) something bad - I can do anything I want. It's a fact.
    They are not in safe by the laws. It's stupid.
    There should be something to prevent bad actions from me or another guildmaster with a guild and guildhall.
    Personally I will not allow myself to skrew ppl, who donated something for our joint property.
    I will not disband guild or kick members who take part in this.
    Exceptions can be only if to say about very toxic behaviour from someone and even in such case... still who knows where is the line.
    But thousands of ppl aren't responsible persons, it's a fact.
    And we are not telepaths to detect them.
    And how ppl know, if they can trust me or another guildmaster for example...huge window for fraudsters.
    Idk, I would like to have a clear system for all that.
    With rights, rules, joint property for guildhalls.

I provided the majority of the set stations myself. Generally, anyone who chooses to donate something is the sort of person to respect the guild so it's very unlikely those people will do something worthy of getting themselves kicked. Besides, I'm a pretty nice guy. I've only kicked 2 people. Someone who was being openly abusive in guild chat and someone who lied about being a noob to try to get free stuff. "I'm a noob, please give me soul gems". Added him, told him to ask the guild, looked at the roster, saw he was CP400, kicked immediately.
    PCMR EU.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    It seems very short sighted of Zos to overlook guild specific support.

What keeps games like elder scrolls going is a healthy player community, because player who play with others will play longer.

Guild are really the only thing 'in game' that brings players together yet their is very little incentives to participate with your guild beyond using it a 'Sales' service or a 'Looking For Group' system.

Most guilds I have been a part of have hundreds of members but only a dozen or so members that actively participate in guild activities regularly. They rest pop in on text chat occasionally looking for someone to make them an item or join them in a Dungeon activity but that is it.

Some guilds try to organize activities like 'raffles' or PvP days but usually it ends as a cluster F trying to get people organized on short notice or manually keep track of things like who bought a ticket identifying who 'won'.

The better tools you give to guilds, the better they can encourage community activity which bring players together and keep them playing longer.

1. ) Guilds need to be able to fully utilizes existing server support like being able to place 'ALL' atuneable tables in a guild house. (I am not an advocate of just upping the 'item slot count, but this is one area where just upping the count for a very specific set of item types makes sense)
    2. ) A Guild House need to be able to supply 'guild bank' and 'guild store' access.
    3. ) A Guild House should have a 'message' board where guild officers can place notices about up coming events and activities being planned by the guild. This is important because not all member are online at the same time and it is not fair to expect guilds to be 'shouting' on guild chat 24/7 just to let everyone know what is going on from one day to the next.
    4. ) Guild Houses should be able to acquire a 'raffle' vendor who can sell tickets, pick winners and deliver prizes all automatically. A guild officer should not have to manage that activity and it gives players more confidence that the 'raffle' is managed in a 'fair' way.
    5. ) Guild Houses should have a 'requisition' board were guild members can place requests for items they need and indicating what they are willing to pay. Ideally this board should also be able to manage item transactions similar to a store but in this case it is the 'person looking to buy' that sets the 'payment' criteria. ( Many players are willing to sell/trade/give items to other guild members and that should be supported in an official way)

If you ask me that is the 'bare minimum' that guild house support should start with and I think Zos is shooting themselves in the foot by not taking Guild support more seriously.
    Edited by Woefulmonkey on July 24, 2018 10:52PM
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems very short sighted of Zos to overlook guild specific support.

What keeps games like elder scrolls going is a healthy player community, because player who play with others will play longer.

Guild are really the only thing 'in game' that brings players together yet their is very little incentives to participate with your guild beyond using it a 'Sales' service or a 'Looking For Group' system.

Most guilds I have been a part of have hundreds of members but only a dozen or so members that actively participate in guild activities regularly. They rest pop in on text chat occasionally looking for someone to make them an item or join them in a Dungeon activity but that is it.

Some guilds try to organize activities like 'raffles' or PvP days but usually it ends as a cluster F trying to get people organized on short notice or manually keep track of things like who bought a ticket identifying who 'won'.

The better tools you give to guilds, the better they can encourage community activity which bring players together and keep them playing longer.

1. ) Guilds need to be able to fully utilizes existing server support like being able to place 'ALL' atuneable tables in a guild house. (I am not an advocate of just upping the 'item slot count, but this is one area where just upping the count for a very specific set of item types makes sense)
    2. ) A Guild House need to be able to supply 'guild bank' and 'guild store' access.
    3. ) A Guild House should have a 'message' board where guild officers can place notices about up coming events and activities being planned by the guild. This is important because not all member are online at the same time and it is not fair to expect guilds to be 'shouting' on guild chat 24/7 just to let everyone know what is going on from one day to the next.
    4. ) Guild Houses should be able to acquire a 'raffle' vendor who can sell tickets, pick winners and deliver prizes all automatically. A guild officer should not have to manage that activity and it gives players more confidence that the 'raffle' is managed in a 'fair' way.
    5. ) Guild Houses should have a 'requisition' board were guild members can place requests for items they need and indicating what they are willing to pay. Ideally this board should also be able to manage item transactions similar to a store but in this case it is the 'person looking to buy' that sets the 'payment' criteria. ( Many players are willing to sell/trade/give items to other guild members and that should be supported in an official way)

If you ask me that is the 'bare minimum' that guild house support should start with and I think Zos is shooting themselves in the foot by not taking Guild support more seriously.

Way to expand on a thread, dude. Nice :-)

Yeah, I think Zenimax should ask players what functions they would want in their guild/guildhall. I personally came for the Elder Scrolls, not the MMO, so I haven't really thought that in depth about MMO/social related stuff.

My guild is set up specifically to help out new players. We have Hundings/Nightmother stations for stam-DPS, Orgnum/Shalidor for tank and Julianos/Magnus for mage (this includes the appropriate jewelry stations). There are also enchanting, dye, provisioning and alchemy stations, and I manages to save enough for our transmute station a few weeks ago.

The whole point is so we can do this:

"hey, you new?"
    [noob] "yes"
    "...dude, I'm about to royally hook you up"

all that interaction stuff... *shrugs* so I appreciate your input.
    PCMR EU.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be good to allow a Guild to own housing, these would be listed as Guild Halls with a travel option much like a members roster. Guild halls then should have double the visitors and decorator slots, admin of the Guild Halls would be assignable as a rank function.

Houses would be obtainable through gold purchase by guild masters or by gifting. Once owned by the Guild it can not be gotten rid of or returned. Just as with Gifting of Crown items.

If there is a concern of server issues then perhaps a limit of three active Guild Halls. Further a Guild Membership level must be achieved and retained to have the Guild Halls. That should place a suitable limit and allow some variety. The inactive Guild halls are still available for selection but they can not be visited and has normal capacities.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    I think it would be good to allow a Guild to own housing, these would be listed as Guild Halls with a travel option much like a members roster. Guild halls then should have double the visitors and decorator slots, admin of the Guild Halls would be assignable as a rank function.

Houses would be obtainable through gold purchase by guild masters or by gifting. Once owned by the Guild it can not be gotten rid of or returned. Just as with Gifting of Crown items.

If there is a concern of server issues then perhaps a limit of three active Guild Halls. Further a Guild Membership level must be achieved and retained to have the Guild Halls. That should place a suitable limit and allow some variety. The inactive Guild halls are still available for selection but they can not be visited and has normal capacities.

I don't mind guilds being able to purchase guildhalls, but I spent 1.02M gold on Mistveil for my guild's guildhall. A lot of people have purchased a place with their own gold/crowns. Now I have had some help from my, then, small guild but I still took about 90% of the cost of all this myself. Not to mention all the decorations I crafted, all the race-specific furnishing diagrams I had to buy, the hundreds of hours of grinding for gold over several months. I REFUSE to simply hand over ownership or control of it.

Nobody controls decoration but me. If the guild wants to put a secondary location together for some other purpose and pool together to make that work: sure. I didn't do all this work for the guildhall to be left unused so I'm not taking it away from them.
    PCMR EU.
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    Re: Guildhalls - Yes, please. All of @Woefulmonkey 's list items are on my wish list as well:

1. ) Guilds need to be able to fully utilizes existing server support like being able to place 'ALL' atuneable tables in a guild house. (I am not an advocate of just upping the item slot count, but this is one area where just upping the count for a very specific set of item types makes sense)

5. ) Guild Houses should have a 'requisition' board were guild members can place requests for items they need and indicating what they are willing to pay. Ideally this board should also be able to manage item transactions similar to a store but in this case it is the 'person looking to buy' that sets the 'payment' criteria. ( Many players are willing to sell/trade/give items to other guild members and that should be supported in an official way).

#1 At some point the crafting stations are going to eat the whole item count. I don't know that creating a separate category for them is a workable solution, but ... something needs to be adjusted before we get there.

#2 When Tythis is placed in a guild hall, he should be able to provide access to the guild store and guild bank for that guild only.

#3 A message board would be fantastic.

#4 I love the idea of a raffle vendor in the guild hall, but that option could also be added to Tythis.

#5 And the "requisition" board... <3 . I belong to a fab crafting guild, and I know my guildies know rare patterns I don't know, but currently the only way to find someone to craft an object is by constantly spamming guild chat for days, hoping the right crafter sees the message. Ideally, the requisition board would allow someone asking for an item to put up the mats & tip with the request, and when someone responds the completed item is mailed to the person making the request while the mats & tip are mailed to the crafter.

In addition:
    - I would also love for there to be some way for officers to have added permissions, like the ability to add things to the house, so the guildhall furnishings could include achievement furnishings from any of the officers. (But the ability to remove things could be pretty problematic, so perhaps that should be restricted to the guild master.)

- I understand that the idea of gifting Crowns directly is also problematic, but there needs to be some way for guildies to donate to the purchase of large homes for guildhall use. Not only would that take the burden off the guildmaster, it would also add a feeling of ownership to the house for the individual guildies.

- A lot of guildhalls have dueling arenas set up, and I think it would fun/useful for guildhalls to have some sort of special functionality for that. Much like the target dummies give dps reports, a guildhall dueling pit could give combat summations. Or maybe the dueling pit, when activated, could generate some kind of dueling objective, similar to the battlegrounds.

- There should be some way of transferring ownership of a guild hall to a different player if the guild master decides to leave the game.
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    @Zells

Once you allow gifting of something that you purchase with Crowns, you are already setting a precedent that you can 'gift money' in the game.

So any argument Zos would make regarding the direct 'gifting' of crowns because it is transferring money really does not make sense if you ask me.

The only valid 'barrier' would be something technical like how they track 'Crown' ownership for a players account. Since 'crowns' are basically 'store credit' that represents 'real money' they have higher responsibility to ensure proper tracking of the 'crowns' associated with a player account and ensuring that transactions with 'crowns' are tracked. (We are talking about 'Government Tax' requirements here) Which would make 'direct' transfers of 'crowns' between account problematic.

However, what they could do is make a new 'in game' currency like 'crown vouchers' that you could 'purchase' just like any other item in game, and then make certain (not all) crown store items available for purchase with these 'crown vouchers'.

This would then allow you to do things like buy one of these huge homes using 'crown vouchers'.

Basically when you buy those vouchers you are 'spending' your 'real money' (Which Is Taxed) at the time the vouchers are purchased, which means Zos's obligation for tracking those transactions is met.

Now the 'gifting' transactions logic they have already implemented for other objects just needs to be applied to this new 'in game currency object'.

• Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @stitchesofdooom Never would be nothing to force any guild to change over but I suggested a way to enhance the existing system to fit more as Guild halls. Some Guilds I could see compensating a member for their contributions. How a guild spends their gold is up to them.

I could also see a Guild being allowed to purchase only of the houses that sells for gold. Allow the to qualify for any house so available in the faction areas they are founded as. Non-faction areas the purchase would have to be based off of GM's achievement to qualify for gold purchase. Perhaps a 6 month grace period to allow a special ticket to transfer a owned house to a guild.

There is many ideas that could happen. It would be about choices on how a Guild would like to handle it or proceed as it has been so far.

Part of this is based on that I would hate for them to come out with three styles of Guild halls and that is it. They have a number of cool properties that if given the right settings would be a good variety of Halls to choose from.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    @stitchesofdooom Never would be nothing to force any guild to change over but I suggested a way to enhance the existing system to fit more as Guild halls. Some Guilds I could see compensating a member for their contributions. How a guild spends their gold is up to them.

I could also see a Guild being allowed to purchase only of the houses that sells for gold. Allow the to qualify for any house so available in the faction areas they are founded as. Non-faction areas the purchase would have to be based off of GM's achievement to qualify for gold purchase. Perhaps a 6 month grace period to allow a special ticket to transfer a owned house to a guild.

There is many ideas that could happen. It would be about choices on how a Guild would like to handle it or proceed as it has been so far.

Part of this is based on that I would hate for them to come out with three styles of Guild halls and that is it. They have a number of cool properties that if given the right settings would be a good variety of Halls to choose from.

I would never transfer anything as expensive as a home or set station to the guild. If I decide to take a break and give someone else guildmaster or second in command priviledges, I would not want there to be any chance or opportunity for my trust to be abused. I have learned from experience that humans cannot be fully trusted, and they usually screw you over in ways that are most damaging.

I own our guildhall. I worked long and hard for it. I got very little help and I have more than repaid people for that help. My guild's guildhall belings to ME. The whole guild has full access to it, as they always will. But I'll be damned if I turn over control of it to ANYONE.
    PCMR EU.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea of a guild hall is great. A home essentially owned by everyone. I definitely like the idea the OP suggested about having a store “guild trader” inside as well.

I don’t know how ZOS would be able to (or if they even should) monitor who gets what if the guild were to ever fold.
    As one of my guilds is now, the lead simply purchased one of the largest “Notable” homes with his own in game gold. Many of the members have made donations in the form of crafting tables and gold to the guild, but with the understanding and acceptance that they are donating and those items now technically belong to the lead. We don’t mind this at all and I don’t think any of us expect those items or gold back if the guild dissolved. As a matter of fact, it’s the least we can do for someone who donates so much of his own time, gold, and home to the guild.

I do think it’s possible (as the OP suggested) to have a separate in game (no addon) port to guild hall, instead of the lead always having to have the hall listed as his or her primary.

Another game I played was not much different in terms of allowing achievements to be on display in the guild lead’s home (which again was used as the guild hall). Even if not everyone had that specific achievement, we all still benefited from seeing that “trophy” set out. If the guild dissolved, the home remained with the owner (the person who bought the home) regardless of who donated what. Now, one thing that was a bit different was that each member who donated an achievement item had it still “bound” and the lead/owner could not “pocket” those items. If they were removed from the home, they were sent back to the real owner.

I like the idea of sharing items with the guild, having a guild trader on site, and having the choice to port without having the lead have to set it as primary.

• stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    The idea of a guild hall is great. A home essentially owned by everyone. I definitely like the idea the OP suggested about having a store “guild trader” inside as well.

I don’t know how ZOS would be able to (or if they even should) monitor who gets what if the guild were to ever fold.
    As one of my guilds is now, the lead simply purchased one of the largest “Notable” homes with his own in game gold. Many of the members have made donations in the form of crafting tables and gold to the guild, but with the understanding and acceptance that they are donating and those items now technically belong to the lead. We don’t mind this at all and I don’t think any of us expect those items or gold back if the guild dissolved. As a matter of fact, it’s the least we can do for someone who donates so much of his own time, gold, and home to the guild.

I do think it’s possible (as the OP suggested) to have a separate in game (no addon) port to guild hall, instead of the lead always having to have the hall listed as his or her primary.

Another game I played was not much different in terms of allowing achievements to be on display in the guild lead’s home (which again was used as the guild hall). Even if not everyone had that specific achievement, we all still benefited from seeing that “trophy” set out. If the guild dissolved, the home remained with the owner (the person who bought the home) regardless of who donated what. Now, one thing that was a bit different was that each member who donated an achievement item had it still “bound” and the lead/owner could not “pocket” those items. If they were removed from the home, they were sent back to the real owner.

I like the idea of sharing items with the guild, having a guild trader on site, and having the choice to port without having the lead have to set it as primary.

cheers for your insightful and supportive comments.

with trading guilds, stations can most like be bought with guild money, but social guilds would probably be about donations. Most of the cost of the guildhall was incurred by me, that being said I did have about 500k+ of donations and there's one guy constantly donating to help set up a second guild. Basically we're called Random Act of Kindness and we hook noobs up with free set gear for their role. We have the specific stations set up for mage, tank and stam-dps. Hundings/Nightmother, Orgnum/Shalidor, Julianos/Magnus. This way it's easy to hook up a noob in the guildhall.

I'm sure Zenimax could simply start with the ability for the guildmaster to set a home as the Guildhall and then improve it over time. I'm astonished this isn't a feature yet.
    PCMR EU.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep the convo going guys, bring your friends. Guildhall functionality is long overdue.
    Edited by stitchesofdooom on July 31, 2018 12:03AM
    PCMR EU.
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, also fully support this. There are so many features that could be added to increase the functionality of the houses and a Guild hall in particular.

I think that the best start would be like @stichesofdooom says. Let's start by giving the ability to the GM to set a home as Guild hall then we see it overtime as the matter of ownership is a complicated one.

There are so many features that could be added as features to a Guild hall, starting from the already mentioned message board, that we could fill a DLC with :smiley: ... Would love to have some before but some major improvements by Homestead anniversary would be nice too...
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    xericdx wrote: »
    Yup, also fully support this. There are so many features that could be added to increase the functionality of the houses and a Guild hall in particular.

I think that the best start would be like @stichesofdooom says. Let's start by giving the ability to the GM to set a home as Guild hall then we see it overtime as the matter of ownership is a complicated one.

There are so many features that could be added as features to a Guild hall, starting from the already mentioned message board, that we could fill a DLC with :smiley: ... Would love to have some before but some major improvements by Homestead anniversary would be nice too...

cheers dude, I appreciate your support. We need to keep asking otherwise they'll never bother.
    PCMR EU.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please!
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please!

Ikr
    PCMR EU.
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to have some before but some major improvements by Homestead anniversary would be nice too...

Just adding an upvote to this.

I would LOVE it if the 2019 Q1 or Q2 update was Homestead-themed, and included:

- Ability for a guild master to set a house they own as a guildhall, meaning: guildies could port to it independently of it being the guildmaster's primary residence, bankers in the guildhall would give access to that guild's bank and guildstore, merchant could repair items, and a message board implemented that could act as a message of the day as well as a "trading post" for guildies to trade with each other. Other functionality could be added later, but I think these are the community's priorities.

- One new, themed, small-sized house added to each Alliance, and one new medium size. (Treehouse, Ayleid ruin, Dwemer ruin, pirate ship (only the ship), etc.).

- Re-offer every single limited-time house, even if only for a short duration.

- A flat, open, build-your-own-house area added to each Alliance, outside in the normal world, no pocket dimensions or weird sky.

- Race-specific structural items added to every basic home goods vendor so we can build a house w/o using Alinor items exclusively.

- Lots and lots of "combination items" created out of existing pieces - versions of every bookshelf with books included, versions of every wine rack that includes bottles, vases with flowers in them, ink pot & quill together, serving tray with a wine bottle and glasses on it, pre-made themed "clutter" (papers, scrolls & books for a desk, soul gems & tools for an enchanting area, mortar & pestle + herb bundles + vials for an alchemy station...) and so on.

- Other ideas that have been suggested on the forums a million times - bards/npcs we could put in the home, mounts w/o saddles, pets that can wander around, more water features, the ability to dye furnishing items, etc., etc.

Obviously, it would be great if any of these things were implemented before 2019, but an update would be a FABULOUS way to celebrate the anniversary of housing.

I have wandered away from the OP topic, which is guildhall functionality. Going to copy this into a new housing thread as well.
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zells wrote: »
    Would love to have some before but some major improvements by Homestead anniversary would be nice too...

Just adding an upvote to this.

I would LOVE it if the 2019 Q1 or Q2 update was Homestead-themed, and included:

- Ability for a guild master to set a house they own as a guildhall, meaning: guildies could port to it independently of it being the guildmaster's primary residence, bankers in the guildhall would give access to that guild's bank and guildstore, merchant could repair items, and a message board implemented that could act as a message of the day as well as a "trading post" for guildies to trade with each other. Other functionality could be added later, but I think these are the community's priorities.

- One new, themed, small-sized house added to each Alliance, and one new medium size. (Treehouse, Ayleid ruin, Dwemer ruin, pirate ship (only the ship), etc.).

- Re-offer every single limited-time house, even if only for a short duration.

- A flat, open, build-your-own-house area added to each Alliance, outside in the normal world, no pocket dimensions or weird sky.

- Race-specific structural items added to every basic home goods vendor so we can build a house w/o using Alinor items exclusively.

- Lots and lots of "combination items" created out of existing pieces - versions of every bookshelf with books included, versions of every wine rack that includes bottles, vases with flowers in them, ink pot & quill together, serving tray with a wine bottle and glasses on it, pre-made themed "clutter" (papers, scrolls & books for a desk, soul gems & tools for an enchanting area, mortar & pestle + herb bundles + vials for an alchemy station...) and so on.

- Other ideas that have been suggested on the forums a million times - bards/npcs we could put in the home, mounts w/o saddles, pets that can wander around, more water features, the ability to dye furnishing items, etc., etc.

Obviously, it would be great if any of these things were implemented before 2019, but an update would be a FABULOUS way to celebrate the anniversary of housing.

I have wandered away from the OP topic, which is guildhall functionality. Going to copy this into a new housing thread as well.

cheers for backing me. Be free to bring your friends :-)
    PCMR EU.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support all of this wholeheartedly. To add to this, guild halls desperately need a larger player cap. For guild events, 24 players really is nothing.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed with everything here. We need a better system for actual guild halls, please :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    cheers guys, if you want this to happen, please keep bringing your friends so that people keep talking about it. I this thread blows up, maybe they'll finally do it.
    PCMR EU.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1

1: The ability for a Guldmaster to set his/her/(whatever it is for trans - #Inclusive #CantTouchMeSJWs) home as a Guildhall IN ADDITION to another home set as a Primary Residence.
    => --- to ANY of one's homeS.
    I have already 4 houses that deserve a "Guild Hall" status (maybe 5 in the future, I hesitate about the futur altmer island to add to that list, that's why) especially for roleplay purpose

2: The ability for Guildmembers to submit their player home as one of several Guildhalls
    => of course

3: A TRAVEL TO GUILDHALL BUTTON. A dropdown list of available Guildhalls appears (where applicable) and any Guildhall notes added by GM can be viewed. Like main, "extra crafting stations" etc
    => Major need - The current way to travel to a house is counter-intuitive

4: "Don't touch my damn lights" function for all homes. Including the new life bonfire. Or just better control over what people can and can't screw with.
    => implemented

=> usefull

6: An option to enter Guildhall when you enter the applicable home from the door outside.
    => A separate UI for GuildHalls list moreover

=> Yes ! YES ! ^^
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1

=> --- to ANY of one's homeS.
    I have already 4 houses that deserve a "Guild Hall" status (maybe 5 in the future, I hesitate about the futur altmer island to add to that list, that's why) especially for roleplay purpose

=> of course

=> Major need - The current way to travel to a house is counter-intuitive

=> implemented

=> usefull

=> A separate UI for GuildHalls list moreover

=> Yes ! YES ! ^^

Yeah, I heard about "limited user" recently too

good response. Cheers. But you didn't like the guild-only guild trader?
    PCMR EU.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any "life" is welcome inside our halls so why not Guild Traders
    Guild Banker also ? I'd say yes ! Not sure to buy such a thing, but it can be usefull definitely

Customizable NPCs too, of course. A way to place our offline alts in, as NPCs ? that would be great
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • My_Treehawk
    My_Treehawk
    ✭✭
    My guild and I have given this topic considerable attention and have done what we could, given the current limits, and on the PS4. We'd agree on most of your points and thought we'd throw a few in we've been aching for. Most of our officers were also officers in a guild of mine in another MMO where we actually had a reasonable guild feature and related awards for guild achievements, so naturally we carried much of that "mentality" with us to our guild here.

Since we could not have a Guildhall, we tried something else - several members created Guild-related locations that followed a "Guild-theme" and were strategically chosen for location as well as decorating potential. We had a Guildhall (meet/greet), a crafting hall, a karaoke bar with brawls allowed (dueling) outside, a guild warehouse (we're a thieve/crafting guild) for all the stolen stuff to be packed up and shipped off, and a few other role-playing related locations as needed to allow easy and free movement to key areas around the realm.

Each player's "comment" in the roster (that had one of these guild homes) was duly-noted as such, with location and theme.

This took us about what a couple of years to complete - with furnishings, attuned stations, ammenities, trophies, etc. and during this "guild" housing project we discovered some "needs" that we felt should be implemented if Guild-housing should be released. This came not just from our Guild's use of each other's homes, but as other guilds we belong to also started creating their own guild locations in the same location as one of ours.

* The Guild Tabard should serve as a GUILDKEY that allows the front door of a home denoted as "Guild" to allow direct access. In this way, should two people, from two different guilds that I belong to OWN that home, if it is designated as a Guild-home, then while wearing the tabard, I enter the appropriate location.

* The Guild Tabard also serves as an access key to the Banker and Merchant within the home, allowing access to that Guild's bank, or trader, so long as that option was selected by the Guild-home's owner.

*Guild Decor - purchasable banners for the home, based on the Guild Tabard worn. This could be expanded to include other Guild themed decor, perhaps something the Crown Store or crates might offer, with the application being tied to the Guild each piece is assigned to upon placement (options drawn from player's guild list).

As a side-note, should these be included then it would be reasonable to introduce a display/hide option on the Tabard's appearance, similar to the current helmet one.

*A Guild Fence would be great too, allowing a guild to purchase (or achieve somehow) an option on the Smuggler NPC to allow normal Fence operations - if restricted to one per guild, it would not cause any undo imbalance in the game, and would add a lot to the guild's such as ours.

*Guild Arena - this upgrade allows 2x2 "dueling" with other guild members. Would be great for training noobs, as well as just entertaining.

Edited by My_Treehawk on August 13, 2018 2:36AM
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guild and I have given this topic considerable attention and have done what we could, given the current limits, and on the PS4. We'd agree on most of your points and thought we'd throw a few in we've been aching for. Most of our officers were also officers in a guild of mine in another MMO where we actually had a reasonable guild feature and related awards for guild achievements, so naturally we carried much of that "mentality" with us to our guild here.

Since we could not have a Guildhall, we tried something else - several members created Guild-related locations that followed a "Guild-theme" and were strategically chosen for location as well as decorating potential. We had a Guildhall (meet/greet), a crafting hall, a karaoke bar with brawls allowed (dueling) outside, a guild warehouse (we're a thieve/crafting guild) for all the stolen stuff to be packed up and shipped off, and a few other role-playing related locations as needed to allow easy and free movement to key areas around the realm.

Each player's "comment" in the roster (that had one of these guild homes) was duly-noted as such, with location and theme.

This took us about what a couple of years to complete - with furnishings, attuned stations, ammenities, trophies, etc. and during this "guild" housing project we discovered some "needs" that we felt should be implemented if Guild-housing should be released. This came not just from our Guild's use of each other's homes, but as other guilds we belong to also started creating their own guild locations in the same location as one of ours.

* The Guild Tabard should serve as a GUILDKEY that allows the front door of a home denoted as "Guild" to allow direct access. In this way, should two people, from two different guilds that I belong to OWN that home, if it is designated as a Guild-home, then while wearing the tabard, I enter the appropriate location.

* The Guild Tabard also serves as an access key to the Banker and Merchant within the home, allowing access to that Guild's bank, or trader, so long as that option was selected by the Guild-home's owner.

*Guild Decor - purchasable banners for the home, based on the Guild Tabard worn. This could be expanded to include other Guild themed decor, perhaps something the Crown Store or crates might offer, with the application being tied to the Guild each piece is assigned to upon placement (options drawn from player's guild list).

As a side-note, should these be included then it would be reasonable to introduce a display/hide option on the Tabard's appearance, similar to the current helmet one.

*A Guild Fence would be great too, allowing a guild to purchase (or achieve somehow) an option on the Smuggler NPC to allow normal Fence operations - if restricted to one per guild, it would not cause any undo imbalance in the game, and would add a lot to the guild's such as ours.

*Guild Arena - this upgrade allows 2x2 "dueling" with other guild members. Would be great for training noobs, as well as just entertaining.

yeah, I pretty much agree with all that. Except for sharing ownership. I'm not letting anyone have any control over the guildhall I worked long and hard for. But other than that, yeah.

What do you think to having a "Guild Pin" over a tabbard. I always thought they looked silly but a "hand of the king" kinda thing would be cool.
    PCMR EU.
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, ESO is one of the worst games out there for guild amenities and guild support.. its ridiculous. Cant hold pvp training because of the player limits in houses, and the 1v1 duelling in open world, so you have to find a spot in cyrodiil where friends can log in on opposing factions and come help you train/fight new players and then that alerts the whole map and they come zerging in and kill everyone.. its awful, not to mention all the things listed above including increased guild bank limits for guilds.

Why we cant have guild housing I will never know. DDO and WoW have guild housing and no limits on how many guildies can be in the guildhall .. time to get with the program dev's