The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So... still no Guildhall functionality?

• Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that ESO sucks for the guild system. When you look at asian MMOs, man do they got that part covered. I have a gut feeling we will get an update centered on player guilds. Sooner the better however. Lots of people stay in the game because their guilds and we need more activities. Maybe they worried about player population cap, how could they offer guild halls for guilds of 500 players and 24 slots? Certainly the threads of complaints would follow. The good news is that since this area is lacking for so many years there is a good chance will be revamped.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    and if they'd just expand on the functionality, more people would want to buy houses for their guilds.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • My_Treehawk
    My_Treehawk
    ✭✭
    I had to go back and look over some notes from another MMO I was a GM in, and where they introduced housing first, then guild halls later to see what the timeline was between the two.

In that MMO it took them 3 years to bridge the two types, and then another year to tweak the guildhalls to something that was appreciable and worthwhile. I think that it would be fair to say a similar time-frame for this game as well, unless they were working on the two types simultaneously (doubtful).
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    and how long has it been since we got housing?
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • My_Treehawk
    My_Treehawk
    ✭✭

Quick google says...

Homestead, The Elder Scrolls Online's player housing system, is coming in February 2017.

My guild in that MMO was close to the Devs during both housing and guild development, so I had some insight on what and how things were being done. As was explained then, the housing was first to test several aspects within the game before they broadened the aspect with the guild material. The things that were learned during the first two years was used to prevent issues once they were ready to take it up to the guild levels. I have to imagine that a similar approach will occur in development here.
    Edited by My_Treehawk on August 13, 2018 9:44PM
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

Quick google says...

Homestead, The Elder Scrolls Online's player housing system, is coming in February 2017.

My guild in that MMO was close to the Devs during both housing and guild development, so I had some insight on what and how things were being done. As was explained then, the housing was first to test several aspects within the game before they broadened the aspect with the guild material. The things that were learned during the first two years was used to prevent issues once they were ready to take it up to the guild levels. I have to imagine that a similar approach will occur in development here.

I just woke up from a late evening nap. Googling: sooo much effort :-P

Seriously? Only 2 years? And sorry, were you talking about ESO or your other MMO that launched housing and had Guildhall stuff planned in the future?

Even if Zenimax have Guildhall stuff planned in the future, a buncha ideas to work with won't hurt.
    PCMR EU.
  • My_Treehawk
    My_Treehawk
    ✭✭

Quick google says...

Seriously? Only 2 years? And sorry, were you talking about ESO or your other MMO that launched housing and had Guildhall stuff planned in the future?

Even if Zenimax have Guildhall stuff planned in the future, a buncha ideas to work with won't hurt.

If I understand your question it was referring to the other MMO. I can only guess what the Devs here have in mind, but they cannot ignore the financial gain of introducing the guild halls, so I would be placing my money on the bet that they are doing it much the same way as the other MMO and have plans already laid out for what they want to achieve.

One of the big hang-ups that I can see here is the current item limits for homes - as much of an uproar as this currently creates, can only be expected to increase proportionally if Guild halls were to be made available and the item issue not to have been resolved. If there is this much of an issue with the limits already set on housing, what happens when a guild wants to have 50 players in there?

AFA a bunch of ideas to work with - when the other MMO started framing out what they wanted/needed for guild housing, we were one of the guilds they spoke to during development. We gave them a list of 17 things we felt we "required" for a healthy and effective guild aspect. In the release we saw 9 of these, another 5 came that first year, and then 4 years later we saw the last of them introduced - so even with that list, it still took time.
    Edited by My_Treehawk on August 14, 2018 2:18AM
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

Quick google says...

If I understand your question it was referring to the other MMO. I can only guess what the Devs here have in mind, but they cannot ignore the financial gain of introducing the guild halls, so I would be placing my money on the bet that they are doing it much the same way as the other MMO and have plans already laid out for what they want to achieve.

One of the big hang-ups that I can see here is the current item limits for homes - as much of an uproar as this currently creates, can only be expected to increase proportionally if Guild halls were to be made available and the item issue not to have been resolved. If there is this much of an issue with the limits already set on housing, what happens when a guild wants to have 50 players in there?

AFA a bunch of ideas to work with - when the other MMO started framing out what they wanted/needed for guild housing, we were one of the guilds they spoke to during development. We gave them a list of 17 things we felt we "required" for a healthy and effective guild aspect. In the release we saw 9 of these, another 5 came that first year, and then 4 years later we saw the last of them introduced - so even with that list, it still took time.

well if they ARE planning to add it and are looking for ideas, I've already presented my ideas on multiple threads, PM's and emails. I will continue to harrass Zenimax til I get what I want :-P Only coz it's something that really does belong in the game...

We have Guilds.
    We have Halls.

So what gives..?
    Edited by stitchesofdooom on August 15, 2018 3:01PM
    PCMR EU.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love some input from Zenimax. DEVS? Any word?
    PCMR EU.
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    The better tools you give to guilds, the better they can encourage community activity which bring players together and keep them playing longer.

1. ) Guilds need to be able to fully utilizes existing server support like being able to place 'ALL' atuneable tables in a guild house. (I am not an advocate of just upping the 'item slot count, but this is one area where just upping the count for a very specific set of item types makes sense)
    2. ) A Guild House need to be able to supply 'guild bank' and 'guild store' access.
    3. ) A Guild House should have a 'message' board where guild officers can place notices about up coming events and activities being planned by the guild. This is important because not all member are online at the same time and it is not fair to expect guilds to be 'shouting' on guild chat 24/7 just to let everyone know what is going on from one day to the next.
    4. ) Guild Houses should be able to acquire a 'raffle' vendor who can sell tickets, pick winners and deliver prizes all automatically. A guild officer should not have to manage that activity and it gives players more confidence that the 'raffle' is managed in a 'fair' way.
    5. ) Guild Houses should have a 'requisition' board were guild members can place requests for items they need and indicating what they are willing to pay. Ideally this board should also be able to manage item transactions similar to a store but in this case it is the 'person looking to buy' that sets the 'payment' criteria. ( Many players are willing to sell/trade/give items to other guild members and that should be supported in an official way)

If you ask me that is the 'bare minimum' that guild house support should start with and I think Zos is shooting themselves in the foot by not taking Guild support more seriously.

I agree with everything in this list. By adding these furniture pieces into Housing then we can start developing proper guild halls.

Also with houses being dressed up for guild hall functionality more than likely there will be at least one target dummy zone and one dueling arena for guild members. Which brings me to a point I have been harping on recently: Adding Ability/Spell Collision to ESO building block furniture. With the release of the Alinor furniture, building really amazing arena and target dummy spaces has never been so possible, however, that is a little hard to do at the moment since all abilities in the game whose Target is "Ground" or "Area" falls straight through these building block furniture items.
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liking the ideas coming out of this thread.
    PCMR EU.
  • My_Treehawk
    My_Treehawk
    ✭✭
    I can add this as I do not think that anything has changed related to it so the information should still be relative.

One of the things we had asked for in the other MMO was a guild bulletin board. Initially we were told no, and not being the type that likes to just take that as an answer we kept pushing until it was explained why not. Their reply was that it is very hard to create a customized (player entered) text entry to be displayed in the game itself (not as in the MoTD, but rather actually IN the game).

Our answer to the Dev team on this was to stop thinking of the bulletin board as an object in the game that we could actually read, and instead approach it as in piece of furnishing with an interface that would display a new form of the (existing) chat box. I believe that this approach would work here as well. Click the board, a special chat window appears and you treat it as you would the normal chat window.

The inherent problem that will occur with this, is that over time it will become too full. They will have to program either a timer (and/or a manual method) to clean up old messages. If the only means to maintain it is a manual clean - this could quickly become pain as you will have to keep clearing it to maintain it. With a timer only option (which has its own drawbacks) if we're allowed to select a period of time (posts are removed after "x" days) then I think it would be well received and would be much less work on the owner. Obviously then, a timer/manual clean combination if possible would be the best if it were possible.
    Edited by My_Treehawk on September 6, 2018 11:05AM
  • My_Treehawk
    My_Treehawk
    ✭✭
    One a different topic

I want to see "guild furnishings". As in weapon/armor racks and such for fighter themed guilds, etc. I would hope that they would include all of the guilds in this so that as we create our own thieves/assassin/mage guildhalls we can decorate them appropriately.

I think that the atmosphere of the establishment would be more defined and more attractive if such things were available. I know I saw a home in Vvardenfell which actually had these items, I just cannot recall which it was. I believe they could do some really nice stuff and even if they were Crown Store items, they would be highly desired by a large enough player base to make them worth introducing - TBH, I'd buy some just for my home while waiting for the GH to arrive.

I'd also like to be able to buy a banner-like item for each of the attuned sets - it is a pain to figure out which are which and having something to help identify them would be nice. There are a lot of small details like this that could be done that believe would go a long way of increasing the ease of access part of such establishments.
    Edited by My_Treehawk on September 6, 2018 11:17AM