Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Crashed near dolmen, can't log in

RavenLee
RavenLee
I crashed passing a dolmen in Summerset, now I can't log back in to that character. The ton of people camping the dolmen is keeping me from being able to load. I can't fast travel away from the spot if I can't get in the game. What am I supposed to do?
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you on PC? If so and you have any addons, disable them all and try to log in to move the character and re-enable them. This has worked for me in the same position(dc and character load fails in high pop area).
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • RavenLee
    RavenLee
    No, I'm on Xbox One, NA.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Damn... Some day I hope they add something to the character select screen that allows us to move our character, so when we log in it loads us in at the shrine we select. Specifically to deal with issues like this, without needing to go through support for a character move.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenLee wrote: »
    No, I'm on Xbox One, NA.

How many times have you tried logging in?

Players generally run a dolmen (in the case of Summerset, geysers) in a circuit ... and are not at the same dolmen 24/7.

So, there will be times it is quiet.

Send in a support ticket if the problem still persists.
  • RavenLee
    RavenLee
    I finally got in. Kept crashing or freezing on the load screen and having to Quit the game from the dashboard and try again. Eventually I got lucky and loaded in between spawns at the dolmen, when there was no fighting to crash me. And yes, there should be an option on the character select screen to load in a safe area, maybe a specific wayshrine for each alliance.