Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Delete

Millz
Millz
✭✭✭
Delete
Edited by Millz on August 10, 2019 11:58PM
Brenhji
PC NA - 400 cp
(Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your physical resistance you are mitigating 40.6% of the physical damage. That is 18.8% more damage than somebody who is at mitigation cap. You'll have to judge for yourself whether that is significant. My personal opinion is yes. With your numbers you will likely end up having to perma-block in harder content. That's the true test whether you are too squishy. If you are sturdy enough to just block heavy attacks and key threats then you are fine. If you have to perma block then you are too squishy. Again, just my opinion.

If you are willing to read something very bulky, all my opinions on tanking is in the guide in my forum signature.
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    @BejaProphet mind linking? Im on my phone atm
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp

• Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Run 40k both resists, 35-40k health 22k mag And Stam, dk best tank. Vampire.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and bloodspawn/lord warden....pirate skeleton for last bosses on vdsa.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gprime31 Why would you run 40k resists? Is it for PvP? Over the cap is waisted in PvE.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-updated-for-morrowind-new-calculator/p1

Its not that important. What you got is more than enough. I usually run with only around 25-26k Physical. More Spell obviously cause we get more of that passively, which is good cause there is more spell damage going around.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Alkosh n Tourgs pact most the time. There’s maybe a few fights where you want something stronger. Usually my spell resistance is way over and physical is a good bit under. Most times it’s fine...many people actually prefer this setup to Ebon.

Maybe switch for falkreath hold.

Some people like all sturdy. I go small pieces sturdy big Infused.

Any good tank is gonna have several different sets carrying around.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Gprime31 Why would you run 40k resists? Is it for PvP? Over the cap is waisted in PvE.

The cap is a lie.. test it
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »

dd9.jpeg
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been doing some testing around w cp and such im now at 30k on both resistences, 34k hp 16.7k mp and 22.4 sp. overall in a good spot im wearing 6-1 the 1 being light. Right now i have 4 sturdy and 3 off traits plus a sturdy shield in the end want All sturdy, might end up switching 1 or 2 pieces to well fited and or infused. Someone I was talking to made a good point about no having to perma block but being able to which is what im going for because stam can be precious in "clutch" situations

Ive been running through vhof pretty frequently just getting reps in and honestly pushing my tank to its limits. Were going into vmol this week im pretty excited but with this new set up I can block a heavy at triplets in vhof and i dont drop below 1/3 health previously 1/2 so dmg mit is helping. Without the mages guild skill balance I havent been having problems with magic unless its during a big ad pull where I over cast and just need to work on it (im still using hardened armor)

Im putting together my own group to do further testing mainly on hard hitting bosses like the warrior on hel ra hard mode or the assembly general in vhof when you get both his arms on you. Also rakkhat will be good experiencd ill keep updated
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp

• BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »

Ok. I tested it and the cap is real. You are wasting mitigation.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go infused head, chest, legs, shield. Sturdy everything else. 1x mag recovery 2x shield play. Alkosh & Ebon/Dragon/Torug

As for resistances every 660 resistance = 1% damage mitigation (up to a maximum of 50% at 33000).

Really it's all preference. A tank with 45k health and 15k each resource can do the job just as good as one with 35k health and 25k each resource. A tank under resistance cap can be just as good as one above it. It all depends on your playstyle.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I use Alkosh n Tourgs pact most the time. There’s maybe a few fights where you want something stronger. Usually my spell resistance is way over and physical is a good bit under. Most times it’s fine...many people actually prefer this setup to Ebon.

Maybe switch for falkreath hold.

Some people like all sturdy. I go small pieces sturdy big Infused.

Any good tank is gonna have several different sets carrying around.

I am exactly this, tourogs alkosh, infused & sturdy. Use structured entropy if you need a bit of extra health for a certain boss, like vmol and or defensive posture for more stamina. Purely self sufficient tank.
    iirc I have 32k spell, 28k phys resistances.
    I have multiple sets on me at all time to change, including a plague doctor full health enchant that puts my health at like 50k for content like VAS. Ebon, 1 light and 1 medium tourogs to change to 5/1/1, akaviri dragon (my fav set) asylum sword and board, which is a great set for certain situations, like VDSA, infinite resources and health.
    I mainly use chudan as I am not a fan of proc sets or having to reapply my resistances.
    Lord warden, chudan, tremorscale, and the new on from fang lair.
    Also have deadric trickery for fun in dungeons.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30k resist on both, 45K health selfbuffed, 21K stam and infused shield play jewelry on 2 pieces minimum. Sturdy on all small and if you like infused on big pieces and shield.

Despite what people say here resistance does matter because there are situations where you will be cc'd and flat on the floor being hit by a ton of dmge and high resistance saves you in combination with a good healer. Same for a windows glitch where the game switches to windows for a sec. Also prevents 1-shots. Really really worth it. 33K is max and not absolutely necessary but 30k is your magic number to aim for as close as possible
  • snegurd
    snegurd
    ✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    I go infused head, chest, legs, shield. Sturdy everything else. 1x mag recovery 2x shield play. Alkosh & Ebon/Dragon/Torug

As for resistances every 660 resistance = 1% damage mitigation (up to a maximum of 50% at 33000).

Really it's all preference. A tank with 45k health and 15k each resource can do the job just as good as one with 35k health and 25k each resource. A tank under resistance cap can be just as good as one above it. It all depends on your playstyle.

This is so true. I've tanked with a ton of different set ups and honestly what feels best for you is what works best for you. I'm comfortable with resistances of ~28k and 44k health. Some people prefer different numbers, and I don't judge them for it.

Personally I run 7 heavy armor with sturdy traits (plus both shields sturdy), shield-play enchants, and almost no recovery stats (both less than 800). I use Balance to manage my magicka and heavies to manage my stamina (sword and board). Again, just do what feels comfortable for you.
    PC | NA
    Guildmaster of Noob Nation

Snegurd Limp-Spear: Nord DK tank
    Milamber of Midkemia: Breton Sorc dps

Flawless Conqueror | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Assistant Alienist | Shadow Breaker | Blackrose Executioner
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »

They can both take the same amount of damage before death, but the one with lower health but higher resists is actually better to heal.

Say both can survive 7 hits from a boss. The second one takes 7 heals to get back to full and the first 9. So not actually equal at all.

Better resists gives the same effective health, but is much much better for your healers.