Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Prepare for Battle! The Midyear Mayhem PvP Event Returns"

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Gina Natchpotes! This will be an exciting time to watch PvP streams.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    Will the scroll double AP gained for BG's?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Use the scroll to enjoy a two-hour, 100% buff in the Alliance War, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds to:
    • Alliance Points gained
    • XP gains for PvP player kills
    So...the XP gain is not for healers? Does the XP gain not apply to the XP earned from completing a BG?

I mean, I'm above next patch's CP cap and I don't play a healer, but this buff just seems unnecessarily exclusive.

I spend a lot of time on my healer in Cyrodiil. I get AP and XP if a player I am healing is in on a kill. I don't remember doing anything special to get the fifty kills last year but maybe I did? I usually have purifying light and javelin on a bar for those situations when that comes in handy so maybe I got lucky with the javelin fifty times.

Player kills for the daily (not the Summerset one) do not have to be killing blows to count so for AP and XP gain you do not need the killing blow.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 30 day campaigns won't be done during this event - will the campaign change fees be waived during the event so we can go to the new campaigns if the queue is bad? (I know we can guest, I'm just curious)
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well just when i go on vacation. So there is no waitingposition Nr 1k for me this year AND i miss all the lags =/...

Soooo Saaaaad :D:D:D:D
  • Rondur_Sidriel
    Use the scroll to enjoy a two-hour, 100% buff in the Alliance War, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds to:
    • Alliance Points gained
    • XP gains for PvP player kills
    So...the XP gain is not for healers? Does the XP gain not apply to the XP earned from completing a BG?

I mean, I'm above next patch's CP cap and I don't play a healer, but this buff just seems unnecessarily exclusive.

Even healers can light attack enemies and run siege weapons. I got my 50 killing blows last year on a Healer. Just play it a little more aggressively than usual.

Light attacking is not a means to get XP from kills with anything like regularity. And siege can't be used in BGs.

But again, I don't play a healer so I don't really know what it's like to be one.

Well, no. If you want to get your killing blows regularly and quickly, you probably aren't playing a healer. As for AP and exp for killing players, healers get extra AP for healing, so that's a wash in my experience.

My point was that for healers trying to get that 50 killing blows achievement without outright changing their builds to be more aggressive, light attacking in between healing and running siege (in Cyrodiil, obviously) is how I did it, playing over a couple of days last year. I played more aggressively and I didn't just spam heals.

But practically speaking, every PVP healer should have some form of offense. Especially in Battlegrounds.

Yeah, as a templar healer I use a lot of Radiant Oppression on enemies that other people have already softened up. That usually kills players who can't spam shield fast enough.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make sure servers are enough and able to take it

Last year was a disappointment

Please put one more non cp campaign

Lots of players were unhappy as they could not join the non cp campaign and no non co campaign was offered in the meantime
  • seventyfive
    seventyfive
    ✭✭✭
    So the article says gold jewelry from the alliance war does that mean overland sets and dungeon sets too or just the ones that drop in cyrodil?

When they ran Mid-year Mayhem on the PTS it was these sets...

sqU37xh.jpg

Last year the Golden sold necklaces one weekend, rings the next.

All those sets? or just the 3 highlighted?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the article says gold jewelry from the alliance war does that mean overland sets and dungeon sets too or just the ones that drop in cyrodil?

sqU37xh.jpg

All the sets.
  • seventyfive
    seventyfive
    ✭✭✭

sqU37xh.jpg

All the sets.

As BOP or BOE?
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sqU37xh.jpg

All the sets.

As BOP or BOE?

BOE
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sqU37xh.jpg

All the sets.

As BOP or BOE?

Its been a year so I don't 100% remember, but IIRC they were BOE.
  • Qorlas
    Qorlas
    ✭✭
    Exactly on my Summer Holidays when I will be away without PC.
    Let's hope for the next year to get the achievements, second year in a row that event happens while I am away.

At least I will not help the saturation of the servers :smiley:

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

sqU37xh.jpg

All those sets. Other screen shots I have confirm that they are BOE.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on July 21, 2018 7:29PM
    PC EU
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

sqU37xh.jpg

Glad that I hoarded 7 mil AP, gonna go shopping :D
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the scroll double AP gained for BG's?

It worked for BGs last year, so i assume it does now.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    The 30 day campaigns won't be done during this event - will the campaign change fees be waived during the event so we can go to the new campaigns if the queue is bad? (I know we can guest, I'm just curious)

You can already change your guest campaigns at will, you just have to be outside of Cyrodiil (or at least outside your current guest campaign) to do it. That was changed since the last event so it will be much better.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha Sil already full cant go in there without queuing, and no other non cp campaigns !

Come on ZOS, give us a 7 days non cp campaign
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda wish they gave everyone access to Imperial City during this event, for those who don't currently have enough spending cash for Plus or Crowns because of rent and living expenses, we are locked out from getting the Star-Made Knight achievement, and thus we cannot get the title or memento.

They should have made it possible for anyone to be able to get those, like they do for every other holiday event.
    (MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
    Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
    Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you need to reset the little Crown Store quest each year rather than have it tell us "you've already complete this task"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cardthief wrote: »
    I kinda wish they gave everyone access to Imperial City during this event, for those who don't currently have enough spending cash for Plus or Crowns because of rent and living expenses, we are locked out from getting the Star-Made Knight achievement, and thus we cannot get the title or memento.

They should have made it possible for anyone to be able to get those, like they do for every other holiday event.

Just think of last year, when people had to buy Morrowind to do Battlegrounds.

Making people buy the DLC to get the achievement is a feature, not a bug.
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Prepare for Battle! The Midyear Mayhem PvP Event Returns.

Why focus on grouping? (PvP)

It makes me sad that ZOS/TESO has abandoned the solo-runners after they said that they would support them when the game was in Beta. I keep waiting for that moment and it keeps not happening.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shadoza wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Prepare for Battle! The Midyear Mayhem PvP Event Returns.

It makes me sad that ZOS/TESO has abandoned the solo-runners after they said that they would support them when the game was in Beta. I keep waiting for that moment and it keeps not happening.

Probably because it says right in the Alliance War grouping tab that Cyrodiil is designed for groups of 2 to 24 (originally it was groups of 8 to 24) and Battlegrounds is 4v4v4.
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    shadoza wrote: »

Probably because it says right in the Alliance War grouping tab that Cyrodiil is designed for groups of 2 to 24 (originally it was groups of 8 to 24) and Battlegrounds is 4v4v4.

I do not understand what you are telling me.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Already people exploiting , a group last night using the wall glitch this kinda of play ruins he game to all the decent players
  • kenjiblaster25
    kenjiblaster25
    ✭✭✭
    It’s all irrelevant on EU xbox as the servers are broken once again and Zenimax is doing all Charlie Chaplain #silentclown
    Kenjil

Never Behind Guild - PvE & PvP & Trade & Trials & Friendship & Great laughs
    Guild Motto - leave no one behind, stay on the crown, kill the greens
    Ebonheart Pact
  • kenjiblaster25
    kenjiblaster25
    ✭✭✭
    So can we have another day on Console to make up for this loss of service?
    Kenjil

Never Behind Guild - PvE & PvP & Trade & Trials & Friendship & Great laughs
    Guild Motto - leave no one behind, stay on the crown, kill the greens
    Ebonheart Pact