Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Prepare for Battle! The Midyear Mayhem PvP Event Returns"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Prepare for Battle! The Midyear Mayhem PvP Event Returns. The Midyear Mayhem event begins on Thursday, July 26 at 10:00AM EDT and will end on Monday, August 6 at 10:00AM EDT. Celebrate the legendary warrior Pelinal Whitestrake and earn double XP, Alliance Points, and bonus rewards by taking part in ESO's PvP game modes! For more information, check out the article for all details.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think only 2 additional campaigns will be not enough, and we'll be still stuck in 1h long queues.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 7-day CP campaigns would be for the best. Which is what I think we had last year.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <spits out coffee>....<runs to equip vicious death>....,,
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Locnaar
    Locnaar
    ✭✭✭

Woot ! Let's get ready to RRRRRRUUUUMMMMMBBBLLLEEEE !!
    former GM All's Faire Trading Guild

beta tester Jan 2014

overheard in Reaper's Marsh (random brigand) "I only kill people who kill people, 'cause killin' people is wrong ..."
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the thousands in attendance... and the millions watching around the world... Ladies and Gentleman...
    Locnaar wrote: »
    Woot ! Let's get ready to RRRRRRUUUUMMMMMBBBLLLEEEE !!

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well this will truly test the servers
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Very excited. This seems like the perfect chance to level up my alliance war rank quickly. But that leads me to wonder, would it be faster (more AP gains) to play battlegrounds during Midyear Mayhem, or spend most of my time in Cyrodiil? I've been reading a lot about changes to defensive AP ticks in Cyro, so I was leaning that way, but what do you guys think?
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, looking forward to it... i wonder if those "kill 50 players" are killing blows like last year, or are they now kill assists?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivec, Shor, Kastav and Xarxes worked well last year. I'm glad to see you are being proactive about adding the new campaigns.

Everyone get your impenetrable gear on and lets have some awesome PVP!
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay, looking forward to it... i wonder if those "kill 50 players" are killing blows like last year, or are they now kill assists?

My guess killing blows
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My guess killing blows

Better get on a magsorc then.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

My guess killing blows

Sadly that's the truth
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    So The Golden will be available the first week. Will there be different items every day of the first week or a static set of items?
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lets have some awesome PVP!

My pvp will be awesome, vicious death is ready
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Sando wrote: »
    So The Golden will be available the first week. Will there be different items every day of the first week or a static set of items?

Read the article, everything is clearly written...
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

My guess killing blows

Sadly that's the truth

Just wondered for the sake of some of my friends who are tanks and healers who struggled with those kb's. have to just pop them on an oil :)
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very excited. This seems like the perfect chance to level up my alliance war rank quickly. But that leads me to wonder, would it be faster (more AP gains) to play battlegrounds during Midyear Mayhem, or spend most of my time in Cyrodiil? I've been reading a lot about changes to defensive AP ticks in Cyro, so I was leaning that way, but what do you guys think?

It really depends. BGs is guaranteed AP every 15 minutes or so while Cyrodiil has the potential to give more CP in the time it takes to do a BGs match but it doesn't always work out like that. I would say try both. That is what I will be doing if my MMR will ever let me queue into a BG again.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say Midyear Mayhem?!!!!
    WYIToaW.gif WOOT WOOT!!!
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the article says gold jewelry from the alliance war does that mean overland sets and dungeon sets too or just the ones that drop in cyrodil?
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    lets have some awesome PVP!

My pvp will be awesome, vicious death is ready

Add me to the list of vicious death wearers too
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the article says gold jewelry from the alliance war does that mean overland sets and dungeon sets too or just the ones that drop in cyrodil?

I believe its the Cyrodiil and IC tel var sets.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Use the scroll to enjoy a two-hour, 100% buff in the Alliance War, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds to:
    • Alliance Points gained
    • XP gains for PvP player kills
    So...the XP gain is not for healers? Does the XP gain not apply to the XP earned from completing a BG?

I mean, I'm above next patch's CP cap and I don't play a healer, but this buff just seems unnecessarily exclusive.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the question, are they going to allow you to read the scroll in Cyrodiil or do you have to be outside of Cyrodil to read it like you do for every single one of the other events. Because, if you can't read it in Cyrodil, then you have to port out of Cyrodil to read it and hope that the queue is less than an hour long.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Use the scroll to enjoy a two-hour, 100% buff in the Alliance War, Imperial City, and Battlegrounds to:
    • Alliance Points gained
    So...the XP gain is not for healers? Does the XP gain not apply to the XP earned from completing a BG?

I mean, I'm above next patch's CP cap and I don't play a healer, but this buff just seems unnecessarily exclusive.

Even healers can light attack enemies and run siege weapons. I got my 50 killing blows last year on a Healer. Just play it a little more aggressively than usual.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • Alliance Points gained

Even healers can light attack enemies and run siege weapons. I got my 50 killing blows last year on a Healer. Just play it a little more aggressively than usual.

Light attacking is not a means to get XP from kills with anything like regularity. And siege can't be used in BGs.

But again, I don't play a healer so I don't really know what it's like to be one.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's the question, are they going to allow you to read the scroll in Cyrodiil or do you have to be outside of Cyrodil to read it like you do for every single one of the other events. Because, if you can't read it in Cyrodil, then you have to port out of Cyrodil to read it and hope that the queue is less than an hour long.

They designed this one to be an inventory item rather than a memento for that very reason. You can use it from your inventory while you're inside Cyrodiil or IC.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

When they ran Mid-year Mayhem on the PTS it was these sets...

sqU37xh.jpg

Last year the Golden sold necklaces one weekend, rings the next.
    PC EU
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bgs you have consistent ap even if you lose it’s a guaranteed 14k ap during the event (I’m not sure if they’re also doubling ap from your score too) and if you win it’s 20k plus the ap for your score. Most bg matches are quick and don’t actually go the entire 15. I believe the queues will be a lot faster during the event as well.

Cyrodiil is really good too, especially if you know how to kill people. The problem is you can be stuck waiting a around for a tick if you’re an average player. Albeit, the gains from the last event was insane for everyone but I think a big part of that was from people exploiting.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on July 20, 2018 4:32PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can use it in Cyro.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Alliance Points gained

Light attacking is not a means to get XP from kills with anything like regularity. And siege can't be used in BGs.

But again, I don't play a healer so I don't really know what it's like to be one.

Well, no. If you want to get your killing blows regularly and quickly, you probably aren't playing a healer. As for AP and exp for killing players, healers get extra AP for healing, so that's a wash in my experience.

My point was that for healers trying to get that 50 killing blows achievement without outright changing their builds to be more aggressive, light attacking in between healing and running siege (in Cyrodiil, obviously) is how I did it, playing over a couple of days last year. I played more aggressively and I didn't just spam heals.

But practically speaking, every PVP healer should have some form of offense. Especially in Battlegrounds.