The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BUY THE CRAFT BAG OUTRIGHT

• Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    "destroy the game"? don't be ridiculous. You see people wearing/riding crown store items all the time.

1500 crown/month for ESO+ is enough to buy a few mounts/costumes or save up for crown only house.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of us have subscribed from the beginning of this game, primarily for the craft bag, paying $15 a month for over four years...and you want to buy it for 1500 crowns? LMAO.

you don't ask, you don't get.

You laugh becuase you've accepted the hundreds you've spent on a single game. You don't want to accept you've been happily getting ripped off for years.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    This topic has come up a number of times and whilst the community have different thoughts on it ZOS has been pretty keen to keep the bag as an ESO Plus perk.

It's one of the biggest perks of ESO Plus and moving it to a single purchase (regardless of cost) would no doubt cause a lot of people to drop their subs or just devalue them over all.

you still gotta buy crowns to buy DLC. And there's plenty of DLC to buy. Plus, there's a dude in my guild who bought the big place outside of Ebonheart, furnished, for the extortionate price they sell it for.

Strange. I bought all the dlc. And I bought *no* crowns to do it. Seems you get 1500 crowns a month when you sub. I used those crowns to buy the dlc, so even if I dropped my sub for whatever reason I would still have the dlc.

I've bought crowns to buy fun stuff like senche mounts and cat pets, but not to buy dlc. Might have taken 2 months to let the crowns accumulate, but they do accumulate.

• stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You want the Craft Bag then Sub.

It is the primary benefit of subbing. Remove that incentive and enough people will cancel their subs that this game will die. Or become the Cash Shop P2W that no one wants.

Its kind of insulting that you want to destroy this game because you want the craft bag for basically one months subscription.

You know what the primary benefit of subbing used to be? Playing ESO.

ZOS created this whole dumb situation... players shouldn't have to suffer. I remember when players on these forums BEGGED ZOS not to go B2P, but they did it anyway. They created "Tamriel Unlimited" and told us that buying DLC was just as good as renting month to month. Well, that turned out to be a BIG FAT LIE.

So yes, OP is correct: the crafting bag is a SLAP IN THE FACE to every player who shelled out COLD HARD CASH up front for all the DLC!

Finally someone who sees what's actually going on. Be prepared for a bunch of people with more money than sense (regardless of how little money they have) ready to take the p***
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us have subscribed from the beginning of this game, primarily for the craft bag, paying $15 a month for over four years...and you want to buy it for 1500 crowns? LMAO.

You laugh becuase you've accepted the hundreds you've spent on a single game. You don't want to accept you've been happily getting ripped off for years.

No one's been getting ripped off. For the price of a 1500 crown pack, you get 1500 crowns, access to all the DLC, increased gold drops, faster research, faster exp gain, costume dyeing, double housing space, AND the Crafting Bag.

You might not be willing to pay that every month, and that's your decision. But from a price standpoint, not a ripoff.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the Craft Bag as an ESO Plus only perk is insulting. You give us more and more items all the time and nobody's bank can handle that. I'm not paying a monthly subscription just for the privilege but I will buy it outright for about 1500 Crowns.

hehe waaaaaa
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Although I kind of like th option of letting my sub lapse and still being able to come back and check things out, if making this a sub only game would mean enough resources to fix PvP then that would be fine.

we all know that a large amount of the money we spend on the game goes to lining the pockets of fat rich people. They won't put any more meney than is absolutely necessary to making the game functions and keeping people playing.
    PCMR EU.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Actually on Xbox it works out cheaper buying a month ESO+ than buying 1500 crowns... js

PC too. they want to keep you subscribing
    PCMR EU.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    SilverWF wrote: »
    I'm paying for ESO+ because of this:

3. 1500 crowns. 1 month of ESO+ has a cost ~ equal to cost of 1500 crowns pack, so why even just buy crowns only? I'll pay for ESO+, would get the same amount of crowns and also some very useful features

If your someone who spends some crowns each month, this is just a strong an argument as the Craft Bag to sub. If your going to buy 1500 crowns or so, or more, each month, sub.

this "games as a service" bulls**t needs to stop. It's got nothing to do with affording the continuing support of the game, it's about the rich getting richer.
    PCMR EU.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS created this whole dumb situation... players shouldn't have to suffer. I remember when players on these forums BEGGED ZOS not to go B2P, but they did it anyway. They created "Tamriel Unlimited" and told us that buying DLC was just as good as renting month to month. Well, that turned out to be a BIG FAT LIE.

So yes, OP is correct: the crafting bag is a SLAP IN THE FACE to every player who shelled out COLD HARD CASH up front for all the DLC!

ZOS had to go to B2P due to console players. It is pretty bad both for ESO and, as result, for players - but ZOS simply did not have a choice.

As for those who bought DLC and now regret it - it was their own decisions, they should have plan better. All information was available, pretty much only double number of housing items was added to benefits later. Everyone is responsible for their decisions, so let them slap themselves.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sorry. This is a hobby. Something I do for fun. I have a few hobbies; crocheting, crafts, reading, computer games.... This one is about the cheapest one I've ever tried. If I buy a new single player game, I've paid at least $60.00 for it. Depending on the game it can be over/finished in a hundred hours or less. $60.00 is worth what? *4 months* of ESO sub? If I've lost interest/the game is no longer enjoyable, I stop playing. I've been playing since early access, and I'm still enjoying the game. In *your* view, because you don't consider it to be worth the cost, I've been getting ripped off. In my view, I've gotten and am still getting more entertainment for my money than any other activity I engage in for fun.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    I'm not paying a monthly subscription just for the privilege but I will buy it outright for about 1500 Crowns.

Now who’s being insulting?

how exactly is that insulting?

"I want something you have, but I'm not paying more than you stupid suckers pay per month for it!" - That's how.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I held out from subbing for a while. But then inventory became a pain. Honestly, I would still sub just for the crafting bag. It's been totally worth it. I do the 30 day because that's highly manageable for me. I would be okay with the game going back to sub only if it meant things would improve.

On the other side of the coin, I would be okay with the crafting bag becoming available to everyone, but only if something else took its place as the flagship ESO+ perk. What that would be though, I have no idea.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Sorry. This is a hobby. Something I do for fun. I have a few hobbies; crocheting, crafts, reading, computer games.... This one is about the cheapest one I've ever tried. If I buy a new single player game, I've paid at least $60.00 for it. Depending on the game it can be over/finished in a hundred hours or less. $60.00 is worth what? *4 months* of ESO sub? If I've lost interest/the game is no longer enjoyable, I stop playing. I've been playing since early access, and I'm still enjoying the game. In *your* view, because you don't consider it to be worth the cost, I've been getting ripped off. In my view, I've gotten and am still getting more entertainment for my money than any other activity I engage in for fun.

it depends on how much you play. Also, some of us have guilds to run. A lot of people play longer then just as long as it takes to do all the single player quests. Some of us log one daily for a load of different reasons.
    Whether or not you're happy to pay, doesn't negate the fact that it is a rip off
    Edited by stitchesofdooom on July 18, 2018 8:30PM
    PCMR EU.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    I'm not paying a monthly subscription just for the privilege but I will buy it outright for about 1500 Crowns.

"I want something you have, but I'm not paying more than you stupid suckers pay per month for it!" - That's how.

wow you sound like my ex. Do you always read so far between the lines that you go insane and start seeing things that aren't there? I have no idea how you got that sentiment but if that is how you interpret (or, obviously, MISinterpret) then you really need to talk to a professional.

you got problems and they have f*** all to do with me
    PCMR EU.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wow you sound like my ex. Do you always read so far between the lines that you go insane and start seeing things that aren't there?

I might be your ex. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

wow you sound like my ex. Do you always read so far between the lines that you go insane and start seeing things that aren't there? I have no idea how you got that sentiment but if that is how you interpret (or, obviously, MISinterpret) then you really need to talk to a professional.

Well that escalated quickly. LOL
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    wow you sound like my ex. Do you always read so far between the lines that you go insane and start seeing things that aren't there?

I might be your ex. :)

doubtful. she's too much of a coward to face her shame after what she did.
    PCMR EU.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

Well that escalated quickly. LOL

lol, I guess so. But how in God's name did you get THAT from what I posted?
    PCMR EU.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soella wrote: »

ZOS had to go to B2P due to console players. It is pretty bad both for ESO and, as result, for players - but ZOS simply did not have a choice.

As for those who bought DLC and now regret it - it was their own decisions, they should have plan better. All information was available, pretty much only double number of housing items was added to benefits later. Everyone is responsible for their decisions, so let them slap themselves.

#1 False. ZOS did NOT have to go B2P because of consoles. They CHOSE to do this when they found out they were not going to be able to get Sony and Microsoft to waive their monthly online fees (e.g. Xbox Live) for ESO players. There was no technical reason ESO couldn't have kept it's own subscription fee.

#2 False. All information was NOT available. The crafting bag wasn't added until much later after Tamriel Unlimited launched. DLC purchasers had no idea they were never going to get access to this important content.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think iv ever given so many agrees and awesomes in one thread.
    OP - you werent one of them.
  • mikecrci
    mikecrci
    ✭✭✭
    Unlimited inventory bags should be banned outright. Yes, even if it's a paid "extra" feature.

Inventory management is a hallmark of RPGs.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mikecrci wrote: »
    Unlimited inventory bags should be banned outright. Yes, even if it's a paid "extra" feature.

Inventory management is a hallmark of RPGs.

Lol so ZOS should follow the other sheep
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The craft bag should remain exclusive to ESO+ subscribers. Its needed to support the game and keep it afloat.

What more storage space? Buy bag upgrades, bank upgrades and the eight storage chests.
    Soul Shriven
    I agree that the craft bag should remain an ESO+ only perk. I for one used to buy the DLCs outright, but as soon as the released the craft bag I subbed. I think that situation applies to a great number of players.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

it depends on how much you play. Also, some of us have guilds to run. A lot of people play longer then just as long as it takes to do all the single player quests. Some of us log one daily for a load of different reasons.
    Whether or not you're happy to pay, doesn't negate the fact that it is a rip off

Yes, oh righteous one. I have no clue about any of that. Despite the fact I'm in 4 guilds, officer in two of them, one of the main crafters for all 4, log in daily to do more than just the dailys, farm mats so guildies with lower than cp160 characters can get free gear/food/glyphs/alchemy potions, and do my quests for all 15 characters on one account, and 6 on the second account I have no idea how you must suffer. Cause, like, I was doing the same things before the crafting bag and playing a lot of inventory shuffle to make sure I had the mats to do the crafting free of charge for my guildmates. I've been here since early access and mandatory subs. I'm glad ZOS decided to give the players who have decided the game is worth the sub/steady income a perk like the crafting bag. Again, it is your view it is a rip off. There might be other games out there that will provide the experience you're looking for. I wish you luck finding one.

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    .50 (USD) a day. You refuse to pay that? Is that a rip off to you?

I respectfully disagree.
  • ZOS_AlexL
    ZOS_AlexL
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings everyone,

Due to several inappropriate comments, flaming, and the general unconstructive nature of other comments, we have closed this thread. Please remember to keep your comments civil and constructive as set out in our Community Rules.

Thank you for your understanding!

- AlexL
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.